ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Standard emails upon visa decision? (Canberra Embassy)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

marc1234
Newly Registered

Standard emails upon visa decision? (Canberra Embassy)

Post by marc1234 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:51 am

Hi guys,

I am in Australia and am in my ninth week of awaiting news on my spousal visa. Am just wondering if anyone knows if they send the same generic email out to applicants once a decision has been made?

Last year my application got refused and the email they sent was 'Your application has been processed and your passport should be despatched within the next 5 working days.' It wasnt until i received my application back that i saw it had been refused.

Does anyone know if a granted application would receive a different email?

Thanks in advance!

batleykhan

Re: Standard emails upon visa decision? (Canberra Embassy)

Post by batleykhan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:41 pm

marc1234 wrote:Hi guys,

I am in Australia and am in my ninth week of awaiting news on my spousal visa. Am just wondering if anyone knows if they send the same generic email out to applicants once a decision has been made?

Last year my application got refused and the email they sent was 'Your application has been processed and your passport should be despatched within the next 5 working days.' It wasnt until i received my application back that i saw it had been refused.

Does anyone know if a granted application would receive a different email?

Thanks in advance!
It will be the same message as above. They never tell you the outcome till you yourself find out when you open your passport to see if you have been either granted or refused a visa

blessed78
Newly Registered

Post by blessed78 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:05 pm

Actually, that isn't correct - in australia they will tell you via email if your application is successful, and you'll get your docs back within three days. If you're unsuccessful, you get the email you did, as you know!

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:28 pm

It's strange that it should take so long, normally spouse visa applications in first world countries are processed in a matter of days, not weeks.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

blessed78
Newly Registered

Post by blessed78 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:33 pm

Not in australia - we are the exception perhaps! Especially at this time of year. Only 12 per cent processed within six weeks in June, and from what I hear it's averaging around 11 weeks right now. Infuriating. :evil:

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:20 pm

Actually, that isn't correct - in australia they will tell you via email if your application is successful, and you'll get your docs back within three days. If you're unsuccessful, you get the email you did, as you know!
Well the ECO in Australia doesnt seem to be complying with his employers instruction, as they clearly state that they are not to divulge this information......... but I suppose it looks like Australia is a special exemption :wink:

blessed78
Newly Registered

Post by blessed78 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:24 pm

Do they really? ha, interesting to know! we are a bunch of convicts though, remember.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:43 pm

blessed78 wrote:Do they really? ha, interesting to know! we are a bunch of convicts though, remember.
Yes sorry forgot about that bit. :P

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:20 pm

yes someone from Australia stole my heart once :lol: