ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

would this lead to a refusal under rule 320 7a

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

haz2010
Newly Registered

would this lead to a refusal under rule 320 7a

Post by haz2010 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:25 pm

Would having put unintentionally on a previous visa the wrong names of my fiances parents lead to a new visa application to be submitted once we are married to be refused under immigration rule 320 7a?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:48 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:51 am

Moreover, 320(7A) wouldn't be applicable if you didn't give false information in the current visa application. 320(7B) is not applicable for settlement visa applications.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:16 pm

Probably best to explain what happened previously.

haz2010
Newly Registered

Post by haz2010 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:02 pm

and would we then need to prove that the name on the new application were correct? As if we have put them incorrectly before why should they believe us this time round?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:19 pm

haz2010 wrote:and would we then need to prove that the name on the new application were correct? As if we have put them incorrectly before why should they believe us this time round?
If necessary, then wouldn't it be easy to prove (their passports, birth cirtificate, etc.)?

Moreover,
RFL4.3 What is a false representation? wrote:However, you must should not refuse an applicant because you suspect that false representations have been made or because of minor inaccuracies in the application, for example an inaccurate address or mis-spelt name on a visa application form. See the ECO Toolkit for guidance on how to assess an application.

haz2010
Newly Registered

Post by haz2010 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:06 pm

Sorry to go on but am really stressed about this.

Where you say 'if neccesary', do you mean by that, that we put in correct info and then only provide the evidence if asked?

Thank you again

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:48 am

You may be worrying too much. How badly wrong were the names?

moma

Post by moma » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:45 pm

I would just be careful and 320 7a well is disregarded at the discretion of the ECO. if u get a meanie like me then you will be refused and can be refused for the slightest thing. so make sure you cover all basis this eplaination should have backup if u can explain and back it up. I ended up waiting for well over 5 months for my visa and finally got it through some hard graft i spent most of my time online. I am not being mean but i would like you to be prepared.No one advised me that things might go the other way and i was certain i would be back here within a month. I ended up waiting for 5 months so please go through your paperwork and cover all basis.