ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kafi

Re: Urgent help regarding travel awaiting EEA2 application

Post by kafi » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:18 pm

today I made complain to Local MP, UKBA north west, solvit.

it is 6 month and still waiting for a case worker .. total frustrating...

now we need to write to home secretary ..

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:28 pm

kafi wrote:today I made complain to Local MP, UKBA north west, solvit.

it is 6 month and still waiting for a case worker .. total frustrating...

now we need to write to home secretary ..
Also contact the European Commission to let them know that the UKBA is breaking EU Law.

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:31 pm

KKC18 wrote:PS: just been reading other posts re private health insurance. Husband works but I do not. Do I need insurance? As Australian also have reciprical arrangement with NHS.
Nope, no health insurance is needed if your husband is working (I'm an Irish national, and my wife is Peruvian - we didn't have to send any health insurance info, as I am a in employment)

kafi

Post by kafi » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:52 pm

i called today again still waiting for consideration..

Its more than 6 months, complained to home office(13/07/10) , mp & solvit on 20/07/2010...

still dont see any sign of issuing rc... totally frustrating

Commonwealth

Same with u kafi

Post by Commonwealth » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:45 pm

I called two weeks ago and l was toldmy application has been considered believe me till now not yet received. Since then l have been calling n always speak with this rude guy who was helpless. Am sick and tired of their action. Spoke again yesterday n l was told my app still under consideration but which one to believe? Pls help.

babie_meg

Post by babie_meg » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:28 pm

I got a letter from my caseworker on 28 Jun asking me to return my passport to him and I was told my application was near completion. So I sent back my passport on 12 July and was received by UKBA on 13 July. Since then I have not heard anything. Does anyone know how long UKBA usually decide and send back your passport with the RC and all the supporting documents after you sent them back your passport? I know some people say about 2 weeks... it's been almost 2 weeks now. Should I call them to complain? I have a trip coming up in 3 weeks and I'm starting to feel anxious whether I will get my passport back by then. I don't want to have to request my passport back from them again if the application is not complete because I will only have to return it to UKBA later and will just delay the issuance of the RC?

Does anyone know what is the best way to contact my caseworker? Should I send him a letter?

Commonwealth

Post by Commonwealth » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:05 pm

My passport was requested and i posted back in april till now nothing and l have been told different stories that my application was considered on the 7/07/10 and also been told still under consideration. Do not know what to believe. Posted passport back as requested since april. Am fed up with their attitude.

ashah24
Newly Registered

Post by ashah24 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:34 am

OMG i was told exactly the same thing that my appplication was considered on the 2nd of July when i called on the 8th and on the 9tth of july and then on the 12th of July when i called i was told my application was still under consideration, i called again at the end of the day and my application was still under consideration and not completed.

Anyway i received my 5 year recidence card today and im over the moon :D

So trust me your applications have bein considered and should be with you shortly!

Application submitted: 11th May 2010
Residence card received: 22nd July 2010

Commonwealth

Congratulations!!!

Post by Commonwealth » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:13 pm

Thanks alots. Am highly happy for u. My fingers still cross. Hopely soon.

laspo24

Hi All

Post by laspo24 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:10 pm

Just curious. Has anybody apply lately? Cos I made an application on Monday and rang them today only to be told from the first lad that it will take 3weeks for me to get COA while I called back few mins later the woman who attended to me told me it will take 8 weeks for me to receive COA. dont know how long it takes to receive coa lately? Any clue?

DZ
Newly Registered

EEA2 delay

Post by DZ » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:33 am

Hi all, I've read a lot of your comments regarding delays of EEA2 Family Permit. In my case I applied on the 27th January 2010 and received Certificate of Application. Since then I haven't heard from them. In February 2010 I started my employment for a UK company. Due to the nature of their business they require their employees to travel frequently abroad. However it has been already 6 months that I can not travel (they knew about my situation with the visa, and when they employed me they told me they can wait for 6 months, as stated in the letter from the Home Office). Now they warned me that if I do not receive my passport until 30 September then they will terminate my employment... I would like to ask you for advice - what can I do in this situation? I am going to see my MP today and explain my situation, not sure though it will be helpful. What else can I do? is SOLVIT efficient in these cases? Thank you! Dania

DZ
Newly Registered

Re: "Updating the passport"

Post by DZ » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:30 pm

jvgallegos wrote:I really don't know what to do now.
Today my wife (EU citizen) called the Home Office regarding my EEA2 application. She was told that my passport was sent to the office in charge of, and I quote, "updating the passport". When my wife asked them if that meant that the RC was approved, the nice lady said that they were not able to provide that information by phone.
The lady also said that she had no idea of how long it would take until I receive my passport back.
Should I try to call them tomorrow again and try to find out what's going on or should I just wait until something happens? Any suggestions welcome!
Cheers!
jvgallegos, can I ask you which number your wife called HO? I tried to call today the number they give on their website 08450105200 and there is only answering machine... there is no option to talk to some on the phone... where can i call? thanks

sanu84

Re: "Updating the passport"

Post by sanu84 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:51 pm

DZ wrote:
jvgallegos wrote:I really don't know what to do now.
Today my wife (EU citizen) called the Home Office regarding my EEA2 application. She was told that my passport was sent to the office in charge of, and I quote, "updating the passport". When my wife asked them if that meant that the RC was approved, the nice lady said that they were not able to provide that information by phone.
The lady also said that she had no idea of how long it would take until I receive my passport back.
Should I try to call them tomorrow again and try to find out what's going on or should I just wait until something happens? Any suggestions welcome!
Cheers!
jvgallegos, can I ask you which number your wife called HO? I tried to call today the number they give on their website 08450105200 and there is only answering machine... there is no option to talk to some on the phone... where can i call? thanks
call 01 51 672 5626. press option 1, then option 2

DZ
Newly Registered

meeting with MP

Post by DZ » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:37 pm

sanu84, thank you for the number! I will call them on Monday.

I went to see my local MP an hour ago and she laughed at me! She said that normally it takes up to 18 months to get EEA2 and I am waiting only 6 months, so I should just relax and wait. Me and my husband are very disappointed... it is a very soft way to tell you about our emotions... i studied in this country, worked all the time, paid taxes and they behave like this... I just can't believe. I feel so helpless and also furious! I don't want to relax and wait 18 months and lose my job because of this... So the next step SOLVIT?

waqaspk
Newly Registered

EEA2 story

Post by waqaspk » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi everyone,

Hello everbody i would like to discuss my story so far . I applied for EEA2 on 26 january recieved COA certificate of application on 14th . After 4 months called ukba my case was under consideration . two weeks back started to call regularly finally week back they said dicision is made and its been sent to finalisation department. I think hopefully when they dont ask for any other documents and they take decision send it to finalisation department its all sorted out, they said i'll recive my documents in one or two weeks time. A guide for all of you guys who are applyign make a proper file , present it very well. I overstayed my visa for 8 months. i made a proper file marriage photographs, bills in my wife and my name , my son birth certificate even my airline tickets. My wife is french and i was on student visa which expired in april 2009 applied for EEA2 in 2010 january 26th and will hopefully recieving it this month so exactly after 6 months. Dont give up call them you have right to chase your application remind them 6 months time limit. Be positive hopefully eevrone would be sorted . take care

Commonwealth

WHAT IS FINALIZATION?

Post by Commonwealth » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi All,
Can someone explain what is finalization dept all about? I was told my app has been decision since last two weeks till now not yet received my passport with RC. I called today n was told my app is in finalization dept. I think this is another concept of delay and bureaucracy. They are just wasting someone time to progress.
Nobody to complain to. Almost a month now that l have spoken to my MP,imagine l have not heard anything from him. My application is 7 month today. North west complain centre is the same. What next everyone?

simple_shoes
Newly Registered

desperate and unlucky

Post by simple_shoes » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:26 am

submitted eea2 on 30.03.10
received COA on 29.04.10 dated 22.04.10
called on 18.06 - in a queue to be assigned to caseworker
called on 5.07 to request EEA passport for business trip - still in queue
EEA passport received on 12.07
called on 26.07 - situation the same, still in a queue to be assigned to caseworker

the situation is the same for 4 months already. going to write a note to my MP...

babie_meg

Re: WHAT IS FINALIZATION?

Post by babie_meg » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:35 pm

Commonwealth wrote:Hi All,
Can someone explain what is finalization dept all about? I was told my app has been decision since last two weeks till now not yet received my passport with RC. I called today n was told my app is in finalization dept. I think this is another concept of delay and bureaucracy. They are just wasting someone time to progress.
Nobody to complain to. Almost a month now that l have spoken to my MP,imagine l have not heard anything from him. My application is 7 month today. North west complain centre is the same. What next everyone?
I was also told today that my application is now with finalisation department - they said a decision was made last Fri 23 July - but were not able to tell me what the decision was. Not sure when I will receive all my documents back. The woman said due to a backlog in the finalisation department it might take them a few weeks to send out the docs to all the applicants whose applications have been decided recently!!

Commonwealth

Finalization

Post by Commonwealth » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:15 pm

Hi All,
I received an email from solvit telling me that my case is receiving urgent attention from Home Office, also asked me if l have heard anything from home office.
I replied back immediately saying no.

kafi

Post by kafi » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:49 am

have called to home office today, one gentle man says decision is made and waiting for some document to return. he wasn't able to say more than that
Last edited by kafi on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

patmit
Newly Registered

Post by patmit » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:35 am

I just called them and was told 2 weeks ago that I was going to hear from HO soon, they told me again that my case is still under consideration and it even not hasn't waited in a queue to be sent back to the applicants!

So disappointed!

kafi

Post by kafi » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:22 pm

I have called to home office today, one gentle man says decision is made and waiting for some document to return. he wasn't able to say more than that.

Commonwealth

RC ARRIVED AT LAST

Post by Commonwealth » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:12 pm

Hi All, at last l received my residence card today issued since 28/06/10. Thanks everybody for your support.

adolma999
Newly Registered

Re: RC ARRIVED AT LAST

Post by adolma999 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:12 pm

Commonwealth wrote:Hi All, at last l received my residence card today issued since 28/06/10. Thanks everybody for your support.
one month to send documents back... hmmmm... congrats anyways. How long was your total wait ?

I called HO today and changed my address. I told them am changing work and they said you dont need to tell us about that. I said: I know that sometimes it takes a long time to receive letters from HO have you sent me aynthing because I am leaving my current address. She said NO. I said: has it been allocated to a case worker, she replied: still in queue. Reminder of my story:
01/03/2010 applied EEA2
COA two weeks after
11/05/2010 Passports back for travel
still waiting... total time so far: almost 5 months

patmit
Newly Registered

Post by patmit » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:21 pm

Congratulations, Commonwealth!

I'm still in the desperate waiting ... it seems that they tried to make a decision on the last day of the 6 months!!!