ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Visa - Maintenance of Funds - Very Confusin

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

oc2pus

Tier 1 Dependent Visa - Maintenance of Funds - Very Confusin

Post by oc2pus » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:38 pm

Hi Folks

it is very confusing to understand Maintenance of Funds for spouse. May be I am not gettig it right. Please help.

I have already got HSMP since 2008 and then extended in 2010 as Tier 1 General.

Now, I want to apply my Wife's dependent visa under Tier 1 (General) and she will apply from Pakistan. What is the amount should I maintain in my bank account.

One thing worth to mention again:

* I am not applying Tier 1 visa for myself as I already have Tier 1 visa and I am living in UK for more than 3 years. (I think, I dont need to Maintain any funds for myself in order to get my wife dependent visa, however i need to maintain certain amount for my wife's dependent visa. Correct me if i am wrong)

What amount should i maintain in my bank account (three months) applying for wife's dependent visa. (Only my wife is applying for visa (not me) she is not in UK but I live in UK for more than 3 years).

* £533 (as I am living in UK more than 12 months and only maintain this amount for wife)
* £800 (as I am living in UK more than 12 months but wife is applying outside UK)
* £1333 (as I am living in UK so I need to show funds for myself and for wife)
* £1600 (as wife is applying outside UK)
* £2133 (as wife is applying outside UK and I need to maintain £1600 (for her) + my funds £533)
* £2400 (dont know how to explain this amount)

Please simplify this mystry. Your kind and accurate information will help me and others. Thanx

* I have repeated my statement in this query because when ever I asked this question on different forums, couldn't get the right answer but more confusing.

Kind Regards

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:50 pm

You need £800 for yourself and £533 for your Mrs. In total you need to maintain £1333 to make this application.

Hope this clarifies. Others please correct me if I am wrong.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Dependent Visa - Maintenance of Funds - Very Conf

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:33 pm

oc2pus wrote:Hi Folks

it is very confusing to understand Maintenance of Funds for spouse. May be I am not gettig it right. Please help.

Now, I want to apply my Wife's dependent visa under Tier 1 (General) and she will apply from Pakistan. What is the amount should I maintain in my bank account.

* I am not applying Tier 1 visa for myself as I already have Tier 1 visa and I am living in UK for more than 3 years. (I think, I dont need to Maintain any funds for myself in order to get my wife dependent visa, however i need to maintain certain amount for my wife's dependent visa. Correct me if i am wrong)

What amount should i maintain in my bank account (three months) applying for wife's dependent visa. (Only my wife is applying for visa (not me) she is not in UK but I live in UK for more than 3 years).

* £533 (as I am living in UK more than 12 months and only maintain this amount for wife)
* £800 (as I am living in UK more than 12 months but wife is applying outside UK)
* £2133 (as wife is applying outside UK and I need to maintain £1600 (for her) + my funds £533)

Please simplify this mystry. Your kind and accurate information will help me and others. Thanx

* I have repeated my statement in this query because when ever I asked this question on different forums, couldn't get the right answer but more confusing.

Kind Regards
You need 800+533 as advised already by rizwan

oc2pus

Post by oc2pus » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:02 pm

rizwan567 wrote:You need £800 for yourself and £533 for your Mrs. In total you need to maintain £1333 to make this application.

Thanx guys for reply but your information is also confusing, I am quoting a statement from UK Border Agency Website

(As a guide, your dependants should include:

* evidence of their relationship to you;
* evidence that there is £1600 (or £533 if you have been in the UK for more than 12 months) for each dependant, in your or their personal bank account for maintenance, and that the money has been there for at least 3 months prior to the date they make their application; and
* a copy of the pages from your passport/travel document showing your permission to stay, if you are already in the UK.)

It has not been mentioned that I also show funds for myself. As per my understanding I have already got the visa, I am living & working in UK, salary is coming in my account every month and I am surviving. Only reason they want to see 533 pounds for three months that they new comer has 533 pounds for a month to survive. Correct me if I am wrong.

Any suggestion.

Kind Regards

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:32 pm

oc2pus wrote:
rizwan567 wrote:You need £800 for yourself and £533 for your Mrs. In total you need to maintain £1333 to make this application.

Thanx guys for reply but your information is also confusing, I am quoting a statement from UK Border Agency Website

* evidence that there is £1600 (or £533 if you have been in the UK for more than 12 months) for each dependant, in your or their personal bank account for maintenance, and that the money has been there for at least 3 months prior to the date they make their application; and
* a copy of the pages from your passport/travel document showing your permission to stay, if you are already in the UK.)

It has not been mentioned that I also show funds for myself. As per my understanding I have already got the visa, I am living & working in UK, salary is coming in my account every month and I am surviving. Only reason they want to see 533 pounds for three months that they new comer has 533 pounds for a month to survive. Correct me if I am wrong.

Any suggestion.

Kind Regards
I suggest you go through the policy guidance for dependants which states

'44.If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 Migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family. Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third child, the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for two years and the family applies for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an additional £533 in available funds.'

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf

Also suggest to go through the below thread
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=60955

alladin

Post by alladin » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:08 pm

Hi ., I have applied for dependent visa with 533 pounds., if you go to the address at

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#20836419,

and this is the reference when pple apply from outside, though they say that ukba guidelines will hold if there is any conflict.

and in the section

"What supporting documents should my dependants include with their application?
"
you can see they ask for 533. And moreover, this document is updated on 19th july 2010. JFYI, my wife has got the dependent visa on May,2010 and I had shown 533GBP in my accounts. Though it was more than 700 all the time. But not 533+800.

cheers,
alladin

aruni4470 wrote:
oc2pus wrote:

Any suggestion.

Kind Regards
I suggest you go through the policy guidance for dependants which states

'44.If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 Migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family. Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third child, the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for two years and the family applies for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an additional £533 in available funds.'

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf

Also suggest to go through the below thread
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=60955

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:15 pm

I have quoted what is mentioned in the Policy guidance (also believe that this is the document that has to be followed) which holds good for in-country and out of country applications. If somebody wants to differ, they have every right to do so. The OP can go through all the guidance available and decide for himself/herself.

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:46 pm

aruni4470 wrote:I have quoted what is mentioned in the Policy guidance (also believe that this is the document that has to be followed) which holds good for in-country and out of country applications. If somebody wants to differ, they have every right to do so. The OP can go through all the guidance available and decide for himself/herself.
Aruni is correct with regard to the guidance. However, the trend seen is that BHCs normally are ok with appropriate maintenance funds shown for the dependant only and need not include those for main applicant.
Regards,
crowbar6

oc2pus

Post by oc2pus » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:32 pm

aruni4470 wrote:

Kind Regards
Hi Guys, much appreciate your replies, this is the reply I have got from HO, I had asked same question to them. Reply is as follows

Reply from HO
Thank you for the enquiry.

It is the visa applicant who is required to provide evidence of funds available for her maintenance which in this case, would be 533 pounds as you have lived in the UK for more than 12 months.

Sent by:
Public Enquiries [J],Customer Services,
Visa Services Directorate, International Group,
UK Border Agency, c/o Lunar House,
40 Wellesley Road, Croydon CR9 2BY

Web-site: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 25 July 2010 9:16 PM
To: Public Visa Enqs
Subject: Ref: VCS654859: General information

Page used to send this email:
Your enquiries [http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/aboutus/en ... /contactus]

Email address:
Nationality of traveller:
Pakistani

Where are you?
United Kingdom

(((((Subject: Wife Dependent visa Under Tier 1 General from Pakistan:
It is very confusing to understand Maintenance of Funds for spouse.
I have already got HSMP since 2008 and then extended my Visa in 2010 as Tier 1 General.

I just got married, I want to apply my Wife's dependent visa under Tier 1 (General) and she will apply from Pakistan. What is the amount should I maintain in my bank account in order to fulfill "Maintenance of Funds" requirement for my wife’s dependent visa.

*(Only my wife is applying for visa, I have already on Tier 1, living and working in UK more than 3 years), please clarify which of the following statement is correct in my case.

* Do I need to show money for myself as well? (As I already got my Visa)
* What amount should I maintain in my bank account (for three months) applying for wife's dependent visa.
* £533 (as I am living & Working in UK more than 12 months and only maintain this amount for wife
* £800 (as I am living & working in UK more than 12 months but wife is applying outside UK)
* £1333 [£533 + £800] (as I am living & working in UK but I need to show funds for myself and for wife)
* £2400 (don’t know how to explain this amount)

Please simplify this mystery. Your kind and accurate information will help me a lot. Thank You.

I would really appreciate your early reply as I am already at dead end, no one giving the right info.)))))))

tsadeel79

Post by tsadeel79 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:54 am

oc2pus wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:

Kind Regards
Hi Guys, much appreciate your replies, this is the reply I have got from HO, I had asked same question to them. Reply is as follows

Reply from HO

It is the visa applicant who is required to provide evidence of funds available for her maintenance which in this case, would be 533 pounds as you have lived in the UK for more than 12 months.

Sent by:

Email address:
Pakistani

Where are you?
United Kingdom

I have already got HSMP since 2008 and then extended my Visa in 2010 as Tier 1 General.

I just got married, I want to apply my Wife's dependent visa under Tier 1 (General) and she will apply from Pakistan. What is the amount should I maintain in my bank account in order to fulfill "Maintenance of Funds" requirement for my wife’s dependent visa.

*(Only my wife is applying for visa, I have already on Tier 1, living and working in UK more than 3 years), please clarify which of the following statement is correct in my case.

* What amount should I maintain in my bank account (for three months) applying for wife's dependent visa.
* £533 (as I am living & Working in UK more than 12 months and only maintain this amount for wife
* £800 (as I am living & working in UK more than 12 months but wife is applying outside UK)
* £1333 [£533 + £800] (as I am living & working in UK but I need to show funds for myself and for wife)

Please simplify this mystery. Your kind and accurate information will help me a lot. Thank You.

I would really appreciate your early reply as I am already at dead end, no one giving the right info.)))))))
@oc2pus
ya £533 is sufficient if you live in uk more than a year and ur dependent is applying outside UK. but for safe side i would suggest maintain good amount of money as BHC are very fussy on funds and bank statement.
also make sure your bank statement will not more than 1 month old even 1 day at time of submission.
they refused my wife visa bcoz my bank statement bcome 4 days old at time of submission. :(

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:15 am

tsadeel79 wrote:
oc2pus wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:

Kind Regards

Reply from HO

Sent by:

Email address:
Pakistani

Where are you?
United Kingdom

@oc2pus
ya £533 is sufficient if you live in uk more than a year and ur dependent is applying outside UK. but for safe side i would suggest maintain good amount of money as BHC are very fussy on funds and bank statement.
also make sure your bank statement will not more than 1 month old even 1 day at time of submission.
they refused my wife visa bcoz my bank statement bcome 4 days old at time of submission. :(
You mean older by 1 month and 4 days...right?

tsadeel79

Post by tsadeel79 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:31 am

destiniation_london wrote:
tsadeel79 wrote:
oc2pus wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:

Reply from HO

Sent by:

Email address:
Pakistani

Where are you?
United Kingdom

@oc2pus
You mean older by 1 month and 4 days...right?
@destiniation_london
not only just 4 days old..e.g i gave my bank statement 3 feb to 3 may and my wife applies 7 june so my bank statement was 4 days old at time of submission.

oc2pus

Post by oc2pus » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:53 pm

tsadeel79 wrote:
oc2pus wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:

Kind Regards

Reply from HO

Sent by:

Email address:
Pakistani

Where are you?
United Kingdom

@oc2pus
I absolutely agree with you guys that statement must be more than £533 on the safe side and also thank you for your advice that statement must be with one month limit before the submission of the application.

naeed

Post by naeed » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:32 am

Hi oc2pus

its £533 for ur dependant visa and not to worry about ur maintenance as u r not applying urself for visa.

i dependant was successful with dependant visa with £533.

Best of luck

Regards