ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAC application tracking status and what it means?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

smshoaib
Newly Registered

VAC application tracking status and what it means?

Post by smshoaib » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:00 am

Hi,

few days back I applied for Tier 1 (General) immigartion, so far I have received following status messages from vfs

Visa application has been dispatched to BE
Visa Application is under process at BE

Anyone know the whole process and the next steps? What does under process means?

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 (general) Application Process steps

Post by prisat » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:43 am

smshoaib wrote:Hi,

few days back I applied for Tier 1 (General) immigartion, so far I have received following status messages from vfs

Anyone know the whole process and the next steps? What does under process means?
So, you applied without knowing this.... highly appreciated...
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:45 am

What does under process means?
It means it is being processed for a decision to be made :)

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:25 am

Your Application is under review of BDHC.....
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

smshoaib
Newly Registered

Post by smshoaib » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:40 pm

indianinworld wrote:

Your Application is under review of BDHC.....
So the next response should be either YES or NO ? or there are some steps before the final decision?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:50 pm

1. Application forwarded to / received by BHC for processing means that VAC has forwarded your application to the British High Commission where your application will be considered by UKBA staff.
2. Application under process at British High Commission means that the BHC concerned with assessing your application has admitted your application in their work queue and is presently somewhere in the assessment cycle (waiting to be assigned to a caseworker, assigned to caseworker, being assessed by caseworker, under review by ECO, etc. etc.).
3. The next step, when a decision is reached, will be a message to the effect - "your application has been processed and returned to VFS / VAC" or "your application has been processed and returned to the applicant" (depending on how applications are returned to the applicant in the country of application submission and what method of delivery the applicant may have chosen) - which effectively means that a decision has been reached by BHC on your application and the decision (along with passport and documents) has been forwarded to the VAC / applicant (or is on its way there).

Please note that decisions about the applications are not disclosed on VAC website / through SMS, and will become known to you only when you receive your documents back.

Hope this clarifies doubts regarding VAC's online status messages and their meanings.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

smshoaib
Newly Registered

Post by smshoaib » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:06 pm

sushdmehta wrote:1. Application forwarded to / received by BHC for processing means that VAC has forwarded your application to the British High Commission where your application will be considered by UKBA staff.
2. Application under process at British High Commission means that the BHC concerned with assessing your application has admitted your application in their work queue and is presently somewhere in the assessment cycle (waiting to be assigned to a caseworker, assigned to caseworker, being assessed by caseworker, under review by ECO, etc. etc.).
3. The next step, when a decision is reached, will be a message to the effect - "your application has been processed and returned to VFS / VAC" or "your application has been processed and returned to the applicant" (depending on how applications are returned to the applicant in the country of application and what method of delivery the applicant may have chosen - which effectively means that a decision has been reached by BHC on your application and the decision (along with passport and documents) has been forwarded to the VAC / applicant (or is on its way there).

Please note that decisions about the applications are not disclosed on VAC website / through SMS, and will become known to you only when you receive your documents back.

Hope this clarifies doubts regarding VAC's online status messages and their meanings.

regards
Thanks sushdmehta, ''under process'' is self explanatory but I was looking for the details you shared in point 2.

Can I call BHC to ask if the application is still in waiting queue or assigned to case worker? Another stupid question? :S

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:10 pm

smshoaib wrote:Can I call BHC to ask if the application is still in waiting queue or assigned to case worker?
You may, and they will not tell you.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

smshoaib
Newly Registered

Post by smshoaib » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:11 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
smshoaib wrote:Can I call BHC to ask if the application is still in waiting queue or assigned to case worker?
You may, and they will not tell you.

regards
Thanks anyways :)