ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pay slips - Is't essential to be stamped or signed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

umtstest
Newly Registered

Pay slips - Is't essential to be stamped or signed

Post by umtstest » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:41 am

Hi
I receive my pay slips online. My company agreed to re-print them to me on the company's letter-headed paper which simply is a paper that has the company logo on the top and bottom of the paper in color. This is the official paper they have. However, they refuse to sign them, stamp them, or add any thing to them. Each pay slip shows name of my department and my name as well as pay information. would this be acceptable ?

Thx

nitinmittal13
Newly Registered

Post by nitinmittal13 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:14 am

It is recommended to get them signed and stammped.

Ankitha
Newly Registered

Post by Ankitha » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:00 am

Hi,

I sincerely advise you to get them attested and signed as mentioned in the guidelines

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: Pay slips - Is't essential to be stamped or signed

Post by prisat » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:05 am

umtstest wrote:Hi
I receive my pay slips online. My company agreed to re-print them to me on the company's letter-headed paper which simply is a paper that has the company logo on the top and bottom of the paper in color. This is the official paper they have. However, they refuse to sign them, stamp them, or add any thing to them. Each pay slip shows name of my department and my name as well as pay information. would this be acceptable ?

Thx

Better to be with seal / sign (Authorised signatory).
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:56 am

IMHO, you are good to go.

Quoted below from policy guidelines,
Payslips: These should be either formal i) payslips or on company headed paper. Where formal payslips are produced on plain paper they must be stamped and signed by the employer. Payslips which are not on headed paper or the applicant receives all pay slips online, he/she must authenticate the evidence by asking the employer to sign and stamp a printout. If the applicant provides payslips, they must cover the whole period claimed (for example, if payslips are produced monthly, the applicant must provide the payslip for each month of the period claimed).

It clearly says, payslips which are NOT on headed paper or applicant receives all pay slips online, is when you need to get them signed and stamped.

In your case, you mention it is company letter head paper and has the logo in color, so I don't think you should have a problem.

umtstest
Newly Registered

Post by umtstest » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Thanks all for your reply. Although I agree with you that it is better to sign and stamp but as LearningCurve mentione it should be ok if it is on company headed paper. Although the paper has no address it has the logo in colour printed on two parts of the paper. The logo is also the name of the company. It is very difficult to stamp them as they told me that they dobn't have a stamp.

hsmp_victory

Post by hsmp_victory » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:43 am

I would personally advise you to get them signed and stamped no matter what it says on the guidlines. The case worker barely remembers the guidlines and judges everything what he/she sees. I applied for ILR and nowhere it said in guidlines that the payslips need stamps. But when I went personally to Apply in Croydon office, During the first stage of application process the women asked me if my payslips were stamped?. So it is is upto you to either leave a loophole in your application for them to exploit, OR make sure you dont leave a loophole.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:43 am

Does letter head contain other address information of your company or it only contains company Logo? If your letter head contains Address/contact details etc. along with Logo, I would say you are good to go.
But if it only contain Logo without other information, it would need sign/stamp.

umtstest wrote:Thanks all for your reply. Although I agree with you that it is better to sign and stamp but as LearningCurve mentione it should be ok if it is on company headed paper. Although the paper has no address it has the logo in colour printed on two parts of the paper. The logo is also the name of the company. It is very difficult to stamp them as they told me that they dobn't have a stamp.

umtstest
Newly Registered

Post by umtstest » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:30 am

Thanks all. I checked with our HR and they told me that they can't stamp them. Unfortunately, the company headed paper has the logo only and there is no additional info. I think this is because the company has campus every where here and they don't like to add the address of the head quarter. I can ask my department to print the address and the phone number then print the pay slip. Would this be acceptable?