ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending the student visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vicedens2002
Newly Registered

Extending the student visa

Post by vicedens2002 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:21 pm

I came to UK on 09/09/09 ON TIER 4 general student visa for masters course. I wrote 2 semesters here , in which I got 3 resits. But I have to write them in the next diets which is in December 2010 and may 2011 and after that only I have to do my dissertation .My visa expires in middle of January 2011. Can I get any extension for this? If not, I am planning to do another course in masters level and planning to take the resits side by side. Is this possible ?
Thanks..

accastudent

Post by accastudent » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:32 pm

Talk to your student advisor at your uni, if they issue you CAS for extension then there is no problem. Sort out your problem from now, if you are going to start new course in January then you need to get new visa for that course (only if your sponsor is not highly trusted sponsor). Best of luck.
M W ALI

vicedens2002
Newly Registered

Post by vicedens2002 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:28 am

I have talked to my uni about this and they told they cannot issue CAS. For the new course I gonna start from September itself and my new uni is a highly trusted sponser.
Thanks