ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed Visa Stamped Timings - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

scan_me

lols at BHC Islamabad

Post by scan_me » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:15 am

MY EMAIL TO THEM......

Dear and Most Respected Staff Of BHC Islamabad,

My settlement Visa Appeal's been allowed 30th March 2010. determination recieved 27th April 2010.

I have not recieved my Call Letter Yet. Kindly can you tell me what is going on with my case. THANKS

THERE REPLY........

Dear Sir

Thank you for your email of 23-07-2010 enquiring about the progress of your visa application. Applications for settlement in the UK are processed by our visa section in London. I have checked on the status of your application and can confirm that it is under consideration. Once a decision has been reached your documents will be returned to the Visa Application Centre (Gerry’s). They will contact you as soon as they receive them. If you have any further enquiries about your application please send them to UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk .

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN GUYS.?

RM786

Post by RM786 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:19 pm

Dear All,

I thankyou all, and pray you all have success with your cases very soon inshallah. Oh it was very sad to hear about the plane crash in islamabad all those lives taken. I guess when your time is here there is nothing anyone can do.

My wife will inshallah join me in the U.K next week. There was no call from the BHC to confirm anything. I think her case must have been processed a little quicker due to her being 6 months pregnant.

chezza100

Post by chezza100 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:13 pm

Hi

Just to let you know my husband got an email from the FCO in Abu Dhabi advising his details are still in London being processed.

Thats a bit odd considering when I called the office in London they advised all details had been sent to Islamabad and they couldn't tell me anything.

It took 10 days to reply to the email so they must be very busy.

:?

musab_27

Re: lols at BHC Islamabad

Post by musab_27 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:38 pm

scan_me wrote:MY EMAIL TO THEM......

Dear and Most Respected Staff Of BHC Islamabad,

My settlement Visa Appeal's been allowed 30th March 2010. determination recieved 27th April 2010.

I have not recieved my Call Letter Yet. Kindly can you tell me what is going on with my case. THANKS

THERE REPLY........

Dear Sir

Thank you for your email of 23-07-2010 enquiring about the progress of your visa application. Applications for settlement in the UK are processed by our visa section in London. I have checked on the status of your application and can confirm that it is under consideration. Once a decision has been reached your documents will be returned to the Visa Application Centre (Gerry’s). They will contact you as soon as they receive them. If you have any further enquiries about your application please send them to UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk .

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN GUYS.?
The HO office has 30 days to appeal against judges decison, i don't think this is case in your matter as it has been a couple of months since desicion.

I think the email is just delaying tactic. I suggest you het the sponser to contact tehir locla MP in UK, to chase up the call letter and keep emailing.

scan_me

hey

Post by scan_me » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:56 am

hey musab thanks for your reply brov.

I sent them email again and said my wife and solicitor to do it aswell.

hey cheeza what is the uk number to contact them?

you got the same reply as me saying the same thing cheeza.

anyways lets c another reply from them.

take care

keep posting

chezza100

Post by chezza100 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:05 pm

Hi Scan_me

I called the UKBA on 0870 6067766.

I had a feeling they wouldn't be able to help but we needed to know something - I think its not having any information thats the worst part.

Just a warning if anybody calls, there are lots of numbers to select from before you speak to a person.

z4ydi

Post by z4ydi » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:10 pm

SubhanAllah - It was a long enough wait when I was waiting for wife's settlement visa and on the 15th of July we received the refusal now going through the usual i.e. preparing the appeal through my solicitor. Can someone give me a realistic idea of the 2 outcomes
  • 1. If the decision is overturned - how long does it take to get the visa stamped, please list the timing with the sequence of events i.e. decisons overturned, call letter ......etc
    2. If it goes to court - what is the time we have to wait untill we get the visa stamped
thirdly if it goes to court does the judge give you the decision there and then or you have to go through further waiting time to get the decision.

JazakAllahu Khyran

scan_me

hey

Post by scan_me » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:29 pm

hey how are you guys.

I think it takes 3 to 4 months for decision to overturn.

If it goes to court it takes about 7 months for hearing and sumtimes judge

tells you that decision is gona be in your favour further 15 to 30 days to

receive determination letter of judge decision. Another wait for Call letter

takes about 6 weeks to 15 weeks as i am waiting for my call letter in 13th

week now then another wait to get it stamp that takes about another 4 to 8

weeks. long wait brother pray everything goes in your favour.

Wish you good luck

Thanks

khan2010
Newly Registered

waiting for visa to be stamped

Post by khan2010 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:11 pm

appeal allowed feb 2010 received call letter on june 2nd submitted passport islamabad on 14th june still heard back frm them can anyone tell me how long it would take to come back

scan_me

Slam

Post by scan_me » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:03 pm

hey Khan how are you.

When was your oral hearing?

When did you receive your determination letter?

when did you receive call letter?

can you plz give us dates.

you should be geting your passport back soon InshAllah.

what did they ask you to submit with the call letter?

Thanks will look forword to your reply.............

khan2010
Newly Registered

Post by khan2010 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:48 pm

applied for visa in march 2009 visa refused in april 2009 lodged appeal in april 2009 got listed for court in october 2009 for some strange reason the hearing was on 5th febuary 2010 appealed allowed recieved determination on on march 10th got passport call letter june 2nd 2010 submitted passport along with valid t.b certificate on the 14th june 2010 at islamabad they said 3 to 4 weeks it has been over 7 weeks no news yet.

khan2010
Newly Registered

question

Post by khan2010 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:29 am

anyone else in my situtation plz advise thankyou

taz786

Post by taz786 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:08 pm

hey khan2010

were in the same situation as u. my sis-in-law submitted her passport for visa stamping in may 25th but has not heard anything. she also was told to cum bk in 3 weeks but has not heard a thing. i rang the VAC (gerrys) and they advised me to ring in 2-3 days time but i kicked up a big fuss over the phone in regards to the case, and i would strongly advise u to contact ur local MP as i have done this 4 my sis-in-law. i rang up the mp today and sed i wud get a reply by the end og the week. although it takes 20 working days to get a reply.

tc cre

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:09 am

Hi Folks,

I finally got my passport. Apparently there was some mix-up at the VAC as my stamped passport was laying with these guys since 23rd July but I got intimated yesterday. Got there and collected the passport with the Visa. It has taken nearly 2 years and 2000 GBP in assorted fees to get this far but it was worth every penny :)

Timeline:

Got married Aug 2008 and started putting case together.

Applied in March 2009 for spouse visa.

Got rejection in July 2009 and put in the paperwork for an appeal.

Got hearing date in Dec 2009 for hearing in April 2010.

Appeal hearing held in mid April 2010.

Refusal overturned and decision intimated by AIT at end of April 2010.

BHC Call leter received in late May 2010.

Passport submitted on 14th June 2010.

Stamped Passport Collected on 4th August 2010.

Lessons Learned:

-Get a good immigration lawyer. A good lawyer is worth his/her fee in gold. My lawyer fee was the best investment i ever made.

- Take the time and prepare your documentation and financial statements in consultation with your lawyer.

- Always state the truth in your documents and never hide anything. It pays off in the end.

Thanks to all of you on the forum. I learned a lot just reading other peoples' post over here.

Regards,
Mesam.

khan2010
Newly Registered

Post by khan2010 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:20 pm

congrats mesam happy for you

quick question did somone ring frm gerry fedex to come and collect your passport?

i also submitted on 14th june no news

musab_27

Post by musab_27 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:41 pm

CONGRATULATIONS MESAM.

Your wait for a visa has been v lengthy, at least it's done now.

May you and your wife have a prosporous marriage together insh Allah, and all the best for your job search when u get here.

Pray for all especially those affected by the devestating floods, our probs are nothing in comparison to what they face.

All the best:-)

Mesam6

Post by Mesam6 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:42 am

Thanks Guys,

Yes. A person from Gerry's called me on the mobile number I gave at the time of passport submission. All i had to do was take my NIC, a copy of my NIC and the consignment note they gave me at the time of the passport submission.

You should be getting the call soon so have your phone switched on at all times. I suspect i may have missed a couple of their initial calls.

I agreed with you a 100% Musab. Our visa problems pale in comparison to the calamities that our nation is facing. The floods and the AirBlue crash has hit us all hard. I remember seeing the crash site from the roof top of my office in Islamabad and it was devastating byond comparison. Let us all pray for the souls of those affected by these tragedies and be thankful to Allah for all we have.

Regards,
Mesam.

scan_me

Slam

Post by scan_me » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:15 pm

congrat M8.

Wish you good luck for the future.

scan_me

Post by scan_me » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:01 am

Morning. this is what i receive from abu dhabi.

still no proper ans... from BHC,when my call letter gona come.

Thank you for your email of (date). Unfortunately we are not dealing with this type of applications in Abudhabi. I will forward this email to the concerned department and one of our colleagues will contact you shortly. Please direct your future correspondence to STE.UKhub@fco.gov.uk.

Appeals Team

Abu Dhabi

scan_me

WHERE ARE YOU ALL???????????

Post by scan_me » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:25 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

You need to contact the IAFT ( formerly AIT ) for an update on this case. Hearing dates and subsequent actions are managed by them so if you have not heard anything they will be able to provide an update. We cannot take any action until we receive the appeal determination which we as yet have not received for this case.

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

What is IAFT mean. I dnt know who to contact now. Guys where are you all Please Help me with this.

I have not received my call letter yet. Hearing date 30th march determination received 29th April 2010.

What is going on?????????????????????????????????????

Thanks

musab_27

Re: WHERE ARE YOU ALL???????????

Post by musab_27 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:52 pm

scan_me wrote:Dear Sir/Madam, .

Regards

UK Visa Section

Correspondence Team

Asalam alaycumou

You need to go on the following website:

http://www.tribunals.gov.uk/ImmigrationAsylum/

there is a contact number on the above website that you need to ring.give them the Appeal ref no, when hearing was heard etc. Explain that the HO have not received the determination, they will then re-issue.

Alternatively email the visa section who sent you the email and ask them if you can fax them the determination.

If you need any further help let me know, I'll do my best insh Allah.

May Allah aid you in the matter.

Asalam alaycum

IAFT was previously the Asylum and Immigration unit. They deal with visa Appeal HEaring and issue the determination. from what I can understand from the email is that the Home Office did not get the determination. Email them back and say you can fax it over, iftheydontaccept thatypu will have to conatct the IAFT and ask them to re-send the determination to HO.

What is IAFT mean. I dnt know who to contact now. Guys where are you all Please Help me with this.

I have not received my call letter yet. Hearing date 30th march determination received 29th April 2010.

What is going on?????????????????????????????????????

Thanks

musab_27

Post by musab_27 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:57 pm

Asalam alaycum

You need to go on the following website:

http://www.tribunals.gov.uk/ImmigrationAsylum/

there is a contact number on the above website that you need to ring.give them the Appeal ref no, when hearing was heard etc. Explain that the HO have not received the determination, they will then re-issue.

Alternatively email the visa section who sent you the email and ask them if you can fax them the determination.

If you need any further help let me know, I'll do my best insh Allah.

May Allah aid you in this matter.

scan_me

Post by scan_me » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:02 am

Thanks Musab.

I sent them email and i will tell my wife to contact them aswell..

ok i will ask them if i can send them the determination.

Mp is sent them a letter aswell..

thanks i will ask for more help.

sunnyboy786
Newly Registered

Post by sunnyboy786 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:24 pm

I have appeal determination letter issued on 11th August, for my parents family visit applicatin (appeal allowed). Few questions.

1. After appeal determination, when an applicant is issued a call letter do both applicants have to go to FEDEX Islamabad office to submit their application in person or anyone else can submit on their behalf. My father is very weak and frail and I was wondering if it is possible for my mother to submit his passport in Islamabad office (assuming the call letter is issued sometime soon).

2. Reading through posts, it appears that BHC, Islamabad is taking about one month to issue a call letter and one month to stamp the visa. Is this time frame correct?

scan_me

Aslam Alaikum

Post by scan_me » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:38 am

hey Slam to all

I dnt know brother how long they take i am waiting for my call letter since

29th april 2010. sent them many emails contacted through MP and

soliciitor via fone they dnt pick fone up for hours still dnt know when i am

gona get my call letter. wish you good luck yes it does happen some

people get call letter in month.

Pray for me brothers and sisters i am going through hard times. Its

Ramadan mite Allah listin any of you pray.

Thanks