ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Must earn 15K more to switch from Tier 2 to 1. Any options?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

onlooker

Must earn 15K more to switch from Tier 2 to 1. Any options?

Post by onlooker » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:18 pm

Hi, everybody! I'm currently on Tier 2 General, but not too happy with my employer. Ideally, I'd like to switch to Tier 1 before April 2011, but for that I'd need to earn 65K - which is 15K more than I do currently.

I do have clients from whom I could earn the "missing" part, but they are either in Russia or USA, and hear I cannot contract while on Tier 2. Is that true for for my case? If so, how difficult it would be to arrange to employment in the UK so this can qualify as supplementary work?

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:19 pm

onlooker wrote:I do have clients from whom I could earn the "missing" part, but they are either in Russia or USA, and hear I cannot contract while on Tier 2. Is that true for for my case?
Yes.
onlooker wrote:If so, how difficult it would be to arrange to employment in the UK so this can qualify as supplementary work?
Unfortunately, this forum and its members cannot advise you how to augment your income. It is up to you how you may do it - based on your skills and experience, but within the confines of conditions of your stay.

regards

*FC*
Member of Standing

Re: Must earn 15K more to switch from Tier 2 to 1. Any opti

Post by *FC* » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:10 pm

onlooker wrote:Hi, everybody! I'm currently on Tier 2 General, but not too happy with my employer. Ideally, I'd like to switch to Tier 1 before April 2011, but for that I'd need to earn 65K - which is 15K more than I do currently.

I do have clients from whom I could earn the "missing" part, but they are either in Russia or USA, and hear I cannot contract while on Tier 2. Is that true for for my case? If so, how difficult it would be to arrange to employment in the UK so this can qualify as supplementary work?

Thanks in advance.
Well, certainly you cannot work for another employer or contract with anyone when you are on a Tier 2.
And as Sush stated before, you need to follow the terms and clearly account for the money you show on your bank statements.

dysar
Newly Registered

Post by dysar » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:41 am

As sushdmehta pointed out, according to this you can work for another employer, providing it meets those requirements listed.

As to the legality of working for a Russian or US company however, I assume you would need the right to work in those respective countries (unless they have registered offices here also?)