ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application after employment gap

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

patni
Newly Registered

ILR Application after employment gap

Post by patni » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:34 pm

Hello,

Was wondering what the opinion of the learned members here was in this case:

I came to UK in June 2005 on a work permit for 5 years. In November 2009, I was granted a HSMP visa. I was continuously employed till March 2010 after which I was made redundant. I have the payslips to support the employment period. I probably will join the work force in a month or two now.

Assuming I join in a month, I will not be able to show 3 months payslips as required immediately due to employment gap. I am in legal status throughout (due to the HSMP visa) . So, do I have to wait for 3 months before applying for ILR, even though I am currently eligible?

eager2learn

Re: ILR Application after employment gap

Post by eager2learn » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:25 pm

I think one has to be atleast "economically active" before applying for ILR, meaning either you have to employed by a company or self-employed at the time of application. Not sure in this case, what documents(and how long for) they will ask ....... I am hoping some other members/mods may answer this thread.

patni
Newly Registered

Post by patni » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:57 pm

Giving a bump hoping for replies