ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sending original passport for Child Benefit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

farazfastian

Sending original passport for Child Benefit

Post by farazfastian » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:53 am

Was going to post child benefit form but got confused after reading one of the post here that CB could take up to 3 months and also that they want to see original passport.

Just want to know how people have done it, I'm thinking to send it via special delivery with an extra pre-paid special delivery envelop in it so that they can send my original passport back. Please confirm.

p.s. i got my ILR a month ago.

Regards
Faraz

poans
Newly Registered

Re: Sending original passport for Child Benefit

Post by poans » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:11 am

farazfastian wrote:Was going to post child benefit form but got confused after reading one of the post here that CB could take up to 3 months and also that they want to see original passport.

Just want to know how people have done it, I'm thinking to send it via special delivery with an extra pre-paid special delivery envelop in it so that they can send my original passport back. Please confirm.

Regards
Faraz
there is no need to send it just go to jobcenter within your area with your passport and photocopy.they will endorse it

troubled

Re: Sending original passport for Child Benefit

Post by troubled » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:30 pm

farazfastian wrote:Was going to post child benefit form but got confused after reading one of the post here that CB could take up to 3 months and also that they want to see original passport.

Regards
Faraz
You do not send your passport when applying for child benefit.You send the child`s original birth certificate and the application form.It takes about two weeks to receive a response