ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

insurance jobs in uk

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

raj2k0
Newly Registered

insurance jobs in uk

Post by raj2k0 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:06 pm

i am a mba & have 4 yrs exp in sales in insurance market in india,i got tier 1 general visa for 3 yrs starting from july 2010-july 2013.i uploaded my cv to all jobsites.not even received a response.could anyone suggest me how to take things further in searching jobs in insurance companies in uk.i am already in uk.if anybody in uk insurance industry,pls help me.i am very particular about sales support jobs,operations,policy issuance process.

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:52 am

I thought the Visa was given two years and not for three years. Am I mistaken? :shock:

Try updating your resume every 2 hours when you are at home. This puts your CV at the top during any searches that match the criteria. Check your resume views in the jobsites that you have uploaded your CV. It might tell a part of the story. I hope you updated the contact details too in the websites.

Good luck

Shepherd

Oriental
Newly Registered

Post by Oriental » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:52 am

I'm from insurance industry and worked in UK in 2008 before returning back. I got job at that time through a recruiter specializing in insurance sector and was sponsored for work permit.

Now I've Tier1 and applying for jobs in UK again, though not much response......

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:59 am

gd_Shepherd wrote:I thought the Visa was given two years and not for three years. Am I mistaken? :shock:

Shepherd
The HSMP used to be for 2 years and then extended. The Tier 1 Skilled Visa has always been for 3 years - one significant difference from the HSMP visa :lol:

KP

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:06 am

The Tier 1 Skilled Visa has always been for 3 years
As I understand now the Visa period is now two years and then extended for 3 years

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#14476278

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:15 am

Nope - looks like they have not updated the site or corrected a BIG error.

Why you may ask?
1. I got mine done last year and a million percent sure of the 3 year validity of the Tier 1. On subsequent application for extension, it will be for 2 years only which then paves the road for ILR
2. Rules haven't changed since I applied and all those applying even now get it for 3 years

Cheers
KP

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:21 am

kenfrapin wrote:2. Rules haven't changed since I applied and all those applying even now get it for 3 years

Cheers
KP
It's been changed, if you see para 46 of guidance notes, it's clear there.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:32 am

gotcha wrote: It's been changed, if you see para 46 of guidance notes, it's clear there.
WOW - my bad, sorry Shepherd. Looks like I was lucky to get it for 3 years. There does not seem to a clear section on UKBA which shows this. The only thing highlighted now is the visa cap but nothing about reducing from 3 to 2 yrs.
Thanks Gotcha! Do you know when this was changed?

KP

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:33 am

Do you know when this was changed?
Starting this April.

Now Initial Application - 2 years
Extension Application - 3 years

Shepherd

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:34 am

kenfrapin wrote:
gotcha wrote: It's been changed, if you see para 46 of guidance notes, it's clear there.
WOW - my bad, sorry Shepherd. Looks like I was lucky to get it for 3 years. There does not seem to a clear section on UKBA which shows this. The only thing highlighted now is the visa cap but nothing about reducing from 3 to 2 yrs.
Thanks Gotcha! Do you know when this was changed?

KP
19th July. There was mention of this , in news stories related to changes, but probably dwarfed in front of other changes.

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:34 pm

kenfrapin wrote:Nope - looks like they have not updated the site or corrected a BIG error.

Why you may ask?
1. I got mine done last year and a million percent sure of the 3 year validity of the Tier 1. On subsequent application for extension, it will be for 2 years only which then paves the road for ILR
2. Rules haven't changed since I applied and all those applying even now get it for 3 years

Cheers
KP
Wrong - Rules changed
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:34 pm

gd_Shepherd wrote:
Do you know when this was changed?
Starting this April.

Now Initial Application - 2 years
Extension Application - 3 years

Shepherd
Right !!! Post 6th Apr i believe...
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

raj2k0
Newly Registered

insurance jobs in uk

Post by raj2k0 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:23 pm

dear all,sorry to reply little bit late...i applied by march and got visa by april 3 2010, but visa start date from july 2010 for 3 yrs.post april 6 2010, tier 1 general visa period s 2 yrs...then has to apply for extension...as per new rules...

i think people deviated from the posted topic...pls guide some consultancies or man power agencies relates to insurance jobs...all people r from technical or some other back ground,they r getting enough support in terms of guidance...but i am looking niche industry like insurance..i was in channel sales(banc assurance)...but i dont want to be in sales related jobs instead of tat i wish to be in underwriting,policy issuance process,operations kind of profiles....should i take any specific courses?if so will it help me to get jobs immediately..since i am a tier 1 general visa holder can i study here partime/fulltime?...if anybody already in uk insurance industry..pls guide me....