ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EE2 application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Elenafj
Newly Registered

EE2 application

Post by Elenafj » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:17 pm

Hello there,

I have a question, you all seem to know so much things regarding those applications. So i thought i should ask
I am EU citizen, i have been married 3 months with my husband, and together for 2 years, who is Saudi. He studied here for his education on student visa, he has a tourist visa now for 2 years. I want to apply for residence card for him to work and live with me.
I just graduated from Uni and i am doing my Masters this years. HE is paying for that, and financially we do not have a problem, also i have been employed for the 4 years, on various position and self-employed.

1 First i am wondering that application is on mine behalf or his? who is suppose to apply i found it confusing.
2 Shall i apply as student, self employed, employed or all the above.
3 Whqat evidence they need, cause apparently they want more than they ask in the form
4 Can he travel to Saudi, as he need to be there once a month?? or they will keep his passport there.
5 Can i give my ID instead of my passport?

Of course i have many more questions and i tried to call them but they are very rude.

Thanks a lot

jackEM

Re: EE2 application

Post by jackEM » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 pm

Elenafj wrote:Hello there,

1 First i am wondering that application is on mine behalf or his? who is suppose to apply i found it confusing.
He would be applicant and your details will go to spouse/partner section.
Elenafj wrote: 2 Shall i apply as student, self employed, employed or all the above.
No need to show all.
I would suggest self-emplyment, bcuz for employment there is a 12 months rule as well for some EEA nationals, and for student you both need to show comprehensive sickness insurance if you only show that... so go with self-employment.
Elenafj wrote: 3 Whqat evidence they need, cause apparently they want more than they ask in the form
ID for both of you
Proof of marriage
Proof that you are excercising treating right-self employment
And any bill or statement on both names just to support you application
Elenafj wrote: 4 Can he travel to Saudi, as he need to be there once a month?? or they will keep his passport there.
Well there is little chance that the applcation will be process in less than a month.
Submit your applcation after he returns from saudi, and when you recieve your COA, ask for your passport back. They will ask you to send it again when they have processed the application.
Elenafj wrote: 5 Can i give my ID instead of my passport?
YES. And you can ask for ID back as well if you want, once you recieve COA.
Elenafj wrote: Of course i have many more questions and i tried to call them but they are very rude.

Thanks a lot
You application is very straingt forward i think. Just ask if you need any info.

Elenafj
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by Elenafj » Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:02 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply

The think with self mployed is that i had my office in the University now i have moved so i am registed as business address home but they need lease property to show.

What is the COA really?

jackEM

Post by jackEM » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:31 pm

Different address on Self-assessment statement is irrelevant..... i guess if you write in other information, that would do
Your other documents can demonstrate that you are living together, e.g council letters are the best example of that.

Otherwise you have option to use use employment anyway..i suppose

And COA is Certificate of Approval or something like this...
You get this letter once you submit your applicaiton...

Elenafj
Newly Registered

Post by Elenafj » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:59 pm

What can he do with that? Can he work or travel with me to EU countries without visa ?
Also as students we don't have council tax letters but we have joint account and all his and mine correspondence on one address.
Do we need photos, letters and proof that we have been together before marriage?

Thanks

jackEM

Post by jackEM » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:38 pm

COA, as the name suggest, is confirmation of your application...
This can be used for employment n stuff...

But not for traveling (Except for uk).... He would need visa even with Residence card, i think :roll:

Joint account is more than enough...
There is no need for photos or anything like that.... Marriage Certificate is enough to demonstrate that...
If they would need more documents, in case, they will ask you.. So no need to send extras...