ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

c4_2007

Post by c4_2007 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:13 pm

c4_2007 wrote:This is the latest response I have had from the UKHUB:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be aware that your wife's application has been decided and your wife will be contacted as soon as possible in relation to the outcome. Currently their is a back log that the VAC are trying to get through. They will contact you soon.

Thank you,
Does anyone reckon that it might be an idea for me to contact the VAC directy as the delay seems to be at their end (according to the email). Any tips for what I should say to them to pick it up of the bottom of the pile?
Tues 04/05/2010 - App submitted Lahore
Wed 05/05/2010 - App forwarded to Islamabad OC.
Mon 17/05/10 - Visa Application is under process at British High Commission
Tue 29/06/19 - HR contacted
Thur 22/07/10- Email to confirm decision Made

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:09 pm

Aoq people

i am looking for some advice, i will be going to pakistan this week and submitting my wifes case. I have prepared my file and i am confident with most of the part except accommodation.

I have include the following:

land registry docs to confirm my parent own the property

accommodation report

letter from parents giving permission for us to stay with them

mortgage statement for 2009 on my parents name

letter from the mortgage company showing my dad pays on time

letter from mortgage company showing current amount of repayment

However i am a bit concerned because someone i know got refused and i actually read their refusal letter myself as well . Their were a few reasons for refusal , One of the reason for their refusal was that they did not show the income for the person whom was providing the free accommodation to them and the Eco said how do we know that the person could afford to provide you free accommodation.

my question is do i have to provide my dads income and bank statement as well? as anyone applied recently done this, or as anyone got visa recently without this , please let me know
?

Other reason for refusal i read on the notice which i found a bit odd was the Eco said her payslip didn't look a few months old and looked like they were printed at the same time.

decision_time
Newly Registered

Post by decision_time » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:29 pm

naina_12345 wrote:hi...can some one tell me..what mean MP who that person....i m confuse...because lot pepoles talj we get invole our MP...who this person ?
This is the local Member of Parliament, you can find out who that is from the Parliament link http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/

decision_time
Newly Registered

Post by decision_time » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:00 pm

Thanks SF and c4. It is a terrible wait but you will get through it.

c4 - From what I've seen is that the VAC doesn't have anything more than a set of template email answers. You can try to call them and see if you can get something out of them directly. I think you will have more luck with getting a timetable of response from the UKHUB if you emailed them a few times.

SF - I wouldn't read too much in any negative responses from your MP. Keep emailing the UKHUB and then after a few days email them again.

I really believe no matter how tiring it becomes by emailing and phoning the UKHUB and the VAC it will keep your case from being forgotten. Whether it will speed things up I can't say but it certainly won't slow it down.

Dua to all those that continue to wait...

zmk2

Post by zmk2 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:19 pm

Salam ALL,

I received a letter from my MP today

"Thank you for contacting my office.

I have been in touch with the UK Border Agency and they have informed me that your wife was issued a Visa and Call Out letter was sent to her to collect her documents.

I am very pleased to be sending you good news"

I am Just more worried now. I just want to see the visa stamped as that will guarantee my wife got the visa. Lets hope the MP didnt get it wrong.
The wait is driving me crazy. May ALLAH give us all patience. May ALLAH make it easy for every1.
When you feel all alone in this world
And there's nobody to count your tears
Just remember, no matter where you are
Allah knows
Allah knows
[Moderator edit]

tellmenow

Post by tellmenow » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:56 pm

mashallah seems like very positive news. whats your time line for application, place of application, employer contact and mp contact.

zmk2 wrote:Salam ALL,

I have been in touch with the UK Border Agency and they have informed me that your wife was issued a Visa and Call Out letter was sent to her to collect her documents.

I am Just more worried now. I just want to see the visa stamped as that will guarantee my wife got the visa. Lets hope the MP didnt get it wrong.
The wait is driving me crazy. May ALLAH give us all patience. May ALLAH make it easy for every1.

tellmenow

Post by tellmenow » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:02 pm

if i wanted to send a gift with my documents to pakistan, what international delivery options do i have?

what companies have people used, whats the price range?

Sammie

Post by Sammie » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:27 pm

tellmenow wrote:if i wanted to send a gift with my documents to pakistan, what international delivery options do i have?

I normally use international signed for service via the post office. It's always got there. U can insure it too I think for small premium. I always put the receipients phone number in the address just incase..
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:04 am

tellmenow wrote:if i wanted to send a gift with my documents to pakistan, what international delivery options do i have?

I used parcel2go, it was around £40 and took 7 days including weekends. They give you a tracking number so you can track the status of your parcel.

confused.com!

Post by confused.com! » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:32 am

i used interparcel and it reached there within a day and they kept it in a islamabad hub for a few days due to a mistake of my sisters - she was the one who signed for it and forgot to write my husbands contact number on the packaging they provided for my parcel so they wernt able to contact him to find out our exact address.

they use couriers such as fed ex, dhl and ups. i think i used dhl. they gave me a tracking number as well and it was quite fast and cheap. think mine cost £27 in total. not bad

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:52 am

zmk2 wrote:Salam ALL,

Salam. MashAllah that sounds promising. dont worry we will all be ok insha Allah...just have sabr and continue dua.

i didnt understand the point about the 'call out letter' was sent to your wife? has one been sent out?

tellmenow

Post by tellmenow » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:19 am

just emailed ukHUB for an update last night, got this reply at 10am this morning
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. All settlement applications are lodged in Pakistan and processed in the UK. I have checked on the status of your application and can confirm that your application has been processed.

The VAC will be contacting you shortly when your paperwork is ready for collection. Please do not contact them direct as this may cause a delay to all applications.

Regards

UK Visa Section
Correspondence Team
what do you think? positive or just another standard response?

applied at mirpur 17/5/2010
have had no employer contact
[/b]

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:28 am

The call letter is sent out by Fedex in Pakistan when they have recieved your doics back from London.

It will ask you to bring your passport, TB certificate and the date that you want to travel to UK, so they can stamp visa. make sure though your TB certificate is valid as some have been refused till they provide valid ones. TB certificate are normally valid for 6 months.

I think the visa will be issued that is why your MP has conveyed this message to you and his glad tidings :lol:

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:34 am

For gifts cheapest option is post office registry.My relatives has always use this and we have never a problem.My cousin send me mobiles(I know this is nonsense) but they reached within week.

Otherwise go for DHL.Good but expensive.I remembered it costs me 43 pounds including home pick up option.

Ali

yoda121

Post by yoda121 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:52 am

For documents, I would always use a courier as it's pretty much 100% reliable.

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:02 pm

yoda121 wrote:For documents, I would always use a courier as it's pretty much 100% reliable.
Ya right but I have never problem with post office registry for years.

It is cheap otherwise I would prefer DHL.

Ali

khalid83
Newly Registered

Post by khalid83 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:38 pm

Salaam to all,

In near future i am going to apply for my wife settlement visa. I have a question. I live with my parents and they are receiving housing benefit. I am registered with them and the council is deducting money from my parents because i live with them and i have an income. In total the council is deducting £45 a week. Now my question is, can i sponsor my wife whilst living with my parents who are on housing benefit?
I would really appreciate if someone can help me.

Thank you,

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:45 pm

khalid83 wrote:Salaam to all,

In near future i am going to apply for my wife settlement visa. I have a question. I live with my parents and they are receiving housing benefit. I am registered with them and the council is deducting money from my parents because i live with them and i have an income. In total the council is deducting £45 a week. Now my question is, can i sponsor my wife whilst living with my parents who are on housing benefit?

Thank you,
Yours parents are receiving benefits has nothing to do with yours application as they are not yours sponsors.Money is deducting from yours parents account so irrelevant to yours situation.

You simply need a letter from yours parents that they welcome yours daughter in law to live there and accommodation is acquate.

You also need evidence that yours parents own that house i.e title deeds and title plan.

Ali

chezza100

Post by chezza100 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi

I wonder if anybody can help my curiosity?

My husband is currently waiting for his call letter to come through and I was just wondering what the wording on a spouse visa is.

Will it say Spouse visa or Settllement visa and will it say my name as his wife?

I've scanned the net and can't find anything.

I know it sounds like I have nothing better to do lol.

Thanks

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:55 pm

Hi
Will it say Spouse visa or Settllement visa and will it say my name as his wife?
1.Spouse visa

ii.Not yours name(if home office has not change anything)

It will contain following information.

Leave to Remain

Name(Last name first and then first khan like Muhammad Ali would be Ali Muhammad. start date and expiry date

Ref like AKSDSFF34543534534534.

No recourse to public funds ect.

Ali

Ali

chezza100

Post by chezza100 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:01 pm

[quote="alikhan28"]Hi

1.Spouse visa

ii.Not yours name(if home office has not change anything)

It will contain following information.

Leave to Remain

Name(Last name first and then first khan like Muhammad Ali would be Ali Muhammad. start date and expiry date

Ref like AKSDSFF34543534534534.

No recourse to public funds ect.

Ali

Thanks Ali :D

HAPPY23
Newly Registered

Post by HAPPY23 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:09 pm

hello people

how long does it take when the passport has been sent to stamping of visa till collection???? any body got any rough timeframes?

ALSO THANKS BATLEYKHAN FOR UR ADVICE, UR A VERY NICE AN HELPFUL GUY, MAY ALLAH REWARD YOU

khalid83
Newly Registered

Post by khalid83 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:25 pm

alikhan28 wrote:

Thank you,
Yours parents are receiving benefits has nothing to do with yours application as they are not yours sponsors.Money is deducting from yours parents account so irrelevant to yours situation.

You simply need a letter from yours parents that they welcome yours daughter in law to live there and accommodation is acquate.

You also need evidence that yours parents own that house i.e title deeds and title plan.

Ali
Thanks Ali,

My parents are renting the property and they are claiming housing benefit. Council is deducting money from them as i am working full time. They don't own the house. Is it gonna create a problem for me or not, that is all i want to know.

thanks

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:16 pm

khalid83 wrote:
alikhan28 wrote:

Thank you,

Ali
Thanks Ali,

My parents are renting the property and they are claiming housing benefit. Council is deducting money from them as i am working full time. They don't own the house. Is it gonna create a problem for me or not, that is all i want to know.

thanks
Are they private tenant or council tenant?

I dont belive you have should have any problems with that.

But you need sufficient evidence o prove that accommodation is acquate.

Ali

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:19 pm

HAPPY23 wrote:hello people

how long does it take when the passport has been sent to stamping of visa till collection???? any body got any rough timeframes?

ALSO THANKS BATLEYKHAN FOR UR ADVICE, UR A VERY NICE AN HELPFUL GUY, MAY ALLAH REWARD YOU
At that time it can takes from 2 to 4 months.Some people are getting quick response while some are taking ages.

It is always hard to guess BHC Islamabad.

Ali