ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mac10
Newly Registered

EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Mac10 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:49 pm

I'm new to this forum and i hope you can help me answer my questions.
i was illegal for about 7years in the uk i move with my wife and 2 children to Ireland and i applied for eu1 which was granted.
i now want to visit the uk with my family for 2wks.
will my past immigration status in the uk work against me for eea family permit. while i was in the uk i was arrested for traffic offence, i got into the uk through an agent and my passport is also issued in the uk. would any of these work against my eea application.
thank

Mac10
Newly Registered

Post by Mac10 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:49 am

Can any please help with my questions.

hughie33
Newly Registered

Post by hughie33 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:30 pm

which EEA are you applying under and which treaty rights are you exercising?

englishman9
Newly Registered

EEA FP

Post by englishman9 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:53 am

Since most EEA FPs are refused now I don't think you will get it in view of your previous illegally.
You will really have to prove that you are only going for 2 weeks with a pre-arranged tour or flights / hotel bookings etc

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: EEA FP

Post by 86ti » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:36 am

englishman9 wrote:Since most EEA FPs are refused now...
Can you back this up?

Mac10
Newly Registered

Post by Mac10 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:20 pm

hughie33 wrote:which EEA are you applying under and which treaty rights are you exercising?
I'm applying for the UK EEA FAMILY PERMIT

englishman9
Newly Registered

Just a lot of people seem

Post by englishman9 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:27 pm

Just a lot of people seem to be getting refused recently judging by this and other websites

I would just turn up at the airport and border.

http://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/08 ... to-travel/

Has anyone tried this?

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Ben » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:35 pm

Mac10 wrote:I'm new to this forum and i hope you can help me answer my questions.
i was illegal for about 7years in the uk i move with my wife and 2 children to Ireland and i applied for eu1 which was granted.
i now want to visit the uk with my family for 2wks.
will my past immigration status in the uk work against me for eea family permit. while i was in the uk i was arrested for traffic offence, i got into the uk through an agent and my passport is also issued in the uk. would any of these work against my eea application.
thank
Your wife is a UK national I assume?

If so, has she been employed / self-employed in Ireland for at least six months?
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Mac10
Newly Registered

uk eea family permit

Post by Mac10 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:51 pm

Yes my wife is uk national and she has been employed here in ireland for over i year.

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: uk eea family permit

Post by Ben » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:55 pm

Mac10 wrote:Yes my wife is uk national and she has been employed here in ireland for over i year.
Then apply for an EEA FP at the British embassy in Dublin, assuming that you will be accompanying or joining your wife in the UK. Your previous immigration history in the UK does not affect your right of entry or residence under the terms of Directive 2004/38/EC.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Mac10
Newly Registered

Post by Mac10 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:19 pm

Thank you

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: EEA FP

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:33 pm

englishman9 wrote:Since most EEA FPs are refused now I don't think you will get it in view of your previous illegally.

You will really have to prove that you are only going for 2 weeks with a pre-arranged tour or flights / hotel bookings etc
Wrong (twice in first sentence). And wrong for last sentence.

It sounds like the original poster is legally resident in Ireland and wants to make a trip back to the UK.

Will you be travelling together with your spouse?

UKBA seems to really not like it if you have lied to them (i.e. have made false statements) or have used multiple identities. If you have done none of this, I suspect you should be fine. Just apply for an EEA family permit.

Remember that if you are staying in the UK for less than 90 days, you are not required to give any information about your finances, bank statements, information about where you work, etc. Your wife may need to show that she is working in Ireland, as that is what qualifies you for EEA treatment