ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earnings - Paydate vs Pay Period

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lindav
Newly Registered

Earnings - Paydate vs Pay Period

Post by lindav » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:41 am

Hi,

I am seeking to apply for the Tier 1 visa next month following receiving a fortnightly salary pay that will allow me to meet the earnings i need to meet the points criteria.

My question is related to the salary payment i receive. Will i be able to apply immediately after this pay date? Considering the pay period specified on the payslip includes the last week and future week. Or do i need to wait until the after the pay period specified on that payslip?

Please advise.

Many thanks
Linda

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: Earnings - Paydate vs Pay Period

Post by prisat » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:44 am

lindav wrote:Hi,

I am seeking to apply for the Tier 1 visa next month following receiving a fortnightly salary pay that will allow me to meet the earnings i need to meet the points criteria.

My question is related to the salary payment i receive. Will i be able to apply immediately after this pay date? Considering the pay period specified on the payslip includes the last week and future week. Or do i need to wait until the after the pay period specified on that payslip?

Please advise.

Many thanks
Linda
How does a company pays you in advance for the work that you would do later ????
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

ChetanOjha

Re: Earnings - Paydate vs Pay Period

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:47 pm

Every company have different payroll run date. For my limited company, I used to run payroll on every 6th of the month and based on which I used to made payment in my personal account(sometime before period end date and sometimes after end date).

I don't think this is an issue as long as corroborative evidences are submitted.

[quote="indianinworld
How does a company pays you in advance for the work that you would do later ????[/quote]

lindav
Newly Registered

Post by lindav » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:32 am

Each pay period covers a week you have worked and one week in advance. Simple - it's a salary.

My question is do I declare my earning
Claim period the date my last payperiod
Specifies or can I just say the paydate?

If I have to use the end of pay period
Would that mean I can't apply until after that date?

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:58 am

I don't think you need to wait untill the last day of the earning period. Unless you are applying uplift ratio where you have to use exchange rate of the last date of your pay period.
lindav wrote:Each pay period covers a week you have worked and one week in advance. Simple - it's a salary.

My question is do I declare my earning
Claim period the date my last payperiod
Specifies or can I just say the paydate?

If I have to use the end of pay period
Would that mean I can't apply until after that date?

lindav
Newly Registered

Post by lindav » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:02 pm

I do need to apply the exchange rate which needs to be based on the last day of claimed earnings date.

Thank you.

To be on the safe side i think I should submit my application on the day or day after the last claim earnings period - which would be the end of pay period... 1 week after my pay day. =( Means a week delay in submitting my application.