ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent advice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amanu
Newly Registered

Urgent advice

Post by amanu » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:27 am

a friend of mine was recently formaly cautioned by the police for outrageing public decencey and he is in a very desperate situvation .
he has to apply for leave to stay for him as well as his family in a few months.He is on a work permit and has no other criminal records

Could any one tell us if the police caution will surfece when the application for leave to stay will be made?

Will my friend and family have to leave UK if so?

thans

tvt

Post by tvt » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:14 pm

What has your friend done?
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

amanu
Newly Registered

urgent advice

Post by amanu » Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:46 pm

[quote="tnavon"]What has your friend done?[/quote]

My friend has been arested for mastrubuting in a park

Thanks for the concern

Chess
Diamond Member

Re: urgent advice

Post by Chess » Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:22 pm

amanu wrote:
tnavon wrote:What has your friend done?
My friend has been arested for mastrubuting in a park

Thanks for the concern

Really sory about this...........but I suspect you are taking us for a ride :mrgreen:
Where there is a will there is a way.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:37 pm

amanu wrote:My friend has been arested for mastrubuting in a park
I must say this comment has really amused me though I appreciate its honesty and recognise the concerns of the person/s involved. It should be a relief for your friend to know that this will not be an issue for the FLR application subject to there being no conviction which it appears there will not be. However the caution will remain on his/ her records and must be declared in a nationality application or for employment where an exemption of disclosure from the Rehabilitation Of Offendors Act does not apply.

amanu
Newly Registered

thanks for advice

Post by amanu » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:54 am

Dear kyalami and all

It has been great relief for me and my friend and thank you very much for your humane approach.could you kindly tell us what are the nationality issues that are not covered by the rehabilitation of ofenders act

chears

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:33 pm

The process of naturalisation as a British Citizen requires the applicant to be of good character - you must declare any cautions and convictions unless they are spent under the Rehabilitation of Offendors Act (ROA). Just because there is a record does not mean your application will fail but of course it depends on the nature of the offence. You would have to review the ROA/ seek advice from a criminal lawyer but I believe offences classed as 'minor' by the Home Secretary including cautions/ fines/ conditional discharges are considered spent after 5 years. Some occupations e.g. social work require any cautions irrespective of when they were issued or the offence committed to always be declared i.e. there is no exemption under ROA.