ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application, dependants, biometrics etc

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

patni
Newly Registered

ILR application, dependants, biometrics etc

Post by patni » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:13 pm

Hello

Am a bit confused about this whole process and would appreciate some guidance:
  • I am eligible for ILR, and have 3 dependents. If I apply in person, is it required that the dependents be with me?

** Added later *** : Apparently dependents are not required
  • IWhat is this biometrics thing? Are they required for an ILR application? If so, are they required for all the dependents?
If I decide to engage the services of a solicitor, will they file the application in person for me using premium processing? My case is relatively straightforward: Arrived in June 2005, continuously employed till April 2010 with documents, gained employment again recently with documents to prove current employment. Current job requires frequent international travel, hence the solicitor query. What are the average solicitor charges for this?

oldno7
Newly Registered

Post by oldno7 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:58 pm

Patni, The biometric is passport related. It's a microchip that has your id details and passport details encoded - to prevent fraud passports.
Assuming that you are applying for a visa the biometric thing is not related as long as your passport that you submit for your ILR application is legitimate.
Biometric might only be relevant when obtaining a new passport.

If you believe that your application is straight forward then it's down to your own confidence/preference.
Some solicitors will only fill out your application form and check all your papers and give any advice to your papers.
Others that provide premium services will arrange an appointment and hand deliver your application, And deal with any follow up's till your application is completed. Either way it costs you money. More money for the premium services (usually £500 or so + VAT).

Your looking at £1024 for the premium application fee and then the solicitor costs as mentioned.

If you have a "casual" look-around the forum it is littered with "Success", "Successful" titled entries from many people. It's a custom for people to detail exactly how their application went ahead.