ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requirements for my spouse for a holiday in Tunisia.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zak_K

Requirements for my spouse for a holiday in Tunisia.

Post by Zak_K » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:59 pm

We're looking for a short holiday in Tunisia, just a few days. I should be fine as a british citizen, but just wanted general direction to applying a visa for my Pakistani wife on a 2 year spouse visa.

Also, is she likely to encounter any problems while abroad with her Pakistani passport?

Zak.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Requirements for my spouse for a holiday in Tunisia.

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:02 pm

Zak_K wrote:We're looking for a short holiday in Tunisia, just a few days. I should be fine as a british citizen, but just wanted general direction to applying a visa for my Pakistani wife on a 2 year spouse visa.

Also, is she likely to encounter any problems while abroad with her Pakistani passport?

Zak.
Depends on whether she as a Pakistani needed a visa before, Tunisian Embassy in UK is your first call....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Zak_K

Re: Requirements for my spouse for a holiday in Tunisia.

Post by Zak_K » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:21 pm

Wanderer wrote:
Zak_K wrote:We're looking for a short holiday in Tunisia, just a few days. I should be fine as a british citizen, but just wanted general direction to applying a visa for my Pakistani wife on a 2 year spouse visa.

OAlso, is she likely to encounter any problems while abroad with her Pakistani passport?

Zak.
Depends on whether she as a Pakistani needed a visa before, Tunisian Embassy in UK is your first call....
I did get in touch with the tunisian embassy, the procedure of obtaining a tourist visa is quite simple however they require my wife to apply in person at their London office.

I wonder if I can get my solicitor to apply on her behalf?

Also, if you have been abroid with your Pakistani spouse can you share your experiences please.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:54 pm

Pakistani citizens do need visa to enter Tunisia as you have found out.

Why do you think being a Pakistani, she would face problems any different than those faced by any other nationality ? getting robbed for example is perhaps the most probable one.

If you are referring to any problems caused by officials for example the immigration officers on the airport, I believe thats very unlikely in Tunisia given the number of foerigners they receive every year for tourism.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€