ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FAMILY PERMIT (Extended Family Member)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

HRY2005
Member of Standing

EEA FAMILY PERMIT (Extended Family Member)

Post by HRY2005 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:15 pm

I am asking for more information on behalf of a friend who got his visa as a Non-EEA family member of an EEA national (Extended). He is a cousin of an EEA national, he is being in the UK for more than 5 years, applied to the HO last year and got his visa last month for 5 years.

The question are :
(A) Must he continue to depend on his EEA cousin, as he intends to get a job and get a place of his own.

(B) what are the implications of not continuing to depend on his EEA cousin after 5 years (when his visa expires)

(C) Is he entitled to permanent residence (PR) after 5 years or must he still apply as a dependant of an EEA national.

Kindly advise on these.

Thanks
Live and let live

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:44 am

Where are all the EEA experts? I need someone's idea please.
Live and let live

anaotchan
Newly Registered

Post by anaotchan » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:50 pm

hello,

I posted my question in another thread, but it seems more relevant here.

I'm a French citizen, trying to get my unmarried partner (American) a permit to stay in the UK. Right now he's here on a student visa, which will expire in January. We can prove the 'stable relationship' thing.

If we apply for an EEA2 permit now, it will take about 6 months to get from what I understand, and my partner won't be able to work in the meantime (his course is actually finished now, so he'd like to be able to work full time).

Someone here suggested we go to the British Embassy in Paris and apply for a family permit, so that my partner can look for work while the EEA2 application is being processed.

My question: can we apply for a family permit (which seems to be defined as an "entry clearance" permit), even though my partner is already legally in the UK?

Thank you!!!