ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Jobs from USA

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tmi
Newly Registered

UK Jobs from USA

Post by tmi » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:01 pm

Hi,

I am working in USA and want to go to UK.
Currently I am on H1B visa in USA and work as snr. Database developer in a reputed Investment bank.

I have around 9 years of strong Investment bank IT experience.
I checked the points and have enough to get Tier 1 visa.

Currently I have a decent job and dont want to quit before going to UK.

Anybody with similar exp? and found jobs from USA and successfully migrated to UK?
I am getting approx 70k GBP equivalent money in USA. Will I get similar or more than this in UK?

My wife is not able to work and got bored, I hope she can work in UK? she has done Masters in English lit. Hows job opprtunities in UK for her?

Regds,
tmi

buzz_dilli

Re: UK Jobs from USA

Post by buzz_dilli » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:51 am

tmi wrote:Hi,

Currently I am on H1B visa in USA and work as snr. Database developer in a reputed Investment bank.

Anybody with similar exp? and found jobs from USA and successfully migrated to UK?
I am getting approx 70k GBP equivalent money in USA. Will I get similar or more than this in UK?

My wife is not able to work and got bored, I hope she can work in UK? she has done Masters in English lit. Hows job opprtunities in UK for her?

Regds,
tmi
You can certainly find jobs in UK from USA provided there is enough demand for your skillsets there. JobServe would be a good point to start. Either way, employers or recruiters will be forthcoming if you already have the work visa stamped. Salary will depend upon a variety of factors but looking at the job postings that fit your profile should provide you a ballpark for your situation.

Your wife should be able to work in UK as a Tier-1 dependant.

Hope it helps.

Good luck!

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:28 am

tmi wrote:Hi,

Regds,
tmi
:roll:
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

rohitktm

Post by rohitktm » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:59 am

Just wondering why you want to move to UK from USA unless you are so keen to pay high taxes. Seriously, If i get good job in USA, I will leave UK. So think properly before making quick decisions.

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:07 pm

rohitktm wrote:Just wondering why you want to move to UK from USA unless you are so keen to pay high taxes. Seriously, If i get good job in USA, I will leave UK. So think properly before making quick decisions.
Havent you heard ??? The grass always looks greener as long as it is there on the other side !!!
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

tmi
Newly Registered

Post by tmi » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:40 pm

My wife is on H4 and cannot work in USA.
If I move to UK she can work & start her career again.

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:38 am

tmi wrote:My wife is on H4 and cannot work in USA.
If I move to UK she can work & start her career again.
In that case, Apply for a applicable VISA - for Green Card or for H1B...
Disclaimer :

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:37 am

tmi wrote: Currently I have a decent job and dont want to quit before going to UK.
You can, but probably you need to travel here for interviews.
tmi wrote: Anybody with similar exp? and found jobs from USA and successfully migrated to UK?
There are few people on this forum , who have done this, search for it.

tmi wrote: I am getting approx 70k GBP equivalent money in USA. Will I get similar or more than this in UK?
I'm not sure, if you will get that kind of salary here. Probably,
no.
tmi wrote: My wife is not able to work and got bored, I hope she can work in UK?
Fair enough.

tmi wrote: she has done Masters in English lit. Hows job opprtunities in UK for her?
Look for jobsites here, with her skills. That should give you some idea.

rohitktm wrote: Just wondering why you want to move to UK from USA unless you are so keen to pay high taxes. Seriously, If i get good job in USA, I will leave UK. So think properly before making quick decisions.
I always wonder, why people discourage potenital immigrants , once they are in this country. Remember, every country has it's positives and negatives. OP has clearly mentioned in his post that, his wife can't work there, and it's easy here.
indianworld wrote: Havent you heard ??? The grass always looks greener as long as it is there on the other side !!!
It is true other way around,too. :)