ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

surname spelt incorrectly on COA

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

katieY
Newly Registered

surname spelt incorrectly on COA

Post by katieY » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:52 am

Hi all,

please i need some advice. i have just recieved my COA with my surname spelt incorrectly, i wrang the ukba, the lady said i should send it back to them with a letter attached stating that my name is spelt incorrectly. i have waited for long to get this. has anyone experienced this?
Any advice is appreciated

noodles

Post by noodles » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:52 am

You needn't worry yourself about that, just mail them to correct this and you should receive a new COA with the correct details. Good luck.

biza
Newly Registered

Post by biza » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:34 pm

noodles wrote:You needn't worry yourself about that, just mail them to correct this and you should receive a new COA with the correct details. Good luck.
Thanks noodles foe your response. Do I have to attch the COA in the mail or just send them a letter?

noodles

Post by noodles » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:51 pm

I would keep a copy of the COA, send them the original by "Recorded Post" and accompany both with a cover letter, this way you can track your mail in case it get's lost in limbo.

coconutsforme

Re: surname spelt incorrectly on COA

Post by coconutsforme » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:00 am

katieY wrote:Hi all,

please i need some advice. i have just recieved my COA with my surname spelt incorrectly, i wrang the ukba, the lady said i should send it back to them with a letter attached stating that my name is spelt incorrectly. i have waited for long to get this. has anyone experienced this?
Any advice is appreciated
these people can't get simple things right!!

I wouldn't be surprised if their eraser at the end of the pencil wears out quicker than the pencil itself...