ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick advise..

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dj25000

Quick advise..

Post by dj25000 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:49 pm

Hi,

Its a great site first of all. A lot of answers to my questions were found here.

I need some more advise please.

I am a non eea family member of eu national in uk. Its been 5 years since we have been married and my wife has been exercising treaty right in the uk.

Now , there has been a great misunderstanding and we longer wish to be married.

1) If we get divorced now will this affect my application towards naturalisation ?

2) I have not applied for EEA4. Do i need to ?

I have been in uk for 8 years now. First 2 year as student , then 3 years work permit, rest of it as a spouce of eu national. I have the family member stamp since last 3 years. BUt we have been married since last 5 years.

3) What will be best way for me toward citizenship ?

Any advise will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Dj25000

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:45 pm

So eight years in UK, three as an EU spouse, that's just enough to get get PR...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

dj25000

Critical questions....

Post by dj25000 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:55 am

hi wanderer,

once i ahve completed 6 years will i need to provide my spouces documents for the naturalisation ?

or, if i have provided all doc and had the pr stamp through EEA4 , that will be enough, as in i dont have to provide any supporting doc from my spouce on the 6th year before naturalisation ?

you know what i'm trying to say, some one told me ILR means you have no restrictions towards BC . But PR means you have restrictions toward BC, as in you will have to proof that you are with your eu spouce until the end of 6 years. is that true ?

if i have the PR stamp for 10 years on my passport by applying for EEA4 and if i get devorced after that , does that invalidate my PR status ?

These are critical questions , i hope someone has answers.

Thanks,
DJ25000

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Critical questions....

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:24 am

dj25000 wrote:hi wanderer,

once i ahve completed 6 years will i need to provide my spouces documents for the naturalisation ?

or, if i have provided all doc and had the pr stamp through EEA4 , that will be enough, as in i dont have to provide any supporting doc from my spouce on the 6th year before naturalisation ?

you know what i'm trying to say, some one told me ILR means you have no restrictions towards BC . But PR means you have restrictions toward BC, as in you will have to proof that you are with your eu spouce until the end of 6 years. is that true ?

if i have the PR stamp for 10 years on my passport by applying for EEA4 and if i get devorced after that , does that invalidate my PR status ?

These are critical questions , i hope someone has answers.

Thanks,
DJ25000
Basically u need proof u were married for three years, one in UK, and that ur spouse was exercising a treaty right during that time, ie passport, P60's, etc to send to HO, which mostly people aren't willing to do...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

dj25000

Hi.

Post by dj25000 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:01 pm

HI There,
Does nayone if we go through devorce now after 5 years..will it affect my citizenship after 6 years..?

regards,
D

dj25000

Re: Critical questions....

Post by dj25000 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:45 pm

dj25000 wrote:
Any advise on this guys please...?