ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adolma999
Newly Registered

Post by adolma999 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:21 pm

I have received a letter from HO asking me to return the passport to enable process of my application. They sent me a yellow paper to use it as a return address and it has got a ref number on it and a date which 8/09/10 anyone knows what that date means?

sanu84

Post by sanu84 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:42 am

adolma999 wrote:I have received a letter from HO asking me to return the passport to enable process of my application. They sent me a yellow paper to use it as a return address and it has got a ref number on it and a date which 8/09/10 anyone knows what that date means?
It's the deadline for your passport to be returned (21 days from the day they sent you the letter).

sanu84

Re: RC

Post by sanu84 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:52 am

worldyus wrote:I finally received my RC yesterday.I took exactly six months.only problem is that they never requested for me to return my passport(which I requested to travel in march 2010).So they just put the RC on a piece of paper.I would really prefer my Resident permit to be inside my passport instead of in a separate paper.Any ideas how i can solve this problem?Anyone?
You can't do anything about it.
It's strange that you have your RC on a piece of paper. Usually the non EEA has the RC affixed on the passport, and the EEA has the Certificate affixed on a piece of paper.

jumpingzombie

Post by jumpingzombie » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:52 pm

worldyus wrote:
I finally received my RC yesterday.I took exactly six months.only problem is that they never requested for me to return my passport(which I requested to travel in march 2010).So they just put the RC on a piece of paper.I would really prefer my Resident permit to be inside my passport instead of in a separate paper.Any ideas how i can solve this problem?Anyone?

You can't do anything about it.
It's strange that you have your RC on a piece of paper. Usually the non EEA has the RC affixed on the passport, and the EEA has the Certificate affixed on a piece of paper.
It's exactly the same case as me.
I applied for my resident card and my EEA national's husband's resident certificate as a joint application on the 17th of February, and I requested my passport back for a travel purpose in March/April.
The UKBA had never asked me to send my passport back to them, but I received my resident card as a paperised document that a visa sticker on it today.

Thay'd never asked me to return my passport nor to send any additional documents.

Mwalimu
Newly Registered

Post by Mwalimu » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:09 am

Freedom of Information details in relation to EE2 application. You might find this useful if you are still waiting for your RC like me.

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/s ... ming-73360

BoldJello
Newly Registered

Post by BoldJello » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:27 pm

Hi there, I just found this forum the other day, but I am a long suffering EEA 2 applicant. I applied on 22/02, and as the 6 month rule was up this week, I called the Liverpool office to be told that my case is in the "finalization department." I know a few members have been told that information, but from what I gather, it appears to be a relatively short wait before the RC is finally sent out. Has anyone been told that information before, and how long was it before the RC was received?
Cheers!

danivale
Newly Registered

Re: travelling when EEA2 application is still under process

Post by danivale » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:09 am

biza wrote:
Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
biza wrote:Sanu thanks for responding to my post. You mentioned that some EEa2 applicats are able to return to UK without the FP, how do they go about it. i have got my coa and wont be travelling with my husband. any advice will be mostly appreciated.
It depends somewhat on your citizenship. If you do not require a visa to travel to the UK, e.g. if you are a citizen of Japan or Canada, then it is pretty straight forward.

If you are travelling with your EU citizen spouse in Europe then there are also options outlined in https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... to-travel/ The problem is that this can be a stressful way to travel and getting past the airline is often the hardest part.
Many Many thanks, I really appreciate your advice. but reading through the link, i dont understand what will be clearly required since i am not travelling with my husband. I am from a country that requires visa to enter the uk. Please any advice will be mostly appreciated.

I came to UK without a visa either. I don't need a visa to visit anywhere in the European Union, but it was long expired.
All I did was get to the airport in London and I gave the border guy all the papers I had (my husband's original ID, a letter from his employer and the marriage certificate with the translation, as we got married in Portugal) I also had printed the law of free movement Art. 5 point 4 http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... 123:EN:PDF
where it says that you can be in UK if your spouse lives here) They gave me a visa in the same airport for 6 month till I get my residence card.

danivale
Newly Registered

Hi!

Post by danivale » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:15 am

I sent all they ask for the EEA2 on 8th July, they recived them on the 9th and last week I got the COA letter. What I'd like to know, is how am I suppose to work???
I went to the Job Center and they said that without my original papers they cannot issue an Insurance Number.
Could anybody tell me what should I do please?
Thanks

kenc

Re: Hi!

Post by kenc » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:52 pm

danivale wrote:I sent all they ask for the EEA2 on 8th July, they recived them on the 9th and last week I got the COA letter. What I'd like to know, is how am I suppose to work???
I went to the Job Center and they said that without my original papers they cannot issue an Insurance Number.
Thanks
We were in exactly the same position. My wife needed all the documents to attend an interview to obtain a NINO. At my request the UKBA returned all the documents and assured me that this would have no effect on our application.

6 months as of yesterday and still no RC.

kenc

Post by kenc » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:39 pm

Just telephoned UKBA.
6 months up yesterday. Was told the RC is in it's final stages and will be issued as a stand-alone document very soon.

Stress level is now lowered slightly. Just waiting to see how long finalisation will take.

Ken

LEo2009

Don't know what to do?

Post by LEo2009 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:28 pm

I got my COA on 24th of February 2010 then married with my wife 21st of April 2010 sent all required documents to HOME OFFICE on by very end of JULY but still have not heard anything from HOME OFFICE not even any confirmation letter. I did try to call Home Office & they said that they had sent my confirmation letter right on the same week when they received my documents but I have not got anything yet. Will anyone plz tell me how long HOME OFFICE will take to decide or when I will get my passport back.

Anxiously waiting for someone to reply.

danivale
Newly Registered

Post by danivale » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:26 pm

kenc wrote:
danivale wrote:I sent all they ask for the EEA2 on 8th July, they recived them on the 9th and last week I got the COA letter. What I'd like to know, is how am I suppose to work???
Thanks
We were in exactly the same position. My wife needed all the documents to attend an interview to obtain a NINO. At my request the UKBA returned all the documents and assured me that this would have no effect on our application.

Hi Ken!

Could your wife get the Insurance Number once you got all her papers back? Or did she have any problems with the Job Center as she still doesn't have a RC?

kenc

Post by kenc » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:13 pm

danivale wrote:
kenc wrote:
Thanks

Hi Ken!

Could your wife get the Insurance Number once you got all her papers back? Or did she have any problems with the Job Center as she still doesn't have a RC?
Hi Danivale

Have sent you a PM
Ken

LEo2009

Post by LEo2009 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:01 pm

I got my COA on 24th of February 2010 then married with my wife 21st of April 2010 sent all required documents to HOME OFFICE on by very end of JULY but still have not heard anything from HOME OFFICE not even any confirmation letter. I did try to call Home Office & they said that they had sent my confirmation letter right on the same week when they received my documents but I have not got anything yet. Will anyone plz tell me how long HOME OFFICE will take to decide or when I will get my passport back.

Anxiously waiting for someone to reply. Guys I really need help.[/b]

turron
Newly Registered

Post by turron » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:57 am

Thanks
Hi,
I could get National Insurance Number after sending my documents to HO.
I brought my passport copy ,the page of my picture and the page of Family Permit(this page is very important to show them).
my family permit was expired at that moment and I didn't receive the COA yet.
a man who had interview asked me when I came to UK etc,,, and he told me it was possible not to be able get NIN, but although I couldn't get it, I wouldn't lose anything to apply it.

good luck

kenc

'Final Stages, Finalisation Department

Post by kenc » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:55 pm

Does anyone here know, having been told that their application is in the final stages or with the finalisation department, whether this means that the application for RC has been approved and is awaiting dispatch?

It seems that it is only recently that applicants are being told this and I am now beginning to suspect that this may be another delaying tactic after being told for 6 months that the application is 'under consideration'.

Any thoughts anyone?

Ken

Gabrielle
Newly Registered

Post by Gabrielle » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:57 pm

Application sent on 20/04/10
HO received on 21/04/10
COA arrived 1/06/10 (dated 21/05/10)
Wrote to H.O to inform them of change of address on 16/06/10
Emailed H.O to make sure they are aware of new address 5/08/10 received reply same day (said they would forward email to correct dept.)
Surprise package received this morning 27/08/10,it contained our passports!! RC was granted on 12/08/10.
4 Months 6 Days - From the day they received my application to the day it was returned to me!
Thanks to everyone for all your help these past months!

LEo2009

Post by LEo2009 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:44 pm

Anxiously waiting for someone to reply. Guys I really need help

maviesk

Post by maviesk » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:50 pm

Congratulations Gabrielle!

Did you receive the RC inside the passport as a sticker? I do NOT want a stand alone document, I can only begin to imagine the hassle it will cause in third countries when trying to fly back to the UK.. Who's going to trust a piece of paper?

makisig
Newly Registered

Post by makisig » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:43 pm

congratulations gabrielle.. :D

~news like these keeps our hopes high.. hopefully people at home office are really working hard now to get those residents cards done in less than 6 months.. god bless to us all!

benbmxer
Mood:
Bolivia

advice on EEA2

Post by benbmxer » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:39 pm

Hello guys,

Just a quick question. I intend to send my EEA2 application form tomorrow but I have the following doubt.
I entered the UK with a family permit in Nov 2009. During its validity I started to work full time and got an National Insurance Number.
Now, my Family Permit is not valid anymore since Apr 30, 2010 and I am still working. Would it be negative for my EEA2 application to send my wage slips and my contract so the HO can see I am living in the same address and flat as my wife (I'll be sending her wage slips and contract too)? Of course she is working full time and exercising her treaty rights. Do you think I can be penalised because I started working without having applied for a RC before the end of my Family Permit validity? I believe I am doing everything within my rights, correct?

Thank you for your answers!!!

BEN

Gabrielle
Newly Registered

Post by Gabrielle » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:15 am

@ maviesk, Thanks. It is a sticker in my Passport. Perhaps you could request that they transfer it into your passport?

@makisig, I am really impressed with them!
I was totally surprised when I opened the package to find my documents and passports enclosed!
My advice would be to send in a very detailed, organised application file so that they can’t send anything back to you (mine weighted in at 2kg)! And always send by Special delivery with a return envelope enclosed.

Does anyone know if I need a visa to travel through the EU now that I have my RC? Or just my RC? (I’m South African, hubby is Portuguese)

Best of luck to everyone! Thank you for all your help x

danivale
Newly Registered

Post by danivale » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:18 pm

Gabrielle wrote:@ maviesk, Thanks. It is a sticker in my Passport. Perhaps you could request that they transfer it into your passport?

@makisig, I am really impressed with them!
I was totally surprised when I opened the package to find my documents and passports enclosed!
My advice would be to send in a very detailed, organised application file so that they can’t send anything back to you (mine weighted in at 2kg)! And always send by Special delivery with a return envelope enclosed.

Does anyone know if I need a visa to travel through the EU now that I have my RC? Or just my RC? (I’m South African, hubby is Portuguese)

Best of luck to everyone! Thank you for all your help x

You don't need anything else, just your RC.
I asked for my papers today to get my Insurance Number and the guy said that because of that the RC is gonna take even longer!!!
Can you imagine? :S
I hope I can have them for xmas as my husband is also Portuguese and we'd like to go there.

craftynick

Post by craftynick » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:01 pm

My husband's COA arrived today. We posted it on 11 August and it arrived on 04 September, taking less than 4 weeks, i was very surprised it arrived so quickly. Here's hoping his RC is as quick (though not getting my hopes up!!)

adolma999
Newly Registered

Post by adolma999 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:08 pm

Finally my RC arrived today, a stamp on my passport valid for 5 years and issued on 24/08/2010 just before the 6 month period ended. Does everybody's resident card says: employment and bussiness activity allowed?