ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain In the UK

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

funny009
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain In the UK

Post by funny009 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:58 pm

Hi there, i was wondering if there is any one who can help/advise.

I am currently on a 2 years marriage visa where as my wife and 2 kids are british nationals. We are in the receipt of Child tax credit, working tax credit and Child benefits. Now i have to send my passport for the Indefinite leave to remain in the country but when i read an application form, it is aksing for the public funds. So i still have couple of months before i make an application so just want to be absolutely sure whether can we claim whatever we are claiming now or not. All the claims i.e. Child tax credit, working tax credit and child benefit applications were made by my wife but where ever the partnes details were required, i provided my information. so please let me know where do i stand? Thanks in advance

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:15 pm

funny009
Newly Registered

Post by funny009 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:35 pm

Hi Thankf for your prompt reply. I am from India and dont know what to do as that country doesn fall in the guidance.

funny009
Newly Registered

Post by funny009 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:57 pm

any more answrs please. thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:19 pm

funny009 wrote:any more answrs please. thanks
The BC can claim these benefits but they must not increase due to the person on the settlement visas presence.

For example if the BC spouse has claimed Tax credits they must inform HRMC they have a partner and also that persons income so the claim is reduced.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....