ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

family member of eeu geting divorce

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ahmedkoky76
Newly Registered

family member of eeu geting divorce

Post by ahmedkoky76 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:41 pm

I’m been married to polish wife since January2009.and I received 5years resident card in march 2010 as family member of eeu .but things goes wrong we are separated and my wife asked for divorce on June 2010 and we still waiting for the divorce to come through. Is my visa invalid now? Can I travel abroad without any problems coming back? Im still waiting for divorce so I think im not sure I still family member of eeu until we get the divorce? im really worried travelling abroad that they might refuse entre special I don’t trust my wife now if she inform the home office about the divorce and I have money in banks .job, money out. Don’t know what do if they refuse entre.can I travel or not?

troubled

Post by troubled » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:01 pm

You will lose your right as family member of eea national as your marriage has not lasted for three years.You cannot retain your right of residence.Your residence card will be invalid and HO can revoke it.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:25 pm

EEA rules, one Eastern European girl and one South Asian man and another very short marriage - hmmm!

I'm saying nowt....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ahmedkoky76
Newly Registered

what to do

Post by ahmedkoky76 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:29 pm

thank you for your advice.do you know if the home office 'll send me anything to say my visa is invaled .do i have to leave the uk now or what do you advice me to do please

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:41 am

Wanderer wrote:EEA rules, one Eastern European girl and one South Asian man and another very short marriage - hmmm!

I'm saying nowt....
You've said it all! :wink:

troubled

Re: what to do

Post by troubled » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 pm

ahmedkoky76 wrote:thank you for your advice.do you know if the home office 'll send me anything to say my visa is invaled .do i have to leave the uk now or what do you advice me to do please
If you divorce you will have to inform HO as there is significant change in your circumstances, this is where they will make a decision.If you do not inform HO you will have problem in future in case you travel abroad and you are stopped at the airport to bring your wife to show you are still together.If I were you I will stay in my marriage and try to work things out.Every marriage has its ups and downs so stick to it unless yours is marriage of covenience which I do not think it is,keep going to resolve your marrige crisis.

bobobo

Re: family member of eeu geting divorce

Post by bobobo » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:38 pm

I agree with troubled, if you are divorced then you have to inform HO and there is no way you can retain your rights of residence based on marriage as you don't qualify. You will have to make your marriage work, if however its too late for that then I am afraid you will need to inform the HO and wait to see what they tell you.

Its very difficult to say if its a sham marriage as things do go wrong when 2 people start living together, but when there is more stress on how to continue living in the UK other than how to save the marriage alarm bells do go off and the marriage is perceived differently. I would worry about saving the marriage rather than asking how can I stay in UK after the divorce
ahmedkoky76 wrote:I’m been married to polish wife since January2009.and I received 5years resident card in march 2010 as family member of eeu .but things goes wrong we are separated and my wife asked for divorce on June 2010 and we still waiting for the divorce to come through. Is my visa invalid now? Can I travel abroad without any problems coming back? Im still waiting for divorce so I think im not sure I still family member of eeu until we get the divorce? im really worried travelling abroad that they might refuse entre special I don’t trust my wife now if she inform the home office about the divorce and I have money in banks .job, money out. Don’t know what do if they refuse entre.can I travel or not?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:45 pm

To be frank (and in my opinion), I do not see how a marriage of 1.5 years already headed for a divorce can be perceived as anything but suspicious. All efforts by one party being made to retain UK residence and apparently little or none towards preserving the r/ship and marriage...

If marriage is contracted for genuine reasons then a divorce will not be taken "lightly".