ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pat grey
Newly Registered

Help

Post by pat grey » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:05 pm

I am a Non EEA national.

I need help very badly, in march 2008 i was returning back to the Uk from Holland via terminal 4 when i was stop by an immigration officer, after some few questions .i was told i have to attend an interview with the immigration office at terminal 2 with my wife.. the reason was that i did not give satisfactory answers to the officer, they spoke to my wife who went mad and gave them some bad answers... I went for the interview and got my passport back and went on to apply for a Permanent residence which was issued last year Sept..yesterday, i call terminal 4 to check with them if i will have to carry any document with me when travelling via the same terminal and if i will be stopped, the senior immigration took my details and said, Yes, i will be stopped..this is because i have been stop before and they will have to do some check., my question is what can i do to avoid this? i have travel onces since i was given the PR but came via Belgium with a train..

I am no longer with my wife..i actually got a divorce before i was given the PR and apply under retention of right,

John

Post by John » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:13 pm

did you have a problem coming back from Belgium by train?
John

pat grey
Newly Registered

help

Post by pat grey » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:51 pm

No John

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:55 pm

You would no doubt have encountered UK Border Officers at Bruxelles-Midi (who have access to same info as UK Border officials in Heathrow, Stanstead, London City...) and if you passed through without hinderance,what exactly is the problem?

coconutsforme

Re: Help

Post by coconutsforme » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:59 pm

pat grey wrote:I am a Non EEA national.

I need help very badly, in march 2008 i was returning back to the Uk from Holland via terminal 4 when i was stop by an immigration officer, after some few questions .i was told i have to attend an interview with the immigration office at terminal 2 with my wife.. the reason was that i did not give satisfactory answers to the officer, they spoke to my wife who went mad and gave them some bad answers... I went for the interview and got my passport back and went on to apply for a Permanent residence which was issued last year Sept..yesterday, i call terminal 4 to check with them if i will have to carry any document with me when travelling via the same terminal and if i will be stopped, the senior immigration took my details and said, Yes, i will be stopped..this is because i have been stop before and they will have to do some check., my question is what can i do to avoid this? i have travel onces since i was given the PR but came via Belgium with a train..

I am no longer with my wife..i actually got a divorce before i was given the PR and apply under retention of right,
Hi pat grey,

It is very hard to predict on what grounds you had been stopped at the port of entry, but since the immigration officers took you further for the interview, this clearly indicates that they 'picked up smth'.

The fact that you have acquired your PR shouldn't restrict you from entering UK, but the above incident in the past, will highlight in their system, and be ready and take your time at the border.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:07 pm

I don't know why are you worried because when I travelled to UK for the first time on an EEA Family Permit, we were also stopped at Heathrow ( can't remember which Terminal was it ).

We were interviewed separately by I think 4 or 5 different officers who kept moving around the separate rooms where my wife and I were asked to sit.

And we actually enjoyed it !

A year later, we travelled again on EEA Family Permit and the officer only asked if my wife is travelling with me. I called my wife in and she just checked her ID. Thats all.

As the other poster suggested, you have got a PR now so there is nothing to worry about. Even if they stop you for questioning, whats the problem ? it doesn't cost you anything so no need to worry.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€