ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

medicines, nail cutter and stationary

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

poor_soul

medicines, nail cutter and stationary

Post by poor_soul » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:17 am

hi,

i will be travelling to UK for the first time in second week of Sep. i have a T1G visa. i was wondering if i could take some medicines along. these would include some general and specific medicines. general medicines will be like ponstan, panadol, calpol, arinac, imodium, chlomfranil etc. Specific medicines will be some of my acne ointments like clinagel, cleriderm, etc. wanted to know if i will be through from the immigration with these medicines?

further, i also plan to take a nail cutter along. as in usual nail cutters there is a small knife in there. will it cause any issues?

is it a good idea to take some stationary items like stapler, pins, puncher etc with me?

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: medicines, nail cutter and stationary

Post by aspirant99 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:24 am

poor_soul wrote:hi,

i will be travelling to UK for the first time in second week of Sep. i have a T1G visa. i was wondering if i could take some medicines along. these would include some general and specific medicines. general medicines will be like ponstan, panadol, calpol, arinac, imodium, chlomfranil etc. Specific medicines will be some of my acne ointments like clinagel, cleriderm, etc. wanted to know if i will be through from the immigration with these medicines?

further, i also plan to take a nail cutter along. as in usual nail cutters there is a small knife in there. will it cause any issues?

is it a good idea to take some stationary items like stapler, pins, puncher etc with me?
Generic medicines in the allowed quantity(please check the UK immigration allowances) & prescribed medicines along with the doctor prescription is allowed. For things like nailcutter & knives please make sure you don't carry it in your hand bag and stuff it in your check-in luggage....good luck!!