ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

28 Days Deadline for New Admission

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mnalam49
Newly Registered

28 Days Deadline for New Admission

Post by mnalam49 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:46 pm

Hello,

I am in a big trouble please help me. I was admitted in Post Gradate Diploma in LCBMIT and they gave me enrolment until March 2011 and I got visa extension under Tier 4 in December 2009 until July 2011. In August 2010 my college suddenly told me that your post graduate is now complete and you have to go for Top up now and need to apply for visa extension. It is very short time because no any university are going to offer me admission with in 28 days. The nearest college offer me enrolment from 1st October 2010. I have problem of two days only. Please guide me what I do in this situation. If I enrol just two days late is it will create problem for me or not.

Thanks

Naveed

aravinthan
Newly Registered

Post by aravinthan » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:44 pm

I do not think you have a problem here. Your current leave expires in 2011. I think you have mis undertood the paragraph 72 of the guidance. Its about the gap between start of the new course and expiry of leave to remain. I dont think you have any problem with this.

mnalam49
Newly Registered

Post by mnalam49 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:40 pm

but main problem is that my college and new college told me that you must enrol with in 28 days according to home office rules. I am completely confused.

accastudent

Post by accastudent » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:52 am

When your course finish, and you have still leave to remain, you can start new course within 4months or leave the country. My postgraduate diploma was finished on 10june, my visa was expiring on 31 july and new course was starting from 23rd august and I got extention. My college also told me about this 28 days but they were wrong. The 28 days rule only applies when u dont complete the course for which the visa granted for, but it seems u have completed ur postgraduate diploma and going for topup. so here u have no problem at all.
M W ALI

aravinthan
Newly Registered

Post by aravinthan » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:11 pm

Colleges have no clue what is happening.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf

Read this. Read paragraph 282. you dont even have to apply for the visa if your last application was before Oct 2009.

Also read Para 290.

Good luck.