ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ppman
Newly Registered

Post by ppman » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:54 pm

liverpool

chiko14june
Newly Registered

Post by chiko14june » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:59 pm

powermatic wrote:I answered the survey - let just hope that all the comments will be taken on board. Thanks Geostar for the link provided.

Chiko14Juneand CoolboyUK - are you still following the forum? If you received anything from BIA please share you news.
I'm sorry just reading your post late. I'm still waiting for the result.
My useless lawyer asked me to wait for another 3 months and then they MAY consider taking further action...

aman5

Post by aman5 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:13 pm

chiko14june, please check your inbox.

hlf2010
Newly Registered

Post by hlf2010 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:37 pm

another new entry to the list
Applied 18/08/2010 still waiting (6 year student + 4 year WP)

powermatic

Post by powermatic » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:27 pm

ppman wrote:Hello Everyone,
I got my passport back today...well happy..
I applied on 12/02/2010 (10 year student)
Really excited... definitely few beers this afternoon..
great news - so they are definitly working on February cases now and Chiko thanks for answering - well, it is shame I must say that you and Coolboy are still in the wait.

Happyday
Newly Registered

Post by Happyday » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:00 pm

Hi guys, I am very happy to tell u guys that I got my passport back yesterday (10yrs). Got a call from my lawyer at 12.02pm. It was as if a noose taken off my neck at a gallow. I felt relieved and celebrated with a £14 domino pizza (2- buy one-get-one free coincidentally on tuesdays at my local) Not bad!

I came across this forum by sheer chance while trying to find out how long the processing actually takes, then I followed it coz I thought we are all in the same boat BUT COULD NOT BRING MYSELF TO JOIN then to constant bickering by members on who and who is not lying, however I must admit that the forum was quite helpful and it was a shoulder I leaned on most especially during the dark and long lonely days.

I sincerely wish you guys good news, and if I may, can I quickly make couple of points b4 i disappear-

1) Recently, a member said he/she contacted his MP and his MP contacted HO on his behalf and he got his papers back shortly after that, was just wondering why an MP would want to contact the HO when there are other thousand applicants that have been waiting for gods knows when- regardless the category. And does that mean coz an MP made contact the HO will allow applicants to jump queue?

2) Wondering why member put up their details on display while still waiting for decision to be made Eg application date, acknowledgement date and so on and they go on and slam the HO on the forum.

3) And lastly on the MP. I believe we all agree on the duties and obligations of MPs most especially to their communities and I sincerely believe that are all doing great job and they all mean well, likewise I believe we are intelligent enough to know whose corner they are on.

PLS NOTE- I SINCERELY HOPE YOU WILL UNDERSTAND AND RESPECT THE FACT THAT I DID NOT DISCLOSE WHEN I MADE THE APPLICATION, WHERE IT WAS GRANTED AND SO ON.
(submitted last year though)

Thanks and good luck

(posted this on new topic by mistake) pardon me for that.

cyber_warez

Post by cyber_warez » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:41 am

Application : SET (M) 10 year long residence
Application sent: 25 jan 2010
Application Received: not yet!

still waitiing...

London5000
Newly Registered

Post by London5000 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:58 am

chiko14june wrote: I'm sorry just reading your post late. I'm still waiting for the result.
My useless lawyer asked me to wait for another 3 months and then they MAY consider taking further action...
Did you have to pay for the legal fee upfront?

If there is one thing I have learned from my application, that would be never pay fees up front, or at least there should be the 'fee on successful application' type of agreement. Searching on the interenet comes up a few of them, which I should have used.

DEVONIAN

Post by DEVONIAN » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:42 pm

Happyday wrote:Hi guys, I am very happy to tell u guys that I got my passport back yesterday (10yrs). Got a call from my lawyer at 12.02pm. It was as if a noose taken off my neck at a gallow. I felt relieved and celebrated with a £14 domino pizza (2- buy one-get-one free coincidentally on tuesdays at my local) Not bad!

I came across this forum by sheer chance while trying to find out how long the processing actually takes, then I followed it coz I thought we are all in the same boat BUT COULD NOT BRING MYSELF TO JOIN then to constant bickering by members on who and who is not lying, however I must admit that the forum was quite helpful and it was a shoulder I leaned on most especially during the dark and long lonely days.

I sincerely wish you guys good news, and if I may, can I quickly make couple of points b4 i disappear-

1) Recently, a member said he/she contacted his MP and his MP contacted HO on his behalf and he got his papers back shortly after that, was just wondering why an MP would want to contact the HO when there are other thousand applicants that have been waiting for gods knows when- regardless the category. And does that mean coz an MP made contact the HO will allow applicants to jump queue?

2) Wondering why member put up their details on display while still waiting for decision to be made Eg application date, acknowledgement date and so on and they go on and slam the HO on the forum.

3) And lastly on the MP. I believe we all agree on the duties and obligations of MPs most especially to their communities and I sincerely believe that are all doing great job and they all mean well, likewise I believe we are intelligent enough to know whose corner they are on.

PLS NOTE- I SINCERELY HOPE YOU WILL UNDERSTAND AND RESPECT THE FACT THAT I DID NOT DISCLOSE WHEN I MADE THE APPLICATION, WHERE IT WAS GRANTED AND SO ON.

Thanks and good luck

:roll: :roll: :roll: :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock:

DA375

Post by DA375 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:41 pm

Happyday wrote:Hi guys, I am very happy to tell u guys that I got my passport back yesterday (10yrs). Got a call from my lawyer at 12.02pm. It was as if a noose taken off my neck at a gallow. I felt relieved and celebrated with a £14 domino pizza (2- buy one-get-one free coincidentally on tuesdays at my local) Not bad!

Thanks and good luck

Are you okay,If I was you I would go to a doctor and get a check up done or take ten Nurofen......

chiko14june
Newly Registered

Post by chiko14june » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:07 am

London5000 wrote:
chiko14june wrote: I'm sorry just reading your post late. I'm still waiting for the result.
Did you have to pay for the legal fee upfront?

If there is one thing I have learned from my application, that would be never pay fees up front, or at least there should be the 'fee on successful application' type of agreement. Searching on the interenet comes up a few of them, which I should have used.
I heard there is 'fee on successful application' type of agreement out there. However, I am not using one of those but paid fees up front already in the beginning. Due to the fact I overstayed in my 10 years stay, I thought it would be better if there is a lawyer handling the application for me. I was wrong as I don't see what they care about my application very much. If I were to apply that myself, I would have done a lot to chase the UKBA.

I am going to chase them without through my lawyer. I would suggest everyone applying not to use a lawyer if possible. That is only a waste of money.

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:50 am

HappyDay wrote:
Hi guys, I am very happy to tell u guys that I got my passport back yesterday (10yrs). Got a call from my lawyer at 12.02pm. It was as if a noose taken off my neck at a gallow. I felt relieved and celebrated with a £14 domino pizza (2- buy one-get-one free coincidentally on tuesdays at my local) Not bad!

Thanks and good luck

Instead of a 'shoot and scoot' policy which this userid may have originally intended, what comes across, instead, after reading this userid's post is an incoherent rambling of a rather disoriented person. Enough said....

faismala
Newly Registered

Post by faismala » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:15 pm

I just got a letter from the ukba sheffield after 4 months requesting my wife to vary her application to flr(M)because i applied for her on flr(O) both of our visa expired on the same date APR 2010 so i applied my ilr on set(O )in march 2010 (COMPLETING TEN YEARS) and my wife visa on flr(O) apr 2010,does it tell any thing that my application has being looked at.........but what could the decision be ? GUYS PLZ ENLIGHTEN !

niceperson2233
Newly Registered

Post by niceperson2233 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:19 pm

I received my passport with ilr stamp , applied in february and received last week on basis of long residence.

I need to apply for my wife now using FLR (M) form, she is tier 1 dependant as i was on PSW and i am working now
I need to change her status now as i have got ILR, so what documents are needed for FLR (M).

Thanks

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:23 am

Dear Fellow ILR waiters , I received my Passport with ILR stamped on the 4th . Sorry to get back to you guys this late as I had a problem with dodgy WiFi connection.

Also, would like to point out that our incompetent postman just threw the envelope through the door letter box without pressing the buzzer or even knock on the door. It was a 2nd class recorded delivery to be signed for. [Should I complain????] .
I wonder how he would get away with it if it had been lost or misplaced. ????????

Anyways, the summary:

Applied on: 22nd Jan 2010
ILR stamped: 25th Aug 2010
ILR received: 4th Sep 2010
Total waiting: almost 32 weeks

Good luck to all of you.

ILR-2010

Post by ILR-2010 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:27 pm

Congratulations Coolboy,
God bless us all!!!

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:38 pm

congrats coolboyuk, took a hell of a long time for you! enjoy ur freedom from the prison we have been virtually locked in! :o

faismala
Newly Registered

Post by faismala » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:09 pm

coolboyuk wrote:Dear Fellow ILR waiters , I received my Passport with ILR stamped on the 4th . Sorry to get back to you guys this late as I had a problem with dodgy WiFi connection.

Also, would like to point out that our incompetent postman just threw the envelope through the door letter box without pressing the buzzer or even knock on the door. It was a 2nd class recorded delivery to be signed for. [Should I complain????] .
I wonder how he would get away with it if it had been lost or misplaced. ????????

Anyways, the summary:

Applied on: 22nd Jan 2010
ILR stamped: 25th Aug 2010
ILR received: 4th Sep 2010

Total waiting: almost 32 weeks

Good luck to all of you.
CONGRATZ!!!! Which office stamped the visa??

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:03 pm

Thanks to you all.

It was stamped in Liverpool faismala.

powermatic

Post by powermatic » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:44 pm

very pleased for you Coolboy - now, this is a perfect indication that March applications( including myself) will be looked at very soon, as January is almost done with and quite few February applications were processed too. Congatulations!!!

powermatic

Post by powermatic » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:54 pm

RECEIVED APPLICATIONS (2010 Applicants):
london101 applied 8/01/10 received 15/04/10 WAITED FOR 13.6 weeks [7 year student + 3 years Work permit/Tier 1]
Sa applied 04/02/10 received 06/05/10 WAITED FOR 13 weeks [10 year Work permit + HSMP]
Osteophytes applied 27/04/10 recieved 08/06/10 WAITED FOR 6 weeks [7yr PFT + 2 yr WP + 1yr Tier 1
pv applied 20/01/10 received 28/06/10 WAITED FOR 23 weeks[4 year dependant/4 year student/2 year dependant]
durian applied 29/05/10 received 03/07/10 WAITED FOR 5 weeks [4 years student + 6 years various]
Hrushiuk applied 01/06/2010 received 05/07/10 WAITED FOR 4.9 weeks [6 year student/4 year WP]
Beige applied 11/01/2010 received 22/07/2010 WAITED FOR 27.5 weeks [10 Year Student]
Zena applied 08/02/2010 received 24/08/10 WAITED27 weeks
Cloudstar
applied 18/12/2009 received 27/08/10 WAITED FOR 36weeks [10 year student]
ppman applied 12/02/2010 RECEIVED 31/08/10 WAITED 27weeks
coolboyuk applied 22/01/10 RECEIVED 04/09/10 WAITED 32weeks
aman5[/u] applied 25/02/10 RECEIVED 11/09/10 WAITED 27.4 weeks

STILL PENDING: under 10 years lawful SET(O)category

January 2010
chiko14june applied 20/01/2010 and is still waiting: now 29.5weeks
cyber_warez Application sent: 25 jan 2010 , still wating

Febuary 2010
danny58 applied 02/02/10 and is still waiting: now 28 weeks [10 year student]
yeezhexiang applied 08/02/10 and is still waiting: now 27 weeks
graham834[/u] applied 09/02/10 and is still waiting: now 26.6 weeks
ILR-2010
applied 09/02/10 and is still waiting: now 26.6 weeks [10 Year Student]
Banda applied 09/02/2010 as is still waiting: now 26.6 [10 years student]
DA375[/u] applied 18/02/10 and is still waiting: now 25.4 weeks

March 2010
Geostar2010 applied 09/03/10 and is still waiting: now 26 weeks [10 year student]
Powermatic applied 09/03/10 and is still waiting: now 26 weeks [10 year student / student dependent]
Optimist_eternal applied 10/03/10 and is still waiting: now 26 weeks[10 year student]
mala applied 29/03/2010 and is still waiting: now 23 weeks [10 year student]

April 2010
zeddie applied 05/04/10 and is still waiting: now 19 weeks [7 year STUDENT/ 3 year WP/Tier 1]
Devonian applied 22/04/10 and is still waiting: now 16.5 weeks

May 2010
Superstar applied 10/05/10 and is still waiting: now 14 weeks [10 year STUDENT]
sam_lam15 applied 11/05/10 and is still waiting now: 14 weeks

June 2010
Bilalsco applied 15/06/2010 and is still waiting: now 9 weeks [8 year student/2 year PSW]
Waqar001 applied 15/06/2010 and is still waiting: now 9 weeks [student + 2PSW]
Syed Ali applied 24/06/10 and is still waiting: now 7.5 weeks

August 2010
readingMI applied 09/08/10 and is still waiting: now 3 weeks
hlf2010 Applied 18/08/2010 still waiting: now 3weeks (6 year student + 4 year WP)
Last edited by powermatic on Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

faismala
Newly Registered

Post by faismala » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:57 am

I just got a letter from the ukba sheffield after 4 months requesting my wife to vary her application to flr(M)because i applied for her on flr(O) both of our visa expired on the same date APR 2010 so i applied my ilr on set(O )in march 2010 (COMPLETING TEN YEARS) and my wife visa on flr(O) apr 2010,does it tell any thing that my application has being looked at.........but what could the decision be ? GUYS PLZ ENLIGHTEN !

People plz tell me do i have to pay the fee again to vary application for my wife from flr(o) to flr(m)(considering case worker has sent me his adress label for sheffield with an flr(m) form.

coolboyuk
- thin ice -

Post by coolboyuk » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:55 am

thanks powermatic mate.

and , since the case worker sent you the label , you just need to send the flr m back . however i am not entirely sure, especially the fees. why don't you give them a call to clarify this faismala.

DA375

Post by DA375 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:56 am

Congrats coolboyuk :D

aman5

Post by aman5 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:48 am

Congratulations coolboyuk.