ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR < 4 years

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

raikal

ILR < 4 years

Post by raikal » Fri May 14, 2004 10:31 am

Hi,

Has anyone got ILR on WP before completing 4 years ? ( outside the rules )
A friend of mine got it after 3.6 years . I could not believe him !!

I actually completed 4.5 years in UK , first year as dependant and next 3.5 years on WP. does solicitors help getting this quickly. or wast of money ?

Regards

tvt

Post by tvt » Fri May 14, 2004 12:56 pm

Yes, I know people who got their ILR after one day in the UK (a solicitor was involved though).
-----------------------------------
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

Gmmi

Post by Gmmi » Tue May 18, 2004 12:39 pm

How that would be possible? How rules can be different if someone applys through a solicitor?

Any comments please? :roll:

tvt

Post by tvt » Tue May 18, 2004 12:48 pm

This was a very exceptional case dealt directly by the minister for immigration.
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Tue May 18, 2004 12:55 pm

There are also some people who managed to get ILR and British Citizenship in one day :o

There is a South African woman who became British in a very short time - and represented Britain in the Olympics - well before I was born 8)
Where there is a will there is a way.

tvt

Post by tvt » Tue May 18, 2004 1:10 pm

To get that kind of treatment you need to be at Einstein's or Pele's level.
<<<N. N. - G. N.>>>

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue May 18, 2004 1:29 pm

Chess wrote:
There is a South African woman who became British in a very short time - and represented Britain in the Olympics - well before I was born
You spring chicken given this happened in 1984 :lol: - see link below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... &highlight

tt

Post by tt » Tue May 18, 2004 3:31 pm

Up to 1990, you could get a grandparents visa entry clearance and enter the country (even if for the first time) with immediate ILR. No solicitors, no nothing. Now, of course, you have to do the 4 years and then apply...

GwaiLo
Newly Registered

Post by GwaiLo » Sun May 23, 2004 9:56 am

All rather an embarrasment for us Brits considering what happened when the said lady did represent us in the olympics ;-)

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Sun May 23, 2004 10:57 am

GwaiLo wrote:All rather an embarrasment for us Brits considering what happened when the said lady did represent us in the olympics ;-)

The Olympics are back on this summer in Athens - my worry is that seeing that the cosntruction of all the venues is being rushed through and done alst minute ...I hope we dont see buildings collapsing :x
Where there is a will there is a way.

kermit
Newly Registered

Post by kermit » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:46 am

Chess wrote:There are also some people who managed to get ILR and British Citizenship in one day :o

There is a South African woman who became British in a very short time - and represented Britain in the Olympics - well before I was born 8)
well she had British ancestry (grandfather) so according to the laws at the time that was correct :)