ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Different name in salary slips and bank statement - PLS HELP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

prakash_ec21
Newly Registered

Different name in salary slips and bank statement - PLS HELP

Post by prakash_ec21 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:23 am

Hi,

First of all sorry for the long query.

I've different names in salary slips and bank statements. My full legal name as per the passport is PATEL KARTIKKUMAR HIRENBHAI. The same name appears in my bank statements.
PATEL - Surname
KARTIKKUMAR - Firstname
HIRENBHAI - Father's name

But the problem is that name on my payslip is KARTIK PATEL. Hence the name in two documents doesn't exactly match and I fear that I can't provide salary slips as proof of my earning.

The employer has agreed to issue me salary certificate with name PATEL KARTIKKUMAR HIRENBHAI, but it would only state my current package and not the Gross and Net amount for last 12 months duration, which is the required format.

The employer has refused to re-issue the salary slips with name PATEL KARTIKKUMAR HIRENBHAI. I'm in a soup now :roll:

The question is:
Will HO accept the salary slip with different name(since the firstname and surname matches to an extent)?
If not what are the options I have?
1> Get an affidavit that the person with both names is same. But I don't what's the procedure and how long will it take.
2> Ask the employer to issue me a certificate listed in point 1, and attach payslip with name KARTIK PATEL along with this certificate. Need to check whether the employer is ready to issue such a certificate.
3> There's a field in vaf9 form with "Other names (including any other names you are known by and/or any other names that you have been known by". Probably I can provide name KARTIK PATEL here, but will I need an affidavit for this as stated in point 1?
4> Any other suggestion?

Kindly let me know what you think. I appreciate your help.

Thanks in anticipation.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:13 am

Its easier to change the name in your bank account, so statements you provide will reflect the same name as you have on payslips or Letter from employer

prakash_ec21
Newly Registered

Post by prakash_ec21 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:14 am

Thanks for the response.

The name in the bank statements is the one that is my legal name and also used in the passport and all the other certificates. So I would avoid changing the name in the bank.

I will have to either get affidavit or get the salary certificate from the employer with full legal name.
I googled and it seems that there's no law to have affidavit for one person with multiple names. There's affidavit for name change which is tedious and I don't want to go for name change. I need to investigate more on to this. Ppl pls provide me details if u have any idea abt the affidavit.

Any idea if such kind of affidavit from the employer would be valid? That is if employer says that "PATEL KARTIKKUMAR HIRENBHA is employed with ..... and that his payslips are issue with name KARTIK PATEL"

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:24 pm

prakash_ec21 wrote:Thanks for the response.

The name in the bank statements is the one that is my legal name and also used in the passport and all the other certificates. So I would avoid changing the name in the bank.

I will have to either get affidavit or get the salary certificate from the employer with full legal name.
I googled and it seems that there's no law to have affidavit for one person with multiple names. There's affidavit for name change which is tedious and I don't want to go for name change. I need to investigate more on to this. Ppl pls provide me details if u have any idea abt the affidavit.

Any idea if such kind of affidavit from the employer would be valid? That is if employer says that "PATEL KARTIKKUMAR HIRENBHA is employed with ..... and that his payslips are issue with name KARTIK PATEL"
Get the company data base updated.
Give your passport /bank account details as proof. get started fresh again
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

prakash_ec21
Newly Registered

Post by prakash_ec21 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:07 am

Thanks for the reply.

The HR finally agreed to provide me a certificate stating that "PATEL KARTIKKUMAR HIRENBHAI is employed with ..... and that his payslips are issue with display name KARTIK PATEL".
I will attach this certificate with the stamped and signed payslips with name KARTIK PATEL. I've also applied to get my name changed to PATEL KARTIKKUMAR HIRENBHAI in the company database.

I will be applying for the visa next week...keeping my fingers crossed.

wenkat.pokkunuru
Newly Registered

Post by wenkat.pokkunuru » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:43 pm

HI Prakash,
Am in a similar situation. Can you please update the status of your application??
Did the employer's letter indicating that both names are one and the same help????

Please update..

Thanks in advance

prakash_ec21
Newly Registered

Post by prakash_ec21 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:04 am

Hi Wenkat,

I've applied for the visa today with the letter from the company. I will keep u updated abt my results.

Regards,
Prakash

wenkat.pokkunuru
Newly Registered

Post by wenkat.pokkunuru » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:08 am

Sure Prakash !!
Thanks a ton...

prakash_ec21
Newly Registered

Post by prakash_ec21 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:30 am

Got the visa today :)

blacklabel69
United Kingdom

Post by blacklabel69 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:39 am

Congrats mate !

prakash_ec21
Newly Registered

Post by prakash_ec21 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:06 am

Thank You.
-P

sajinsanand

Post by sajinsanand » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:42 am

Hi,

I am also in a similar situation. In the past 12 months I have worked in 3 companies. My full name in the passport is SAJIN SUGUNAN ANAND, however in all the pay slips of the three companies my name is displayed as SAJIN ANAND.

Do I need to get the letter for all the employers to prove my full name ?

Also In all my academic certificates, the name is Displayed as SAJIN S ANAND. Do I need to provide any additional document as supporting for the name difference in my Academic certificates and passport?

Please help.

Regards,
Sajin

prakash_ec21
Newly Registered

Post by prakash_ec21 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:59 pm

sajinsanand wrote:Hi,

I am also in a similar situation. In the past 12 months I have worked in 3 companies. My full name in the passport is SAJIN SUGUNAN ANAND, however in all the pay slips of the three companies my name is displayed as SAJIN ANAND.

I thinks you should get letter from the most recent employer stating that "SAJIN SUGUNAN ANAND is an employee of X company and his payslips have been issued with name SAJIN ANAND".
Also In all my academic certificates, the name is Displayed as SAJIN S ANAND. Do I need to provide any additional document as supporting for the name difference in my Academic certificates and passport?
Your case is more complicated than mine. I have same names in passport and all other certificates except payslips. What I've read in many posts is that you should either get a letter from the university(similar to the one from company) or get an affidavit. You may search this forum for such related posts.

Any comments experts?

sajinsanand

Post by sajinsanand » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:56 am

prakash_ec21 wrote:
sajinsanand wrote:Hi,

I thinks you should get letter from the most recent employer stating that "SAJIN SUGUNAN ANAND is an employee of X company and his payslips have been issued with name SAJIN ANAND".
Your case is more complicated than mine. I have same names in passport and all other certificates except payslips. What I've read in many posts is that you should either get a letter from the university(similar to the one from company) or get an affidavit. You may search this forum for such related posts.

Any comments experts?

Hi,

In the past 12 months I have worked in 3 companies. My full name in the passport is SAJIN SUGUNAN ANAND, however in all the pay slips of the three companies my name is displayed as SAJIN ANAND.

1, Is it mandatory to have an Affidavit for the name change in the Academic certificates and Passport?

2, If I am going for an Affidavit, Do I need to publish it in the news paper ?

The name in the pay slips is SAJIN ANAND and the Bank is SAJIN.S.ANAND. The HR of the previous employer is not willing to give me a letter confirming my full name.

3, Is it mandatory to have a letter form the company, as the Name is different in Pay slip and passport [SAJIN SUGUNAN ANAND]?

4, As the HR is not willing to issue me a letter, is there any other document that I can submit as proof?

I think most of the people in India might be having their name with initials in their Academic certificates and the Name in the Passport will have the expansion of the initials.

The name in my bank account is SAJIN S ANAND [Name in passport is SAJIN SUGUNAN ANAND].

Name in the Academic certificate and bank account is same [SAJIN S ANAND]

I checked with the customer care of BANK, they said the name in the bank can be changed if I can provide the copy of the passport.

5, Is it advisable to change the name in the Bank as in passport at this time ? .

I am planning to apply on 12th of November 2010.

Experts please help.

Regards,
Sajin

sajinsanand

Post by sajinsanand » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:30 pm

Experts please help.

Regards,
Sajin

alejandrouk

Post by alejandrouk » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:36 pm

Hi,

Just to share my experience: I have made more than 4 applications for Visa at the British Embassy in different occasions, (always obtaining the visa applied for) my full name is made of 4 parts, a first name, a middle name and two surnames (which is common for people from Spain or its ex-Colonies), in all my documents (except for my passport which has the four names) the letters or bills that I use for my applications are addressed to me either using my middle or first name and one of my two surnames.

So far I have never been ask to explain this during my applications, and never even though about this being a problem.

I might have been lucky in four different occasions. It might also be important to mention that all these documents have the same home address.

I hope this helps.

sajinsanand

Post by sajinsanand » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:04 pm

Thank You. :)