ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone waiting on EEA4 more than me?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

How long did your EEA4 application take (or is taking) to be completed?

less than 6 months
33%
6 months
17%
between 6 months and 13 months
31%
more than 13 months
19%

Total votes: 48

coconutsforme

Post by coconutsforme » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:20 pm

called today to HO around 10 am, was put on hold, went out for a fag, came back still on hold, eventually a nice lady picked up, i asked her how she was today, she even said that she was looking forward to a long weekend!! As to my application she confirmed that it hasn't been looked yet (((
should have had a fag afterwards...

anwarj
Newly Registered

Finally

Post by anwarj » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:25 am

Hallelujah, EEA4 PR certificate arrived this morning with passports. Time to schedule some vacation (finally!!)

So, the summary of how it all happened
Posted EEA4 application on 20/02/2010
Recorded delivery registered on 22/02/2010
Recieved COA on 15/03/2010
Recieved successful PR Certificates and passports on Aug 31, 2010
Informed Immigration Board forum on Aug 31, 2010 (about 5 mins later) ;)

Total elapsed time - just over 6 months (6 months + 1 week about)

(I havent actually seen the documentation yet, but was told by my spouse that it had arrived in a big package with all my returned documentation, incidentally the actual certificate is apparently dated August 9th, 2010 and the expiry is 10 years out)

Thanks for all the support from this board over the last few months. Its a great source of informationand support, so thank you all and hoping the best for your applications and hopefully you will all hear soon.

Also, thank you to UKBA for processing it in a "speedy" 6 months (Just in case there are any UKBA/HO lurkers on here)

coconutsforme

Re: Finally

Post by coconutsforme » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:36 am

anwarj wrote:Hallelujah, EEA4 PR certificate arrived this morning with passports. Time to schedule some vacation (finally!!)

(I havent actually seen the documentation yet, but was told by my spouse that it had arrived in a big package with all my returned documentation, incidentally the actual certificate is apparently dated August 9th, 2010 and the expiry is 10 years out)

Thanks for all the support from this board over the last few months. Its a great source of informationand support, so thank you all and hoping the best for your applications and hopefully you will all hear soon.

Also, thank you to UKBA for processing it in a "speedy" 6 months (Just in case there are any UKBA/HO lurkers on here)
Well done Anwarj!!! Congratulations!!!

enjoy every minute of your long-waited holiday))

lina katen
Newly Registered

Post by lina katen » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:44 am

anwarj wrote:Hallelujah, EEA4 PR certificate arrived this morning with passports. Time to schedule some vacation (finally!!)

Congratulation Anjwar. It has been a long time waiting, well deserved. Thank you for posting updates gives hope to everyone on the forum. Enjoy your vacation.

yusfaith

Post by yusfaith » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:45 pm

Congratulations Anwaj, you are free from this people now. Did you call HO to make enquiries at anytime during that 6 months at all?

kellyman
Newly Registered

Post by kellyman » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:25 pm

hi fellow memebers,
could any one please explain to me what the UKBA means when they say your application is in the final stage?

i applied for EEA4 exactly 4 months ago.
Called when it was 3 months to enquire about the progress but was told my application was with the case work team.

called again yesterday and got the response that it is in the final stage. i humbly want memebers of this forum who has been told by the UKBA that their application is in the final stage to explain to me exactly what this means

Does that mean it is with a case worker awaiting final decision?
Or does it mean the decision has already been taken? am very confused about it

and how long does it take to finalise everything st this stage?

please any suggestion from members who has experienced this will be very much appreciated

anwarj
Newly Registered

Post by anwarj » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:57 pm

@Yusfaith - thanks

Yes, I called the HO quite often once 5 months had passed, I dont think it made any difference really to getting my application processed faster. They work at their own speed

@Kellyman - I was calling pretty every other day in the last month and from the time that they told me it was in its final stages to receiving my certificate was about 2 weeks (just under)

yusfaith

Post by yusfaith » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:20 pm

Thanks Anwarj, I also called HO yesterday and was told a decision has been made and all my document has been sent back to me by 2nd class recorded delivery. I was given the tracking number but seems the royal mail is using their own power too in delaying the delivery.

It was sent out on tuesday and have not received it yet. The HO guy refused to tell me what the decision is and I ma very worry now. Hope it will be a good news IJN

anwarj wrote:@Yusfaith - thanks

Yes, I called the HO quite often once 5 months had passed, I dont think it made any difference really to getting my application processed faster. They work at their own speed

@Kellyman - I was calling pretty every other day in the last month and from the time that they told me it was in its final stages to receiving my certificate was about 2 weeks (just under)

kellyman
Newly Registered

Post by kellyman » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:31 pm

Thanks very much anwarj for your quick response and information. fingers crossed, i hope i get as lucky as you

marcbreathnach
Newly Registered

Post by marcbreathnach » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:14 pm

Did you send your passport in? How have you been travelling all this time if you did submit your passport?

yusfaith

Post by yusfaith » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:17 pm

It was like a dream come through today, I finally got my PR today. 5months 3 weeks exactly. I give all the glory to almighty God and wish the forum the very best.

yusfaith wrote:Thanks Anwarj, I also called HO yesterday and was told a decision has been made and all my document has been sent back to me by 2nd class recorded delivery. I was given the tracking number but seems the royal mail is using their own power too in delaying the delivery.

It was sent out on tuesday and have not received it yet. The HO guy refused to tell me what the decision is and I ma very worry now. Hope it will be a good news IJN

anwarj
Newly Registered

Post by anwarj » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:35 pm

congratulations @yusfaith,

Its a nice feeling isn't it.

Now just waiting for you @Lina

walesky28
Newly Registered

Received My PR Today

Post by walesky28 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:44 pm

Thanks all for all your input and support. I finally received my PR today.
Timelines are as follows:
3rd February- Submitted Application
4th February- Received Receipt of Application By HO From Royal Mail Website
3rd March- Received COA
6th September- Received PR. My Actual PR was dated the 10th August but i have not received my endorsed passport and returned documents till today.
In all, 7 Months and 3 Days.
I only started chasing in the way of phone calls after the 6 month mark.
It seems that the holidays in August seemed to delay dispatching all the documents a bit, according to the person over the phone when i last called the Liverpool contact number.
Average times now seem to be between 6 months to 7.5 months.

So excited. I'm just booking holidays right now!!!

Good luck everybody and linakaten and londongirl, my thoughts are with you.

It pretty much seems if it it in the 'finalized stage' and they don't request any more documents from you- by way of phone call, the application seems fine. Well, so was my case and in the case of many others i have observed so far.

Good luck All!!!

lina katen
Newly Registered

Post by lina katen » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:03 pm

Hi

I feel left out. Eveyone in the forum got thier PR except me. I hope i get it this week. fingers crossed.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Anjwar and Walesky

Walesky how long was your application in the final stages?

humanist
Newly Registered

Post by humanist » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:08 am

Completed 5 years as a husband of an EEA national in Oct 2009
Applied EEA4 in March
Got COA after 2 weeks.
Got PR last week, dated early August

I feel very relieved and relaxed :-)

walesky28
Newly Registered

Post by walesky28 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:09 am

Lina Katen,

My application was in the final stages for 5 weeks till i received my passport.

I think once a caseworker has been assigned and the PR is approved, even though it has not been completed or endorsed on the passport (takes another week or so), you get advised that the application is in it's final stages (or with the finalisation department).

What the finalisation department then do is put the sticker on the passport, collate the accompanying letter (signed) that goes with the PR, as well as your original supporting documents. This stage could take another 3 weeks.

Finally, your passport and documents are dispatched to you (by second class post). This stage could take another weeks or so.

So in all, it could take up to 5 weeks between when first advised your application is with the finalisation department to you getting all your documents.

I suspect the timelines for these are long nowadays because they are understaffed in August and there is a backlog of applications coming through.

Normally because of the improved home office timelines, it shouldn't take this long. But because of the time of the year, it is.

So i reckon up to five weeks at worst. It is only after this, you should seriously escallate and ask them what's happening.

I strongly dbelieve you will receive yours within the next week.
Good Luck.

kellyman
Newly Registered

Post by kellyman » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:14 pm

I also received my PR today. i am so happy.
here is my timeline: apllied for EEA4 and received by UKBA on 4th of may 2010. COA received on 1st of july 2010.
called last week and was told my application was in final stages.

7th sept 2010: PR received issued 11th august 2010. So in all it took 3months and 1 week to be issued and 4 months in total to be received.

This shows that the UKBA has improved in their standards significantly compared to last year.

i would like to thank everybody for posting on here and your suggestions.
For those of you still waiting, surely it will all come to an end soon.

dammykay
Newly Registered

Post by dammykay » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:24 am

kellyman wrote:I also received my PR today. i am so happy.
here is my timeline: apllied for EEA4 and received by UKBA on 4th of may 2010. COA received on 1st of july 2010.
called last week and was told my application was in final stages.

7th sept 2010: PR received issued 11th august 2010. So in all it took 3months and 1 week to be issued and 4 months in total to be received.

This shows that the UKBA has improved in their standards significantly compared to last year.

i would like to thank everybody for posting on here and your suggestions.
For those of you still waiting, surely it will all come to an end soon.

AM HAPPY FOR YOU THIS IS RECORD BREAKING NEWS PERFECTO !!!

PLS ON YOUR COA IS THERE ANY CASE ID NUMBER ON IT

PLS CHECK AND REPLY

ENJOY YOUR BREAKTHROUGH

GOD BLESS YOU

Mary1

Hi

Post by Mary1 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:27 am

Hi kellyman:
This has to be Fastest application ave seen in months ...thanks for the information you posted.

Hi dammykay: Majorty of applications will have a case id and i think a h/o ref .....purley for thier own records when you call/write/email regarding your application

Mary

kellyman
Newly Registered

Post by kellyman » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:33 pm

@ dammykay: yes there was a case Id number on the COA. thanks for your best wishes. i hope you get yours soon too.

@mary1: yea i know i couldnt believe it when i got the PR yesterday. it was very fast tracked. i suspect it was because i got my MP involved when my COA issuance was delayed for almost 2 months.

The amazing this is that it came in a first class post (which is quite unsual with UKBA when sending documnets)

All the same i am grateful to God and so happy. lookin forward to a holiday soon. All the best in yours

mamag
Newly Registered

Post by mamag » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:05 am

Called HO today and i was told that my case is awaiting consideration , do any one know what this mean , how long will it take before a decison can be made ?

lina katen
Newly Registered

Post by lina katen » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:24 pm

I just got my PR. It arrived Monday 6th of Sept. My lawyer just informed me today though.
Time Line:
HO received Documents 26 Feb. 2010
Confirmation letter received 31 March 2010

Called 2 times before the 6 month period I was informed that it is still with the Case work Team awaiting consideration.

Called on the 26 of august just when 6 months elapsed I was told my case is in the final stages.

Received my PR by mail on the 6th of September 2010.

Total waiting time 6 months and 10 days.

Reading the forums everyone who was told it’s in the final stages got their documents back with a positive decision within 2 weeks. Including me.

I guess “Final Stagesâ€

mamag
Newly Registered

Post by mamag » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:30 am

[quote="lina katen"]I just got my PR. It arrived Monday 6th of Sept. My lawyer just informed me today though.
Time Line:
HO received Documents 26 Feb. 2010
Confirmation letter received 31 March 2010

Called 2 times before the 6 month period I was informed that it is still with the Case work Team awaiting consideration.

Called on the 26 of august just when 6 months elapsed I was told my case is in the final stages.

Received my PR by mail on the 6th of September 2010.

Total waiting time 6 months and 10 days.

Reading the forums everyone who was told it’s in the final stages got their documents back with a positive decision within 2 weeks. Including me.

I guess “Final Stagesâ€

lina katen
Newly Registered

Post by lina katen » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:01 am

mamag wrote:
congratulation , when did HO inform you that your application was awaiting consideration , my apllication will be 5 months today with HO, and when i called yesterday , i was told my application is awaiting consideration .
the last time i was told its with the case work team awating consideration was around the 5 months period. You also have to remember that PR are issued a month before you recieve your doc. by mail. Around the time i was told it was under consideration was the same time my PR was dated. Not sure why.

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:12 pm

Hi All,
Just writing to advise on the timeframe of my application:
Sent application to the Home Office on the 15th of March and today (10th of September) I have received all my documents back with my Permanent Residence Card.

So it took a bit short of 6 months.

The residence card is in one A4 sheet as I had requested my passport back and they didn't bother requesting the passport to put the stamp, which is fine.

Next step is the citizenship! :-) I am really happy today!
My situation: arrived in 2005 as a tourist and applied for an unmarried partner visa - at the time this was the EEC1 form.
I was given a residence permit (a UK residence permit), this pink visa. I had already a civil partnership in Germany but it was not recognized under UK neither European law.

2 years later for extension with form EEA2 and was given 5 years.
But after 3 years (now) I applied under EEA4 as it completes 5 years living with my partner (2 years under a UK residence permit + 3 under the EEA residence card).

Probably they considered that I have been always a dependent of an EEA citizen and that's why I got it.
I was only slightly afraid they could tell me to complete 5 years with the EEA2. But everything fine and sorted :-)