ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Residence Card - current processing times

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kiki84
Newly Registered

EEA2 Residence Card - current processing times

Post by kiki84 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:00 pm

Hi there. I applied for residence card (I'm married to an Italian national) on the 23rd of February. Received my Certificate of Application early March. It has now been nearly 7 months and 2 weeks ago we sent a letter requesting an update on my application. I am now going to miss my best friend's wedding in 2 weeks time as I don't have my passport and can't travel. I am getting very impatient and need to travel next month also. I have tried to contact the number provided on the COA but it isn't possible to speak to someone to get an update. I don't really want to request for my passport to be returned before my application has been processed. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do or perhaps another number that I can try where I can actually speak to an individual?

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:05 pm

As for me, i applied in july. Got COA in july. Got RC in october. I know a ghanian friend who got her rc in 5 weeks time!
I think it depend on the simplicity of the case as well as luck

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: EEA2 Residence Card - current processing times

Post by 86ti » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:07 pm

kiki84 wrote:Please let me know if there is anything else I can do...
Spend some time on this forum and read the relevant threads, e.g. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=52881

Also read http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... n/#header3