ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes to job title

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PG1983

Changes to job title

Post by PG1983 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:44 pm

I was employed at the start of my WP as a Graduate Engineer on my employers graduate programme(2years). Since then I have been promoted to Project Engineer. I'm still on the same WP and have the letter showing change in Terms and Conditions.

My worry is that since this is different from what is showing on my original WP, it could cause problems. My appoinment is on saturday 18th so any help/advice will be appreciated.

dimsav

Re: Changes to job title

Post by dimsav » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:09 pm

I read somewhere that the change of job's title by the same employer is considered as the essential change, not minor Technical changes of employment, and thus requires a full application and switching to Tier 2. But wait for comments from other forum members...

adi_khaneng

Post by adi_khaneng » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:52 pm

yes. You need to apply for a Tier 2 general Application. I went through the same process last year as I was on the graduate programe as well.

mimimt

Post by mimimt » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:07 pm

Asked someone from company's legal department because i have the same issue. They told me not to worry

dimsav

Post by dimsav » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:57 pm

Another thought... PG1983, when exactly did your change of job's title happen?
I think I read sometime somewhere (cannot fetch it now) that if the change occurs during the last 6 months before the end of WP then it might be disregarded (by HO officer), so no need to go via Tier 2 route, hence getting ILR should be fine. Maybe someone else could shed some light on it...

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:13 am

@dimsav: the change happened beginning of '09 so no joy there

@mimimt: could you let me know what advice the legal dept gave you exactly? I have tried my HR but they take ages to answer anything