ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 2:Stamp in the Passport or a Paper Document

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maganzo

EEA 2:Stamp in the Passport or a Paper Document

Post by maganzo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:45 am

It is a trend now for UKBA to issue RC stamp either in the Passport or on a Paper Document size A4.It is a matter of concerned because i feel that a Resident stamp on just a piece of paper bring a lot of suspicious to potential employers,when you travel etc etc.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:52 am

I reckon this is the latest HO trend. I do agree that it does sound a little dodgy, however you will have a covering letter issued by the HO so you can always provide that as proof of residency as well.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:36 am

Maganzo, I see your concerns. Where employers may accept the RC endorsement on a free A4 sheet, some embassies will not issue a visa without the RC vignette endorsed in the passport. The French are a good example.

maviesk

Post by maviesk » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:28 pm

It seems to be a trend for those who requested their passports back before the application was completed as far as I can see..

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:46 pm

The A4 Sheet of paper with your RC is called an Immigration Status Document which is accepted by employers as proof you can work restriction free. Any HR person who advises otherwise can check directly with the HO to confirm.

Yes, most Embassies (apart from Norway) will issue a Schengen Visa without the EEA RC endorsed in your passport.

In summary, it is annoying as the HO is aware of the implications of an Immigration Status document and to transfer it to the passport mean submitting a new application (plus the unnecessary wait to the application to be processed..again!)

I do think that this is more likely to be the case for applicants who request their passport back or whose passport was not present (for whatever reason) at the time the endorsement was being placed in the applicants passport.

Hope this helps,
Pasha

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:06 am

In many countries the residence card is issued as a separate document (i.e. not a sticker in passport), and the European Commission has a strong view that this is preferable, because it is unclear what would be status of a residence card (or permanent residence card) that is still valid, but the passport to which it was attached has expired in the meantime.

Refer to http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... FIN:EN:PDF and particularly paragraph 2.2.2:
The format of the residence card is not fixed, so Member States are free to lay it down as they see fit. However, the residence card must be issued as a self-standing document and not in form of a sticker in a passport, as this could limit the validity of the card in violation of Article 11(1).