ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Today in Croydon (SET M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mteja

ILR Success Today in Croydon (SET M)

Post by mteja » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:21 pm

Hello everyone,

So greatful to this board. It has been a rollacoster journey and have always gathered the right information from here.

Well i had my SET (M)ILR today in Croydon, Must admit it all went quick than i expected. My appointment was for 10.00am but got there 8.45am,

1)Security check as usual similar to that one of airport, then met security guy who asked for my reference number that i was texted, but in my case never got a text as i did it online, so only had printed reference. Showed him, then he checked the version on my SET(M)(July) asked me to join the que.
2)Went in a counter similar to that one in bank but this one has got glass in between. The guy asked for letter from my husband then my passport and my husbands pp, then asked for my documents. In my case i had a nicely arranged file so gave him the whole file with about 13documents in that file. I had another back up file just incase. He went thro the file. Told me it was ok. He asked me what was the other file i had, i said just more documents incase he needed. He had a chat and a joke in between. He said how comes am that early 8.55am yet my appointment was for 10.00, he further went ahead cracked a joke that could i not sleep hence am there that early. So i said i just wanted to get in done and dusted, plus better early than late so long as not breaking the law, at that point he smiled and the other guys in other counters who over heard the conversation laughed as well. Anyway after he had finished going thro the file he stamped my SET M document (VALID) asked me to proceede 1st floor to go pay.

I got 1st floor there was a small que, paid about 9.15am. The lady there was also friendly, she joked that, was the painful process ie making big lampsum of money. So i said indeed its painful. My card LLOYDS tsb went thro, though it took abit of time ie like 2minutes, at that point i had started panicking. After it had gone thro was asked to procede upstairs 2nd floor. Got upstairs, my number was called immediately. Proceded to 2nd flr met a lady, she asked for my documents including the receipt, passports, pic passport etc. At this point she went thro very thoroughly, took her time, asked where hubbyis, just said am not with him today. No further questions, she said she was gonna go make some further checks inside in the ofices and she will be back.At that point i had my photocopies of the documents she had at hand in different folder. So i asked her if she wanted the copies to save her the hassle of photocopying again, she responded yes pls. So gave her. She went inside with both originals and copies. Waited for like ten minutes, she came back and told me my ILR was granted. Will have to wait like one hour in 1st floor and she gave me back my original documents. The interesting bit is, i had my evidence of finances in a different folder, ie bank statements,both mine and hubbys, my payslips both mine and hubbys, contracts etc. And was shocked as they never asked any financial evidence. Maybe just lucky :roll: . Not sure. Though in the letter my husband had mentioned what he does etc. That was it really. Went downstairs around 9.35am, thought of going for a coffee but i thought i will wait for the one hour i was told. So i did, and by 10.10 i had my passport with ILR. HURRAYYYYYYYY!!!

Went straight to shopping mall for costa coffee and a muffin.. :lol: :lol: as had an empty stomach since hadnt had anything before i left house 7.30am

Thanks everyone.

Thought i drop this here however long but am sure it might be of help to someone.

Many thanks again all.

And now the journey continues for CITIZENSHIP.......
togetherness as one

lesley15

Post by lesley15 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:43 pm

congratulations.We are applying at Croydon in November.Can i just ask you how many months worth of bank statements did you have ready 3 or 6 months?? also wageslips.
Thank you

claudiafan

Post by claudiafan » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:09 pm

Congrats!!!! I am applying ILR in Nov and heard the fees will go up big time!! Lucky you...hehe...

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:02 am

Congratulations!! I got mine as well on the same day, we must have seen each other at some point. Anyway, well done and good luck for the future!!

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:11 am

Congratulations! :)

Yeah, I'm also subject to the fee change :( I'm applying in December and all applications after next Friday will cost £1250. :(

mteja

Post by mteja » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:13 am

Had all two years bank statement in a separate folder, i also had all the payslips both mine and hubbys in different folder, had all contracts hubbys contracts, but they never asked any bank statement from me not even any payslip. But i would suggest maybe you can have the latest three months and then the rest have them spread out.. But if you are going on spouse route, i think the main crucial thing here is to prove you have been living together. I think!!!

@PG1983 yer we must have brushed shoulders in there. Must admit i found the atmosphere abit relaxed ..or is it just me..Congratulations :D and good luck with the rest of the journey to citizenship
togetherness as one

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:59 pm

Congratulations Mteja. You can now relax!!

Just wondered if you could give me a list of all the docs you submitted, just so I know im on the right track.

Many thanks

mteja

Post by mteja » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:19 pm

@Juliajules

Sorry for not getting back in time. List of docs: I had three folders;

Folder No.1:-i had spread out documents for two years. We have lived in three adresses. And they were:-2010-BT Bill in hubbys name,council tax joint name,water bill joint name,2009:-Council tax joint name,TV Lincence hubbys name,one bank statement in my name, then same year 2009 different address two gps hospital cards,2008 different address, debenhams store card statement in my name,hubbys 02 Statement and a letter of hospital appointent hubbys name.in total i had 12documents in that folder. Plus life in UK,Letter from hubby,passport size pic and passports.

Folder no.2:- wasn for prove of finance, which had 18months my payslip, hubbys almost 18months payslips, P60 both mine and hubby for 2010,2009, his work contracts. But guess what they didnt ask any of that.

Folder 3: had backup documents ie 18months bank statements,for both of us, tenancy agreement but again they never asked any of the above.

After handing over the passports, the officer asked for supporting documents and i just gave him the whole slim file with the 12 documents. He never asked for anything else.

Hope that helps, feel free to ask any other query if you got
togetherness as one

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:43 am

Hiya

Many thanks for your reply and the list of documents. It puts your mind at rest when you know you have the right documents in your file!

Many thanks