ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Processing: A CaseWorker's Guide/Manual

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:18 am

Hi All,

I think that this PBS will virtually ends in Probationary Citizenship & then Citizenship.

I think that ILR will no more valid for applicants after 8 Nov 2006. As by the time we reach that stage....new policy of this Probationary Citizenship & Active citizenship will be active..... :x

I might be wrong...but this is best of my knowledge...

Need your comments...

Thanks,

ahmeds
Newly Registered

eligible for ILR with 1 +4 yrs, but visa expires before

Post by ahmeds » Sun May 02, 2010 8:57 pm

my initial HSMP have been approved between april 2006 to nov 2006
and i arrived UK (sep 2006) after 7 weeks of my visa stamp date (July 2006) ,

but the issue is , I am in 1+ 4 years category,
and my FLR is expiring just before 7 weeks of my settlement date.

now my questions are:

Can i apply for settlement (ILR) before 48 days instead of 28 days? other wise i will have to pay fees for another FLR and after month i will be eligible for ILR and will have to pay another fees for ILR.
which would be really expensive .

I have searched the forum but couldn't find the 1+4 category , I would like to know if the HO treat this category differently and i have any chances that they can accept my ILR application 48 days earlier instead of 28 days?

Any help would highly be appreciated

Many Thanks
A

kamalin10

Re: ILR Processing: A CaseWorker's Guide/Manual

Post by kamalin10 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:04 pm

vinny wrote:It depends on the category under which you are applying.
am i blind or 180 days (tier1) are not actually mentioned? :?

vinny

Re: ILR Processing: A CaseWorker's Guide/Manual

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:41 pm

kamalin10 wrote:
vinny wrote:It depends on the category under which you are applying.
am i blind or 180 days (tier1) are not actually mentioned? :?
I've updated the links.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sojan

Post by sojan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:39 am

vinny wrote:You may apply for ILR no sooner than 28 days (4 weeks) prior to the completion of your qualifying period and before your leave to enter/remain expires. Therefore, to prevent an unnecessary application for an extension of stay, you should initially enter the UK no later than 28 days (4 weeks) from your visa's effective date.
Hi Vinny, thanks for all your explanation.
Does that mean, we can apply ILR 28 days earlier than completing 5 years? i meant 4 years 11 months and 3 days..

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:26 pm

Settling in the UK wrote:Please do not send us your application more than 28 days before you become eligible to apply. If you do, we may refuse your application with no refund of the application fee (where a fee is charged). However, you must make your application before your current permission to stay in the UK expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hiltonK
Newly Registered

hi

Post by hiltonK » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:01 am

please tell me, I am on Five years workpermit from August 2006. According to the WP my occupation is Housekeeping supervisor, and will be eligible for PR on August 2011.Because of the recent changes in the Set (0) form in documents page, I tried to find my job in the codes of practise and it was not in the list.As per my work permit on 2006, my salary was £14k. At present my Salary is £16k. My employer still likes to have me in the job, and i also passed the Life in the UK test. I spent most of the time in UK, in this 5 year period and went outside the country only for 25 days in two times.
Please advice what i have to mention in the Set (o) form when i make the application for PR. can i get a ILR on Aug 2011

Palprithvi
Newly Registered

ILR-police registration

Post by Palprithvi » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:08 pm

hi friends,
is it mandatory to to have police registration certificate to have at the time of applying for ILR?

If i dont have do i need to register at the police station. i have not registered myself at police station since last five yrs.
thanks

ea64
Newly Registered

Part of Appendix deleted, anyone has a copy?

Post by ea64 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:39 pm

I have been browsing the Immigration rules where paragraphs 135A-135F have been deleted. The Appendix F is till there but without P 135D-135F where the rules for HSMP ILR were. Does anyone have a copy?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:57 pm

135A-135F can be found in Appendix D. The only omission there-in is 135DG which covered extension of stay as a highly skilled migrant in the case of a person who has leave to enter or leave to remain in the United Kingdom to take the PLAB Test or to undertake a clinical attachment.

Indefinite leave to remain as a highly skilled migrant: 135G, 135GA, 135H, 135HA (very much listed in the current immigration rules).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

prda
Newly Registered

Post by prda » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:57 pm

Hi Rishi, viny and all....there is grace of 3months given
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
page 4 pls
cheers
praveen

prda
Newly Registered

Post by prda » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi All, The new rule says the income criteria has to match the previous extension income. I am not clear on this. I am on high band on my previous extension and when I go for ILR if my income goes down little but I am still saying in the same high bad does it mean I am eligible or not?

Please clear this ambiguity.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... settlement

Thanks,
Praveen.

barker

Post by barker » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:24 pm

prda,

The update states that the same rules will apply. So you will need to obtain 75 / 80 points depending on the date of your original application. As long as you make the points, the exact amount of your salary will not matter.