ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

corrado

Post by corrado » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:08 pm

shaq Alhamdulillah, many congratulations to both of you and I wish you a happy and peaceful lifetime together.

I'm very impressed with such the short time between them contacting your employer and the passport being available for collection.

tasawar I will make dua for you, I know you have waited a very long time, insha'Allah you will get the visa.

mkak and tk786 do you have any more updates?

Thanks to everyone for the updates.

Please remember the dua for success:

Rabbanaa a tinaa fid dunyaa hasanatan wa fil akhirati hasanatan wa qinaa azaaban naar

Translation: Our Lord! Grant us good in this world and good in the life to come and keep us safe from the torment of the Fire [Al-Baqarah :201]
Last edited by corrado on Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:58 pm

shaq wrote:
tasawar wrote:AOA786

Congratss shaq i am going tomorrow for collect my passport so please do dua for me that i can post my good news aswell inshallah

Jazak Allah khair.

Thanks, i will pray for you aswell.
shaq what is visa issu date on passport plz tell us.

tk786
Newly Registered

Post by tk786 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:07 pm

corrado wrote:shaq Alhamdulillah, many congratulations to both of you and I wish you a happy and peaceful lifetime together.

I'm very impressed with such the short time between them contacting your employer and the passport being available for collection.

tasawar I will make dua for you, I know you have waited a very long time, insha'Allah you will get the visa.

Rabbanaa a tinaa fid dunyaa hasanatan wa fil akhirati hasanatan wa qinaa azaaban naar

Translation: Our Lord! Grant us good in this world and good in the life to come and keep us safe from the torment of the Fire [Al-Baqarah :201][/i]
Salaam guys,

No, as far as I know, my employers haven't been contacted. However, when i spoke to the HR department, they said that when the home office contacts them for employee status confirmation, they normally send an employee letter. I provided that to my wife, who submitted that letter along with the other supportive documents. So if they do not contact my employers then I guess it is not a bad thing.... so i dont have any updates unfortunately.

Still, I wish they contacted my employers so that it will show some progress. :-(

shazaz

Post by shazaz » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:11 pm

shaq wrote:AOA,
good news everyone my fiance got his visa today. So the whole process took exactly 15 weeks to the day to get his visa. Can i just thank everyone on this forum who kept my spirits up through this process and also thankyou for your prayers. I hope everyone gets the decision they want and if there are any questions i can help with please ask.
Hi congratulations on ur partner getn the visa.my partner has also applied for fiance.what did you submit for the application?how did you show thst you intend to get married?did you have any pre booking for ur wedding?
Any help wud b appreciated

zeddy zed

Post by zeddy zed » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:28 pm

congarts shaq :)

tasawar brv inshallah u will get good news ameen , keeps us
updated

tasawar
- thin ice -

Post by tasawar » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:32 pm

AOA786

Yes why not inshaAllah i will give good new tomorow .

Jazak Allah Khair

imranh

Post by imranh » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:37 pm

Hi all

my solicitor said that they interview the settlement applicant still and ask them about the application and about the sponsor's details - I have not heard this before and no one has mentioned this on this forum - Please can anyone advise whether the spouse who is applying gets interviewd????

Secondly, has anyone changed employers during their application??? if so, what did they do???? or has anyone personal circumstances changed during the application??? how did you update your application???

these solicitors are a waste of time !!!!! can anyone please help coz i am stressed out !!!!!!

shaq
Newly Registered

Post by shaq » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:39 pm

shazaz wrote:
shaq wrote:AOA,
good news everyone my fiance got his visa today. So the whole process took exactly 15 weeks to the day to get his visa. Can i just thank everyone on this forum who kept my spirits up through this process and also thankyou for your prayers. I hope everyone gets the decision they want and if there are any questions i can help with please ask.
Hi congratulations on ur partner getn the visa.my partner has also applied for fiance.what did you submit for the application?how did you show thst you intend to get married?did you have any pre booking for ur wedding?
Any help wud b appreciated

hi, i got a letter from a local hotel who wrote on it that we had pre booked a slot for our wedding reception. We chose a date at least 4 months from the visa being applied for. You dont have to book anything you just need a letter on headed paper from where you might get married, remember it doesnt have to be the exact place or date. My brother-in-law knew the manager at the hotel so they drafted up a letter for us. To be honest i was worried that we might not get the visa because i have alot of out goings and as im in sales my commission is different every month, although i do work for a good company. Also i only showed savings of £1000. I think what helped me is that i own 2 properties. The documents i sent were as follows
4 month bank statement, 6 payslips, P60, mortgage statement for my house that i live in and also the one i rent out, rental income statements, 7 months itemised phone bill, house valuation report to show that there is enough room in my house to live in, letter from my mother to explain how me and my fiance met and when and where we got engaged, photos of the engagement. From work i got a letter from my manager confirming employment. Also a copy of stamps on my passport of entry and exit in pakistan to prove i went to pakistan to get engaged, this was also notirised by a lawyer to show it was genuine, also i got a letter from the travel agent to confirm my travel. Lastly a couple of bills, gas and elec. Apart from that just the standard stuff like passport copy to show my nationality also notirised. One more thing we got a affidavit of support from my fiance father to show that he would help with the cost of travelling to the uk.

I think that just about covers it..........

shaq
Newly Registered

Post by shaq » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:44 pm

tasawar wrote:
shaq wrote:
tasawar wrote:AOA786

Congratss shaq i am going tomorrow for collect my passport so please do dua for me that i can post my good news aswell inshallah

Jazak Allah khair.

Thanks, i will pray for you aswell.
shaq what is visa issu date on passport plz tell us.
hi, just spoke to my fiance and he said the date the visa was stamped was on the 8th sept, which is the day after they spoke to my employer.

shaq
Newly Registered

Post by shaq » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:45 pm

zeddy zed wrote:congarts shaq :)

tasawar brv inshallah u will get good news ameen , keeps us
updated
thanks zed

nadiataimoor
Newly Registered

dads occupation???

Post by nadiataimoor » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:06 pm

hi,

for accomodation, i will be showing that i will be living with my family.and i wont have to pay any rent or bill.as my dad is a tenant to the property,he is not claiming any benefits,do i have to show my dads occupation and proof of work?

maryammajid786

Post by maryammajid786 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:02 am

Aoa

congragulations to shaq ,its fajar time and i am praying that tasawar gets her visa inshallah

Allah Hafiz

Nags

Post by Nags » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:48 am

Hi

Im hoping nt long nw before july applicants hear sum sort of update

INSHALLA

please can any july applicants update me as soon as they hear anything

Inshalla all will be well

yoda121

Post by yoda121 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:56 am

mkak - Islamabad - 07/06/10 - under process at BHC 18/6/2010 - employer contact 1st week September (wk 13) - email decision made 9/9/10
shaq - Lahore - 08/06/10 - bhc 21/06/10 employer contacted-7/09/10-visa decision made(as per visa tracking site)-17/09/10 - passport collected with visa 21/09/10
Tasawar - Mirpur - 08/06/2010 -under process at Bhc 23/06/2010 employer contected -14/09/2010 - 21/9/2010 app ready for collection.
maryammajid786 -lahore - 11/06/10 -employer contacted14/9/2010
tk786 - karachi - 21/06/10 - under process at BHC 05/07/10
londongood - karachi - 21/06/10 - Under process at BHC - 05/07/10 - employer contacted 20/9/10
zehn - Lahore - 22/06/10 - forwarded 22/06/10
corrado - Islamabad - 02/07/10 - Under process at BHC - 16/07/10
Ikhlaq - Islamabad - 05/07/10 - under process at bhc - 16/07/10
Nags - Islamabad - 06/07/10 - under Procecess at bhc - 19/07/10
Navalaviator - Islamabad - 14/07/10 - Under process at bhc - 27/07/10
yoda121- Lahore - 19/07/10 - under process at bhc - 02/08/10
Shazaz- Lahore- 20/7/10 - under process at bhc- 03/08/10
K44MYY - MIRPUR - 22/07/10 - passed onto Islamabed on 22/07/10
Zar2009 - Islamabad - 26/07/10 - passed onto Islamabad on 26/07/10
Newbie21-Islamabad - 27/07/10 under process at bhc -10/08/10
Spouse Visa (Lahore)
Application Date - 19/7/10
Under process at BHC 02/08/10
http://imm.ksul.co.uk / Jun/Jul applications.

shaq
Newly Registered

Re: dads occupation???

Post by shaq » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:06 am

nadiataimoor wrote:hi,

for accomodation, i will be showing that i will be living with my family.and i wont have to pay any rent or bill.as my dad is a tenant to the property,he is not claiming any benefits,do i have to show my dads occupation and proof of work?
Hi, as far as i'm aware, your dad will need to provide his tenancy agreement which will have to show that he rents the property, make sure it is not a copy and is the actual agreement. He will also need to provide a letter in which he will need to state that he is happy for you and your partner to stay rent free until you need to. Also provide bills like gas, electricity or council tax to show your father definitley rents the property, again aslo genuine bills and not copies. I'm pretty sure you wont need to show details of your dads work. Hope that helps.

zehncars

Post by zehncars » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:29 am

Aoa I Posted yday tt I got a call an told thm to call back at 10am today as tht is when my boss will be in, but it's now 10:30 and there has been no call I'm getting worried has this happened to any1else?

NAZIA786
Newly Registered

cancel my husband visa..

Post by NAZIA786 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:37 am

hi everyone..i need some advice..urgent advice...

my husabnds visa refused in july...i appealed on his behalf...but things..have changed between. us...i no longer want him to come to the uk...

but the problem is..the his appeal has been overturned...which means he has been given entry clearence...he will have to go to mirpur submit his passport..etc...

what do i do i...how can i stop this from happening...i have made up my mind...i thought he was a nice guy....but unfortunately..i overheard him and his fam...he is h=only doing it for ..uk and passport..what do i do..how can i stop this...
for e.g if his pasport has been stamped..is it too klate..for me to stop him entering uk...

who do i ring? what do i say....?
PLEASE HELP...I DONT WANT HIM TO DESTROY MY LIFE...

Yousafa

Re: dads occupation???

Post by Yousafa » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:09 am

nadiataimoor wrote:hi,

Salaam.

It may also be adviseable to get a letter from the landlord/agent to confirm that they have no objection to an additional person moving into the property.

Best of luck!

Yousafa

Re: cancel my husband visa..

Post by Yousafa » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:14 am

NAZIA786 wrote:hi everyone..i need some advice..urgent advice...

my husabnds visa refused in july...i appealed on his behalf...but things..have changed between. us...i no longer want him to come to the uk...

but the problem is..the his appeal has been overturned...which means he has been given entry clearence...he will have to go to mirpur submit his passport..etc...

what do i do i...how can i stop this from happening...i have made up my mind...i thought he was a nice guy....but unfortunately..i overheard him and his fam...he is h=only doing it for ..uk and passport..what do i do..how can i stop this...
for e.g if his pasport has been stamped..is it too klate..for me to stop him entering uk...

who do i ring? what do i say....?
PLEASE HELP...I DONT WANT HIM TO DESTROY MY LIFE...
Nazia,

Hopefully a professional or someone experienced in this may be able to respond to your query best. My advice would be to call the Croydon office and see what they say. The passports are stamped by the British High Commission in Islamabad so maybe try contacting them to see if they can guide you in the steps you need to take.

Sorry to hear that things didn't work out as you wanted, best of luck for the future.

Yousafa

Post by Yousafa » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:25 am

zehncars wrote:Aoa I Posted yday tt I got a call an told thm to call back at 10am today as tht is when my boss will be in, but it's now 10:30 and there has been no call I'm getting worried has this happened to any1else?
Zehncars,

I wouldn't worry. There have been few members on the board who asked for calls back at specific times and were never received, yet visa's were issued. I do also recall that one member's employer had asked the UKBA to confirm receipt of an email, which never happened also.

zehncars

Post by zehncars » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:34 am

thanks for the reply yousafa , inshallah all will be well we shall see in the coming days

Nags

Post by Nags » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:50 pm

tk786 wrote:
corrado wrote:shaq Alhamdulillah, many congratulations to both of you and I wish you a happy and peaceful lifetime together.

Translation: Our Lord! Grant us good in this world and good in the life to come and keep us safe from the torment of the Fire [Al-Baqarah :201][/i]
Salaam guys,

No, as far as I know, my employers haven't been contacted. However, when i spoke to the HR department, they said that when the home office contacts them for employee status confirmation, they normally send an employee letter. I provided that to my wife, who submitted that letter along with the other supportive documents. So if they do not contact my employers then I guess it is not a bad thing.... so i dont have any updates unfortunately.

Still, I wish they contacted my employers so that it will show some progress. :-(
Mkak - any update????

Sammie

How can I check progress of a spouse visa?

Post by Sammie » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Hi..

My Brother-in-Law applied for his wifes spouse visa in early June 2010 and as yet he has not heard anything. His wife and him have been checking the status online but it doesnt appear to have chnaged, ever.. They've also tried to call the BHC on 0092 5120 98999 but this number no longer seems to be operational. He's getting very concerned that his application has been lost/forgotten about and would like to find out what the progress (if any) is with the application. Does anyone have any contact numbers to find out the status of the application? What about an email address?

Thank you!

Sammie
Visa: Spouse
Submitted: 12/03/08 (Mirpur VAC, PAkistan)
Time Elapsed:10 Working Days
Result: VISA ISSUED 28/03/2008
ILR App: 18/03/2010-28/03/2010
ILR App Sent: 25/03/2010
ILR Received: 30/07/2010 - YAY!!

yoda121

Re: How can I check progress of a spouse visa?

Post by yoda121 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:15 pm

Sammie wrote:Hi..

My Brother-in-Law applied for his wifes spouse visa in early June 2010 and as yet he has not heard anything. His wife and him have been checking the status online but it doesnt appear to have chnaged, ever.. They've also tried to call the BHC on 0092 5120 98999 but this number no longer seems to be operational. He's getting very concerned that his application has been lost/forgotten about and would like to find out what the progress (if any) is with the application. Does anyone have any contact numbers to find out the status of the application? What about an email address?

Thank you!

Sammie
Email these people
UKHUB.PakistanSettlementEnquiriesandComplaints@fco.gov.uk
with your details and see what they say.

You should have heard by now, if not you will very soon.
Spouse Visa (Lahore)
Application Date - 19/7/10
Under process at BHC 02/08/10
http://imm.ksul.co.uk / Jun/Jul applications.

zehncars

Post by zehncars » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:20 pm

Aoa just an update ... I received a call today regarding my employment and the questions asked were

To employer
Can I speak to the manager?
Can you confirm Zehn asgher works for ....?
Can you confirm his title?
Can you confirm his wage?
Can you confirm his contract type?
Can you confirm his ni number?
To me
Who am I speaking to?
To confirm that I am speaking to Zehn asgher can you confirm your dob?
Are you sponsoring anyone to come to the uk?
What is their full name? What is ther dob?

And that was it , I hope this info will help others who are worried like I was, inshallah all will be well