ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What Home office is making it hard for me?????/

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kimuk30
Newly Registered

What Home office is making it hard for me?????/

Post by kimuk30 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:34 pm

Hi guys , i will tell you my story with HO and please let me know what do you think? . I have applied for my COA ( Certificate of Approval) to get married with my fiancée on the 29th of July 2009, normally it takes between 6 weeks and 12 weeks to issue the certificate, unfortunately we are still waiting for it and we have got no idea if we will be able to get married one day. Almost 1 year past by and lot of things has happened. The home office has revocated my residence card based on my divorce with my ex wife. I did appeal against the decision and we went to the immigration court. The judge agreed that they were right to cancel my visa but as i've been in the country for 5 years and based on my new relationship with my European partner who is working and exercising her treaty right here and who was expecting our baby at the time, he allowed me to stay and work here while I'm waiting for my COA's application to be approved. The judge also agreed that I have to apply for an Extended Family Member visa as soon as I can which I did earlier this month.
We welcomed our new baby girl on July and are now looking forward of getting married but we can't understand why the Home office is taking that long to accept our application to give us the right to get married here in uk where we settled down andhave our own familly. We just applied for EEA2 as per the judge suggestion and we r still waiting for c o application. please any suggestions will be very helpfull.

Thanks in advance.

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:47 pm

Can i ask you why was your rc revoked? Didn't you qualify for retention of rights?

kimuk30
Newly Registered

Post by kimuk30 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:37 pm

My visa was revoked bcs i lived only two years with my ex and i had no enough document to prove her exircing rights.