ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

student overstay

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shetkam
Newly Registered

student overstay

Post by shetkam » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:47 am

Hi
i AM A STUDENT OVERSTAY.MY STUDENT VISA GOT EXPIRED ON 31ST DECEMBER 2009.ITS BEEN NINE MONTHS I AM A OVERSTAYER. DO ANYBODY KNOW WILL I BE DEPORTED OR WILL I BE ASKED FOR BIO METRIC AT IMMIGRATION COUNTER.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: student overstay

Post by ElenaW » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:22 pm

shetkam wrote:Hi
i AM A STUDENT OVERSTAY.MY STUDENT VISA GOT EXPIRED ON 31ST DECEMBER 2009.ITS BEEN NINE MONTHS I AM A OVERSTAYER. DO ANYBODY KNOW WILL I BE DEPORTED OR WILL I BE ASKED FOR BIO METRIC AT IMMIGRATION COUNTER.
Why is this posted in the employment section?

Are you trying to go back home? Are you applying for a different visa? We need more detail.
I tell it like it is.

shetkam
Newly Registered

oh thanks for replying

Post by shetkam » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:27 pm

yes i am actually going back home.from there i am gonna process my HSMP thru an immigration agent.but the problem now is, i dont know whether i will b deported or will immigration officers will ask me to do bio metric at the airport. i have heard that Homeoffice doesnt deport student overstayer. please shed some light.thanks

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: oh thanks for replying

Post by ElenaW » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:19 pm

shetkam wrote:yes i am actually going back home.from there i am gonna process my HSMP thru an immigration agent.but the problem now is, i dont know whether i will b deported or will immigration officers will ask me to do bio metric at the airport. i have heard that Homeoffice doesnt deport student overstayer. please shed some light.thanks
Ok if you're going home it's simple. They may or may not randomly check you. If not, then nothing extra happens but on any subsequent applications you have to be honest about your overstay. If they do randomly check you when leaving, I believe they do take finger prints and fill out some paperwork but because you're leaving on your own and are paying for your flight back home, then you won't be in trouble.

Overstay is not a big deal when it comes to family/partner visas but tier 1 is not in that catagory I'm afraid :( . I would probably speak to a solicitor if I were you before making any further applications.
I tell it like it is.

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:47 am

You are liable to be banned for 1 year, under Para 320 of the Immigration Rules as under:

"(7B) subject to paragraph 320(7C), where the applicant has previously breached the UK's immigration laws by:

(a) Overstaying;

unless the applicant:

(iii) left the UK voluntarily, not at the expense (directly or indirectly) of the Secretary of State, more than 12 months ago; "

If you conceal your overstay and are discovered to have lied, you will be banned for 10 years.

Definitely talk to a qualified immigration advisor.

shetkam
Newly Registered

HSMP

Post by shetkam » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:15 pm

HI,
A HSMP visa issued from Northern Ireland- is it legal in London.Can we work , stay in London.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Re: HSMP

Post by Pakhtoon » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:19 pm

shetkam wrote:HI,
A HSMP visa issued from Northern Ireland- is it legal in London.Can we work , stay in London.
Do you already have the visa ? how much did you pay for it ?
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€