ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DEVONIAN

Post by DEVONIAN » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:04 pm

Once you've met the 10 years residency requirement, you should submit your apoplication for ILR and needn't wait till your existing visa expires in 2012. I bet if you wait, a lot within the UK immigration law would have changed, and those changes may not be in your favour. Just hand in your application straightaway and get patiently ready for the long haul of having to wait for a decision from the UKBA.

If you trawl through comments on this thread, only one person has had his/her application rejected so far,but I can't remember the details anymore. If I were you, I wouldn't wait any longer before submitting my ILR application since you have to endure a very long wait following the submission of your application.

Very best wishes, Devonian

LIVERPOOL4EVER wrote:Hey guys

am new in the forum... and have a couple of questions

1- my current student visa will expire on 31/01/2012...and I have been in the UK for 10 years on 30/08/2010
Can I apply for ILR now or do I have to wait until my current visa expires?

2- Has anyone or have you heard any person had his application rejected?

3- Can I fill the application and post it by myself or is it better to be done through a solicitor?

thanx alot guys and I'll stick around with you.

LIVERPOOL4EVER
Newly Registered

Post by LIVERPOOL4EVER » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:38 pm

thnx for the reply DEVONIAN

but..is it better to do it through a solicitor or by myself. I have looked at the form and filled most of the required questions and nearly have all the documents really just waiting for the bank statement to arrive.

do i still need a solicitor or is it ok to post it myself?

appreciate your help

DA375

Post by DA375 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:13 pm

If your case is strait forward....... ie no gaps and so on I wouldn't pay a solicitor, however....... if it is complicated for what ever reason I would advice you to go through a solicitor.This is only my 2 cents....

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:19 am

agree with DA375.. but personally I used a solicitor even though my case is straight forward just for peace of mind.

faismala
Newly Registered

Post by faismala » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:05 pm

My friend got his lLr on 14 sept 2010 exactly after 28 weeks 10 years student (with 1 missing pasport)from liverpool.(no additional document sent)

LIVERPOOL4EVER
Newly Registered

Post by LIVERPOOL4EVER » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:03 pm

faismala wrote:My friend got his lLr on 14 sept 2010 exactly after 28 weeks 10 years student (with 1 missing pasport)from liverpool.(no additional document sent)

what kind of document and proofs did he sent (for international students)?

please advice

powermatic

Post by powermatic » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:19 pm

faismala wrote:My friend got his lLr on 14 sept 2010 exactly after 28 weeks 10 years student (with 1 missing pasport)from liverpool.(no additional document sent)
sorry, are you saying that UKBA lost his passport, or did he get his visa without having to sent one of his passports. IF passport is missing - is it still with UKBA or lost in the post?!

Jay4you

Post by Jay4you » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi faismala,

I have also lost one of my Passport in past. what documents have your friend sent with his application to prove he was in this country during that time?

faismala
Newly Registered

Post by faismala » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:45 pm

Jay4you wrote:
Hi faismala,

I have also lost one of my Passport in past. what documents have your friend sent with his application to prove he was in this country during that time?
My friend's passport was stolen which covers his 4 years(2000-2004) so he sent his police report,life in the uk,remaining passports,set(o)and a cheque for £820.

Jay4you

Post by Jay4you » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:00 am

faismala wrote:
Jay4you wrote:
Hi faismala,

My friend's passport was stolen which covers his 4 years(2000-2004) so he sent his police report,life in the uk,remaining passports,set(o)and a cheque for £820.
Many Thanks for the reply Faismala!!

My Passport was lost at the same time so It's great to know that I was maybe overly worrying myself about my lost passport.

Thanks once again!!

LIVERPOOL4EVER
Newly Registered

Post by LIVERPOOL4EVER » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:43 pm

faismala wrote:
Jay4you wrote:
Hi faismala,

your friend story is exactly like mine I think

the house i used to live in was broken into and my old passport was stolen, unfortunately I didn't report it to police..thanks god they haven't took the new..also before I renew the passport I made a copy of all the pages of the old passport which includes the stamp of the date I entered th UK.

do you think they will accept the copy of the old passport that was stolen or shall I report it now and get a police report.. it was stolen in 2005 which is years ago

faismala
Newly Registered

Post by faismala » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:15 pm

LIVERPOOL4EVER wrote:
faismala wrote:
Jay4you wrote:
Hi faismala,

your friend story is exactly like mine I think

the house i used to live in was broken into and my old passport was stolen, unfortunately I didn't report it to police..thanks god they haven't took the new..also before I renew the passport I made a copy of all the pages of the old passport which includes the stamp of the date I entered th UK.

do you think they will accept the copy of the old passport that was stolen or shall I report it now and get a police report.. it was stolen in 2005 which is years ago
I dont think the police will give you that instead apply for your sar file that will give you the detail of every thing until now when u applied ,when the application was raised ,when the visa was issued.Send the copy of old passport& copy of sar file with your application as well.

LIVERPOOL4EVER
Newly Registered

Post by LIVERPOOL4EVER » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:23 pm

faismala wrote:
I dont think the police will give you that instead apply for your sar file that will give you the detail of every thing until now when u applied ,when the application was raised ,when the visa was issued.Send the copy of old passport& copy of sar file with your application as well.

I thinl I will do that to keep myself in the safe side. just finished writing the letter and will post it tomorrow.

thanks for the advice faismala

aman5

Post by aman5 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:12 pm

LIVERPOOL4EVER wrote:
Can I fill the application and post it by myself or is it better to be done through a solicitor?
In these days of economic recession, every penny counts.

FWIW, I think, unless someone really has a very complicated case, it is, perhaps, better to send an application on your own rather than sending it through a law firm.

This is what I would suggest:

1. Some weeks before sending your ILR application to the UKBA, read as many threads of the “Indefinite Leave to Remainâ€

DA375

Post by DA375 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:48 pm

Guys

got a call in the morning from my solicitor and he said UKBA has called him and informed him that I have being granted Ilr and my wife also has being granted her spouse visa and the passports will be in the post soon. Sorry could not update earlier.

Wait time -30.5 weeks

faismala
Newly Registered

Post by faismala » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:08 pm

DA375 wrote:Guys

got a call in the morning from my solicitor and he said UKBA has called him and informed him that I have being granted Ilr and my wife also has being granted her spouse visa and the passports will be in the post soon. Sorry could not update earlier.

Wait time -30.5 weeks
Congratulations DA375 so atlast, after 4 weeks of your wife's biometric u got ur ilr,bit of releif for me and i m very happy for u.(2 good news in 3 days)

DA375

Post by DA375 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:13 pm

Hi faismala

Spot on exactly 4 weeks today for my wifes biometrics,thank you....... you will here good news very soon as well.....

ku
Newly Registered

ILR 10 YEARS

Post by ku » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi guys,

Im new to this forum and just joined,
hoping to apply for ilr early october this year,under 10 years student catagerory,im a bit confused of the doucuments that need to be sending along with the application, can someone tell me exactly the additional papers that i should be sending..............

faismala
Newly Registered

Re: ILR 10 YEARS

Post by faismala » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:15 pm

ku wrote:Hi guys,

Im new to this forum and just joined,
hoping to apply for ilr early october this year,under 10 years student catagerory,im a bit confused of the doucuments that need to be sending along with the application, can someone tell me exactly the additional papers that i should be sending..............

SET(O) COMPLETED+£840 PAYMENT+LIFE IN THE UK TEST CERT+ALL UR PASSPORTS U R HOLDIN FOR 10 YEARS THAT'S IT.

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:37 am

Devonian have you heard anything yet?

banda
Newly Registered

long residence 10 years set(o) waiting times

Post by banda » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:00 pm

Finally got my ilr today. Its been a long 8 months wait. had a very stressful time. this forum had been very helpful though i couldn't contribute to this thread (i mentioned few times that i called the UKBA)

Special thanks to Beige and Kiwigirl for their replies.

ilr application posted on 09/02/2010
10 year student
no additional documents submitted

powermatic

Post by powermatic » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:40 am

hello everyone
finaly I have very good news

ILR Received on 22 September 2010 - total waiting time 28 weeks
Filed application form myself, did not send too many additional documents, although sent a savings account statement to prove that I am financially stable. in the whole waiting time I called UKBA only twice, never got my MP involved (to be honest dont even know who she or he is).

I am very pleased as the waiting game is now officially over for me as well as the trouble of visa extentions will never bother me again.

I would like to thank you all for mutual support and wish you all the best!!!

aman5

Post by aman5 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:14 pm

Congratulations powermatic :D

Geostar2010
Newly Registered

Post by Geostar2010 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:04 pm

Congrets Powermatic!!!!

DEVONIAN

Post by DEVONIAN » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:20 pm

Big Congrats to all (namely: ILR-2010, DA375, Powermatic,Coolboyuk, Aman5, and any other regulars on this thread) who have been waiting and have finally been granted their long awaited ILRs. And, to those of us still awaiting our response, hope it arrives sooner than later as a positive response. Big Congratulations to all who have been waiting and have finally been granted their long awaited ILR. And, to those of us still awaiting our response, I honestly hope everyone receives a positive response sooner rather than later. Shalom!