ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation proof of Tier 1 General Depenendent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shieldguy

Accomodation proof of Tier 1 General Depenendent

Post by shieldguy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:17 am

I am living in UK under Tier 1 general I am applying for my wife as dependent, I am currently living in shared house where I am renting small room and I am paying 210 pounds per month and all my documents like bank statement and other letters are on this address, also I dont pay any utility bills. Now I am applying for my wife visa next month and I had decided her expected date to come to UK in Jan.
I had done the tenancy agreement of 500 pounds/month in a double room in the same house where I am living currently and I had set the first payment date to be of Dec 2010.

What documents I need to show for my application regarding accomation in my scinario

Please advice as soon as possible as I have very less time and I am feeling really uncomfortable in my accomadation scinario but cant go for a house or flat as it will be expensive

Thanks

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Re: Accomodation proof of Tier 1 General Depenendent

Post by rubina20102010 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:28 am

tenancy agreement should be ok . BUT try to get home inspection report as you r living in shared house...

shieldguy

Post by shieldguy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:38 pm

Thanks
also plz advise how should i mention above scenario in my application cover letter
did they look for rent going out from my account in my bank statement

askhan

RE

Post by askhan » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:06 pm

TA will be fine. if its in you name.

if pay cash then ask your LL to give you some receipt.

if you pay by bank account use you statement.

if you deposit cash to account use deposit slip as proof.

Make sure amount should be exactly same as on TA

shieldguy

Post by shieldguy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:06 pm

Actually i m living this property for last 1year and renting room for 210 pounds
but as mentioned above now i had planned to get the big double room for rent with the first payment to made in dec 1st and moving in on jan 1st so for double room i cant show payment on bank statement
what should i do now?
Kindly Plz advice
thanks

shieldguy

Post by shieldguy » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:24 pm

Amount is not same i take cash out and transfer and give cash as rent some time

alladin

Post by alladin » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:54 pm

shieldguy wrote:Amount is not same i take cash out and transfer and give cash as rent some time

I have applied for the dependent visa for my wife while I was living in a shared house and renting an ensuite double bed room. As per the rules, the room should be big for 2 people to live "comfortably" , that is without over-crowding.

I have shown the agreement with my landlord and the no objection from him about my wife staying at the house in the application.

HTH,
alladin

drdheer

Post by drdheer » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:14 pm

Put Tenancy Agreement, Any utility bill, Council tax bill and letter from your landlord stating that accomodation will be comfortable and adequate for you to accomodate your wife. If you do this, provided you fulfill all other requirements then your wife's visa should be successful.

BUT all these things are not mandatory infact mandatory is only maintenence funds, Marriage certificate and make sure you provide proof that your marriage is subsisting and you are in regular contact with your wife. Marriage photographs, accomodation proof, your job confirmation letter from employer, pay slips etc are just to make case more strong. All the best!