ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILE for dependant elderly parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

koshynita

ILE for dependant elderly parents

Post by koshynita » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:30 am

Dear all

I would be grateful for some advice

I applied for ILE for my elderly parents from kochi, india VFS
Its been approx 2 months now & my parents suddenly heard from VFS that they have to go and get a medical.

They are both diabetic, mother had an angio & father has memory problems all of which was declared.
As far as i understand india is not a TB screening country.

could anybody guide me as to what the medical is all about?

could anybody who was in a similar situation help?

Unfortunately my parents didnt ask the vfs anything about their visa status .

thanking in advance
regards

hmm

Post by hmm » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:48 am

Sounds like the visas has been granted. India is TB screening country so thats must be what they meant by the medical - TB certificate.

Your parents needs to pick up a parcel from the VFS office which tells you all about it.

koshynita

Post by koshynita » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:33 pm

unfortunately thats not true

india is not a TB screening country

regards

koshynita

Post by koshynita » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:11 pm

i have now tracked the passport on
https://www.vfs.org.in/UKG-PassportTrac ... I5Nsf4HA== & it says medical envelope in transit
regards

hmm

Post by hmm » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:26 pm

koshynita wrote:unfortunately thats not true

india is not a TB screening country

regards
Sorry. yes... India is not a TB Screening country.

I don't know the current situation. Friend of mine was asked to take a medical about a year ago in Cochin. She had her medical in Amrita Institute of medical sciences. It was blood test, urine test, Eye test, height, weight, etc and also took x-ray.
I guess BHC will make the decision when they get the medical results back from the hospital.

The status should change to "medical envelope ready for collection" soon. your parents can then collect the envelope from the VFS.

koshynita

could any of the seniors help

Post by koshynita » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:48 am

could any of the seniors help with regard to what the medical is about & what its intention is?

this is a visa application for ile

koshynita

had medical & awaiting decision

Post by koshynita » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:49 am

My parent went for the medical

There were questions on the form regarding their details etc which needed to be filled by them.

It was all a bit daunting for the elderly parents to go to kochi from my hometown, stay in a hotel etc for 3-4 days.

got a travel agent to fill everything for them

i sent a list of their problems ( medical) by email to them & asked them to show it to doctor which they did.

the doctor appeared not very interested in any of that

i am not sure what this medical was all about?

awaiting decision now

koshynita

thanks for help

Post by koshynita » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:21 pm

my parents finally received their passports & are granted ILE with an expiry period.
thanks for everybodys help

Alla Blair
Newly Registered

question

Post by Alla Blair » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:48 pm

Hi all!

Somebody used many time in the topic of Forum " VFS". What does it mean?

Thank you in advance.

needAdvise
Newly Registered

Re: thanks for help

Post by needAdvise » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 pm

koshynita wrote:my parents finally received their passports & are granted ILE with an expiry period.
thanks for everybodys help
Hi koshynita,

Can you please provide me some advice regarding ILE for ur parents.
How did you prove that none of the relatives in India can take care of your parents. Also, what do you mean by expiry period here, does this visa not allow you stay for forever?

Please if you can help me, I will be grateful as my husband wants to apply fro this visa for his parents.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:37 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

needAdvise
Newly Registered

Post by needAdvise » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:03 am

vinny wrote:ILE.
Hi Vinny,
Thanks alot. That clarifies it.
I need some more information, if you can provide it, I will be grateful.
We are in UK on ILR.
My husband's parents live in ndia and father is 70 years old and mother 61. They r financially dependent on us as we send them money every month and we have got bank letteres and statements as proof. But the house they live in is in my MIL's name, so I am not sure whether it can be considered financial dependence on us, even though the hose was bought 7 years back.

Also, as such they are in good health, no big health problems except usual that come with old age.

Now, my husband is their only child. How can we prove that, becasue we don't have any legal documents for that.
My MIL has two brothers in India, one lives in same city and is already taking care of my MIL's mother(who is 80 years old) and has got a family of his own.
Other lives in city which is 40 hrs away by train journey, they hardly see him, haven't met him even once in last 5 years.
So, how can we prove that no relative in India can take care of them.

If you can please clarify these doubts I will be really grateful. I posted these in a new post as well but did not get nay response except the link to older relatives post. Its informative but I still fail to understand how to provide documents for relatives etc.

Thanks again