ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 - is it possible ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dj25000

EEA4 - is it possible ?

Post by dj25000 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:55 pm

HI Guys,

I have applied for my eea4 application 2 weeks ago as a spouce of EU citizen. Waiting for the COA.

There is a possibility that we get divorced very soon. I need some advice.

How will our divorce effect my eea4 status ?

How will it affect my citizenship application after 1 year ?

I am not sure how long divorce takes, any ideas please ?

Regards,
DJ

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:10 pm

Was your wife exercising treaty rights throughout the 5 year period? How was she exercising treaty rights? Did you submit her passport, evidence of her exercising treaty rights, evidence of cohabitation? When did you get married? When did you enter the uk in case you married abroad before coming to the uk?
Answers to your questions depend on your answers to these questions.

rani1874

Post by rani1874 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:20 pm

stick to your wife for 6 months more if you get divorce it can be very long way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dj25000

Post by dj25000 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:15 am

HI Guys,

we have been married since sep'2005 in the uk. I have submitted mariage certificate and tenancy agreement as co-habitance.

she has been working since 08'2005 without gap, i have submitted the proof with my application.

I have submitted her passport, marriage ceritificate, tenancy agreement, my passport, both of our last 5 years bank statement, her 5 p60's and latest payslips, her latest employers letter.

I had been in the uk since 07'2002

We are in good terms so far. She will wait till i get my passport with PR back. Then she wants the divorce filed.

ANy more info please ask....

Thanks a lot for your help guys...

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:53 pm

So, what's your problem then?
The most important thing is cooperation of the eea which is your case. You are now a permanent resident and just asked the home office to confirm this fact. Whether you divorce or not, you are a permanent resident still

dj25000

Post by dj25000 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:14 am

Hi Guerro,
Thanks for your reply.

But once i am devorced i mean if i'm divoced now, does that invalidate my PR status ?

And what papers do i submit when applying for my naturalization ?

Thanks,
Sheikh

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:50 am

dj25000 wrote:Hi Guerro,
Thanks for your reply.

But once i am devorced i mean if i'm divoced now, does that invalidate my PR status ?

Thanks,
Sheikh
It will not invalidate your status as long as the application has been already submitted after 5 years of marriage. You will lose your permanent residence status in case of absence from the uk for continuous two years.
As for naturalisation, you can apply in sep 2011 in case your wife, or ex wife at that point, will help you by submitting her papers ( passport, proof of exercising treaty rights, etc) otherwise you have to wait one year from the date of issuance of the permanent residence and submit your papers only

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:52 am

dj25000 wrote:Hi Guerro,
Thanks for your reply.

Thanks,
Sheikh
Funny how you worry about your permanent residence and not about your marriage. Pathetic !
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Mary1

Post by Mary1 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:03 pm

Wankhtoon wrote
Funny how you worry about your permanent residence and not about your marriage. Pathetic !

And your point is?

Mary

dj25000

???

Post by dj25000 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:04 pm

Pakhtoon,

I dont remember asking about your opinion on my marriage..if you cant shed lights on the ' TOPIC ' please keep your opinions to yourself..you have no idea what i did to keep my marriage from breaking...

DJ