ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependents over 18 of Ex-British Army settled in UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tgrl
Newly Registered

Dependents over 18 of Ex-British Army settled in UK

Post by tgrl » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:13 am

Hi everyone,
i am quite confused and scared to apply for ILR coz me and my brother both are above 18.We are staying in Nepal with our mother(She has not applied yet) and currently studying too.My father is an ex british army and got his ILE few years ago but we missed the chance to apply at that time. Now, rumours are there that some dependents over18 got ILR and mostly rejected.But some says its our right to get ILR if we are still dependent on our father. So, we along with our mother thinking to apply for ILR. Please suggest us to take right decision and ideas about what type of documents should we collect and should we apply for ILE?
Please, do share your suggestions as soon as possible.
Hopefully,thank you.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:49 am

Requirements for indefinite leave to enter the United Kingdom as the child of a parent, parents or a relative present and settled or being admitted for settlement in the United Kingdom wrote:297. The requirements to be met by a person seeking indefinite leave to enter the United Kingdom as the child of a parent, parents or a relative present and settled or being admitted for settlement in the United Kingdom are that he: .....
(ii) is under the age of 18; .....
Requirements for indefinite leave to enter the United Kingdom as the child of a parent, parents or a relative present and settled in the United Kingdom or being admitted for settlement on the same occasion in accordance with paragraphs 276E to 276Q or of a member of HM Forces who is exempt from immigration control under section 8(4)(a) of the Immigration Act 1971 and has at least 5 years' continuous service wrote:276X. The requirements to be met by a person seeking indefinite leave to enter the United Kingdom as the child of a parent, parents or a relative present and settled in the United Kingdom or being admitted for settlement on the same occasion in accordance with paragraphs 276E to 276Q or of a member of HM Forces who is exempt from immigration control under section 8(4)(a) of the Immigration Act 1971 and has at least 5 years' continuous service are that: .....
(ii) is under the age of 18; .....
regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:08 am

See also policy relating to HM Forces' family (276R-276AI).

Why didn't you apply at the same time as your father?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tgrl
Newly Registered

Post by tgrl » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:35 am

i know the age limit for the dependents to apply for ILR...but still dependents like me over 18 who are still studying were getting ILR in the past but nowadays i don't know..that's why i was curious if recently somebody got ILR or know that somebody has got ILR then please let me know..me and my brother couldnot apply with my father coz after getting his ILE he went to Iraq and at that time we were unknown about the age limit...