ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstaying Current UK Visa by 4 Days - But have valid visa?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

confusedandscared
Newly Registered

Overstaying Current UK Visa by 4 Days - But have valid visa?

Post by confusedandscared » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:40 pm

A few weeks ago, I entered the UK on a Tier 5 Visa that was set to expire today.

However, I have a Tier 4 student visa in my passport which is currently valid and will not expire for the next few years.

Because I entered the UK on a visa that is now expired, and not on the visa that is currently valid, I am technically overstaying my Tier 5 visa, and thus overstaying.

I did not realize this would be the case, because I thought that as long as I held a valid visa to remain in the UK, I would be fine.

However, I called the UK home office, who told me that I have to leave the country and try to re-enter on my new visa.

Unfortunately I cannot leave today, because my passport is with my aunt and uncle, who are currently on holiday. I have to wait till they return, early next week, for me to leave the country, which I will do immediately.

Will the Uk bar me from entering into the UK on my currently valid visa, because i overstayed the old one, even though the new one was valid prior to the old one expiring?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:57 pm

Can I have more than one visa? wrote:It is not possible to hold more than one visa or entry clearance.
Was your Tier 4 visa issued before / after Tier 5 visa?

regards

John

Post by John » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:15 pm

confusedandscared, so you are confused and scared .... I am just confused! Can you clarify?

I suspect the following .... am I correct? You entered the UK on a Tier 5 visa, and while in the UK, and before the expiry date of that Tier 5 visa you applied for and ended up being granted a Tier 4 visa?

If I am not correct, please give details of the timeline.
John

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:31 am

John, Tier 5 to Tier 4 switch is not allowed.

regards

John

Post by John » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:56 am

OK, accepted, but until confusedandscared clarifies the situation, I don't think it is possible to take this further.
John