ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence Vs ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mfwales

Absence Vs ILR

Post by mfwales » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:10 pm

Hi All,

I came to UK in 2006 July. Absences from UK so far has been ~2-3 weeks trip home once a year. I am thinking of applying for ILR on June 2011.

I have now been offered a job in Spain. It is Madrid based but the company has a registered office in the UK through which I can be hired and can be paid in the UK. What are the chances of this affecting the ILR if I make sure that I re-enter UK before the 90days cut off is over, stay couple of weeks and then move out again. Going by this I would have accumulated almost 180 days of absence in the last year alone. I can get the company to give me a letter saying I was out on business trips.

Without compromising with my ILR application and considering the current economic scenario, should I say yes to the job? :? :?

Thanks in advance.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:28 am

there are more than enough threads on the forum on this topic. please spend some time to search rather than just opening a new thread...