ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CE Scheme

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

wizardland

CE Scheme

Post by wizardland » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:48 am

arghh, found a perfect job but cant even apply as im not eligible. they say its smthg called CE scheme. i have to be on the dole for at least 12 months and im not even on the dole (yet). dont make sense, y am i not given the chance to apply, there could be the case where not one of the long term unemployed ppl is qualified for the job.

is it just me or is it hard for everyone to get a job? ive always worked back home. i just got here, i dont wanna hv to go back. i dont wanna give up but i feel useless not working, its horrible.

fatty patty

Re: CE Scheme

Post by fatty patty » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:36 pm

wizardland wrote:arghh, found a perfect job but cant even apply as im not eligible. they say its smthg called CE scheme. i have to be on the dole for at least 12 months and im not even on the dole (yet). dont make sense, y am i not given the chance to apply, there could be the case where not one of the long term unemployed ppl is qualified for the job.

is it just me or is it hard for everyone to get a job? ive always worked back home. i just got here, i dont wanna hv to go back. i dont wanna give up but i feel useless not working, its horrible.
hey dude...try this..

www.recruitireland.com
www.jobs.ie
www.irishjobs.ie
www.monster.ie
www.loadzajob.ie

you have better chance of getting a call from jobs advertised above then this community employment scheme....its basically for people on long term dole. if you are not looking for a specialized skill set job then normal good old cv droppings in the shops will do no harm. i know things are tough at the moment but keep the faith you will get it eventually.

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:26 pm

Ah yes, the Community Employment (CE) programme from FÃ
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:54 pm

[quote="Ben"]Ah yes, the Community Employment (CE) programme from FÃ
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:59 pm

Ingenuous! Can't top the 'craic' around here I tell ya :wink: :lol:
:lol:

I hope this FAS thing gets disbanded...it's serving no purpose whatsoever. All this FAS budget should be given to Institutes of Technologies or FETAC institutes in my opinion so they could train unemployed proper + atleast unemployed will come out with a proper cert from DIT/BIT etc. etc. which will be more appealing to employers.

wizardland

Post by wizardland » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:46 pm

thx for the responses guys. appreciate it

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:07 am

The Fas CE scheme is to throw thousands of experienced community workers under a bus and replace them with people on the dole, making them work for less than minimum wage. It's a precursor to the Work For Dole scheme and an effort to drive down the minimum wage.
You know because being unemployed is a holiday!!!