ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Refuses?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AzimScot

ILR Refuses?

Post by AzimScot » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:48 am

What happens if you are refused ILR? Do you have a free appeal or pay for another application? Do they request for more document or info?

John

Post by John » Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:14 pm

There would be a right of appeal, but my question back to you is .... why would it be refused? Assuming the applicant is properly qualified to apply, and supplies all the required documentation, there is no reason for the application to be refused.
John

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:36 pm

well i heard horror stories from relatives regarding names and surname spelling and feel I may fall into that because of variations of spelling of my names on passport and other docs differ same with wife. Companies always get asian names incorrect spelling and they dont allow you to change it unless you cancel the whole account and renew a 12 month contract. Also, require to pay the outstanding money for amount of months left.

Does the appeal cost?

wunder
Member of Standing

Post by wunder » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:14 pm

AzimScot wrote:Companies always get asian names incorrect spelling and they dont allow you to change it unless you cancel the whole account and renew a 12 month contract.
I'm sorry, but this is bollocks. I have successfully made several companies (BT, EDF, British Gas, etc) change my name to correct mistakes without much hassle.

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:21 pm

wunder wrote: I'm sorry, but this is bollocks. I have successfully made several companies (BT, EDF, British Gas, etc) change my name to correct mistakes without much hassle.
Ditto. All you need to do is write to them explaining that they've spelt your name incorrectly. At most, one of my accounts took 2 months for the mistake to be corrected, but it's usually done straight away.

Have you tried?

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:26 am

AzimScot wrote: i heard horror stories from relatives regarding names and surname spelling and feel I may fall into that because of variations of spelling of my names on passport and other docs differ same with wife. Companies always get asian names incorrect spelling and they dont allow you to change it unless you cancel the whole account and renew a 12 month contract. Also, require to pay the outstanding money for amount of months left.

Does the appeal cost?
excuses that appear on this forum never cease to amaze me...

AzimScot

Post by AzimScot » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:38 pm

dont know what earth you guys live on but i get nothing but hassle my phone bill i requested like 4-5 times to change spelling and it still hasnt been done so i may as well forget about it coz never going to be done.

And change or name or adding a name on account is a completle no no u mention to them u need it and for immigration purposes and they run like a mile.

Went to bank other day and wanted a small covering letter to say that my passport name and bank statement name 1 letter different to confirm I am that actual person turns you they cannot do it due to no photo being on my bank statement!!! I shouldnt have a bank account their if they dont believe my passport name and bank statement name dont match!

Ridicolous.

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:08 am

Quite a few companies won't issue bills in joint names, but that won't affect your application. My husband and I have varying degrees of joint and individual bills and the HO have always accepted them. They make provision in the guidance for bills that aren't in joint names, so that isn't a problem at all.

As for the letter from the bank, they unfortunately are not happy to issue letters of any kind, so you need to explain in a covering letter what the issue is and why you feel the need to explain it.

As for your first comment... it seems that everybody has been able to get things changed fairly easily... are you asking them nicely? Putting the request in writing is always the best method. Try that. It's against the law for them to refuse to change your name if you have a genuine request. They'd be breaching the Data Protection Act by not holding your correct details. :)

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:31 pm

AzimScot wrote: Went to bank other day and wanted a small covering letter to say that my passport name and bank statement name 1 letter different to confirm I am that actual person turns you they cannot do it due to no photo being on my bank statement!!! I shouldnt have a bank account their if they dont believe my passport name and bank statement name dont match!

Ridicolous.
did you not notice this when you opend the back account? it would have been so easy to rectify at that time now you may have problems due to your ignorence and now typically blaming banks....

i cant see an easy way out of this..without you having an ID in same name as bank account name how would they easily know you are the right person..anyone can take your card to a bank and change the name on account then....